If you could only have one LOTR WETA Statue...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Viking28 said:
That's cool I mean everybody loves Sauron while I think he is just alright.

I actually don't think Sauron is that great either. The main reason that I kept him is that he works perfectly as a "centerpiece" in my display. I'll have pictures of my finalized idea when I get everything set up.

The Sauron sculpt is very nice, but his quads are too skinny. Sauron needs to hit the gym for a few squats. ;) Plus, the factory paintjob is quite poor, IMO. I had a "Helms Deep" type reaction upon seeing it. I've been planning to have it repainted by a paintmaster, but it will be quite expensive due to his size. Hopefully I'll get around to that someday.

Cave Troll ,smoll, trust me on this one if the Troll was fetching a mere $300 then the “hype” would be gone with him, its cool and all but it is NOT the LOTR’s….. ;)

For me, the #1 statue in the SSW line is the Morgul Lord, that guy is just plain and simply put Kick A**,:horror :horror it reeks LOTR’s, but yes the RW/S is all that and deserves mention up there. And Sauron is also Kick, the sculpt, size, it is a force to be reckoned with, it is very impressive and he is after all THE Lord of the Rings….. ;) ;)

Maybe I'm way wrong but Sauron and the paint job I've seen my included looks like what I saw at SDCC last year.

Mr Fell Beast said:
[...]Sauron is [...] after all THE Lord of the Rings….. ;) ;)

Ditto.

or, if you want, go for a Strider. Aragorn as the ranger is a very excellent statue, and after all, he's the king in The Return of The King.

And he's a hard-to-get one, but if you wanted just "the king".. then by all means get Elessar, with GTG and Sauron. For 1000 bucks I think you could get those three.

jlcmsu said:
Maybe I'm way wrong but Sauron and the paint job I've seen my included looks like what I saw at SDCC last year.
I don't think that makes any sense...

But from the statues I own (only 4) mine would go
1. Morgul Lord
2. Gandalf the Grey
3. Berserker
4. Balrog, Flame of Udun

Mr Fell Beast said:
Cave Troll ,smoll, trust me on this one if the Troll was fetching a mere $300 then the “hype” would be gone with him, its cool and all but it is NOT the LOTR’s….. ;)

For me, the #1 statue in the SSW line is the Morgul Lord, that guy is just plain and simply put Kick A**,:horror :horror it reeks LOTR’s, but yes the RW/S is all that and deserves mention up there. And Sauron is also Kick, the sculpt, size, it is a force to be reckoned with, it is very impressive and he is after all THE Lord of the Rings….. ;) ;)

Thats awesome to hear, since I'm kicking my collecion off with this piece!:rock

Get yourself an Eowyn to go with it. You'll be glad you did--they make such a cute couple! The pair really jump off the screen and onto your shelf, straight out of the scene in Return of the King.

(Although the facial features of the Morgul Lord are a little lacking.)

tomandshell said:
Get yourself an Eowyn to go with it. You'll be glad you did--they make such a cute couple! The pair really jump off the screen and onto your shelf, straight out of the scene in Return of the King.

(Although the facial features of the Morgul Lord are a little lacking.)

second that .....

BDboystoys said:
Thats awesome to hear, since I'm kicking my collecion off with this piece!:rock

AWESOME CHOICE!!!!:joy :banana

Trust me when you open that massive box you will pleasantly surprised and oh so very happy. The best thing is the edition size is rather big so the ML can be had for relatively cheap. His pose, that mask, flowing beauty…..Great choice…..

Thanks to all of your suggestions and a bit of searching and researching, I believe I will go a bit above the 1K and get.
Gandalf on Shadowfax
Mogul Lord
Sauron
Ringwraith on Steed

When released I will also get Legimarod and Aragorn at the black gates.
The mounted figures look like they're really impressive.

customizerwannabe said:
Thanks to all of your suggestions and a bit of searching and researching, I believe I will go a bit above the 1K and get.
Gandalf on Shadowfax
Mogul Lord
Sauron
Ringwraith on Steed

Very nice choices!!:banana The H&R pieces are really the best line from the SSW collection IMO.

customizerwannabe said:
Gandalf on Shadowfax
Mogul Lord
Sauron
Ringwraith on Steed

Good choices. Those are all still relatively cheap (besides the RWOS) and are all nice pieces. I never had the ML, simply because I had the RWOS, Fell Beast, and Barad-Dur giclee but it looks nice.

The Rider and Steeds are the Weta pieces to get. Gothmog on Warg is also excellent. I don't like the Aragorn piece at all, but the other 4 are great. I still have Leg and Gim on order, but I think I'm going to cancel and get the Fellowship in PF form. I love the piece, though.

customizerwannabe said:
Gandalf on Shadowfax
Mogul Lord
Sauron
Ringwraith on Steed

Great choices, you certainly cannot beat the RWOS! :cool:

The ML and Sauron should be nice to bring some display balance, and the riders will be good for the same reason.

For my $$$ the faves in my collection are (or at least the top five):
1) RWOS
2) Sam and Bill
3) UHSS
4) Aragorn
5) Gandalf on Shadowfax

..... followed closely by the WKTF.

In answer to the question "If I could only have one..." the answer is unequivocally "Uruk-Hai Scout Swordsman"! Without question and beyond doubt, the best Sideshow Weta item hands down!

In answer to the question "If you could only have one...which one should I get" the answer is "Ringwraith on Steed". This piece just has something (aura) around it the others don't.

customizerwannabe said:
...I believe I will go a bit above the 1K and get.
Gandalf on Shadowfax
Mogul Lord
Sauron
Ringwraith on Steed

Awesome choices, you won't regret that decision!

And for a limited time only, I happen to have all four available for $1000 plus shipping and the first one customers gets a free Grishnakh bust! :wacky

You know what I just noticed? No one in this entire thread mentioned the Witchking of Angmar which reaffirms my belief that it's highly over rated.

Fritz said:
You know what I just noticed? No one in this entire thread mentioned the Witchking of Angmar which reaffirms my belief that it's highly over rated.

I wasn't nearly as amazed by it as I was when I got my Balrog, CT, Sauron, RWOS, etc.

Back