If Hot Toys Quit - What Would You Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Hot Toys Quits - What Would You Do?

• Collect Enterbay

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Collect Sideshow 1/6

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Collect Bootleg Figures From China

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Collect Statues

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Collect Customs / Kitbashes

Votes: 31 15.4%
  • Quit Collecting 1/6 and get out the game

Votes: 31 15.4%
  • Cry & Blow My Brains Out

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • I really don't give a crap

Votes: 85 42.3%

• Total voters
I collect a license, not a company. HT happens to make the best quality Nolanverse Batman products. I bought Batman toys that happened to be made by HT. I was eying up Takara and Medicom before and just went with what I liked most.

After I'm done with this collection of Nolanverse Batman figures, I'm done with HT. I'll continue doing customs of characters not made or buy figures from companies that have the license as long as they're quality products.

It appears I have already quit Hot Toys as I have not made a purchase since DX T-800 and do not expect to make another till Batman Returns. You can fill the gap on how long the timeline will be.
I guess I am like a smoker…."you never quit you just stop"!!

If I wasn't collecting their stuff it would just be something else or I'd be keeping my money in my bank account.

I would just mainly just keep looking for statues and save more money. I sold all of my hot toys away because I just didn't enjoy them anymore. I know its supposed to be a high end toy, but from they just still have this toy like thing to them that makes me not enjoy them after a week or so. Now I have gotten so picky that I won't get any Hot Toys unless it have this homerun quality to it. Avengers Thor looked really good but somehow still have this toy like look to it. Avengers Loki on the other hand to me is a homerun!

It appears I have already quit Hot Toys as I have not made a purchase since DX T-800 and do not expect to make another till Batman Returns. You can fill the gap on how long the timeline will be.
I guess I am like a smoker…."you never quit you just stop"!!

Same here, no orders since Spider-Man

Don't think I'd be to fussed, as it means saving money!!!:rolleyes2

I doubt they would ever stop making them anyway but if they did, I'm sure Enterbay, Sideshow or another company would start rolling the franchises out instead!

Don't think I'd be to fussed, as it means saving money!!!:rolleyes2!

I actually have money put away for about four DX's. My money is sitting there waiting. Problem is nothing interesting ( for me) to spend on. What scares me is money for four DX today might mean only 2 to 3 when The Penguin and others (Rocky) is released!!!

I only have 6 HT figures and I have only 1 on PO at the moment. So I voted, I don't really give a crap. HT doesn't make the figures I really want anyways.

I actually have money put away for about four DX's. My money is sitting there waiting. Problem is nothing interesting ( for me) to spend on. What scares me is money for four DX today might mean only 2 to 3 when The Penguin and others (Rocky) is released!!!

I remember back in 2011 i put aside money for all the XFC, MGS & Green Lantern figures.

... :monkey2

they will never quit they make **** loads of money,and especially when they make figures like iron man and predators,take all whats left from previous versions and modifiy them a bit and re sell for **** loads of money.and the amazing thing is that ppl buy them

I voted "Collect Enterbay," but I only really buy one figure by them per year (if even that). I'd end up saving a boatload of money, that's the more realistic outcome. Then again they're already helping me do that by putting out nothing by Iron Man.

I voted, "I really don't give a crap".

Hot Toys doesn't really make many things I'm interested in anymore and their prices are getting crazy.

Meh... I collect more from other companies than I do Hot Toys right now anyways. Especially with the prices.

I would be happy about it. No more 2.0 or reissues of anything means more collectible. Besides, like many, i happened into this in 2010. First Hot Toy was Bruce Lee ETD. He was so well done, i caught the nostalgia bug and ended up getting T-800 tech noir, beat it michael jackson, blister street clothes clubber lang, Sgt Barnes, reeves supes, keaton bats, nicholson joker, bespin Luke. For me, thats a nice little entourage of vintage 80s icons for my man cave. Really, more "dolls" than i ever imagined getting....but like many, i was simply smitten by the level of detail hot toys achieved.
That said....i can feel ive about hit my limit on $300 toys and unless something strikes a serious chord, im out anyway.
DX Robocop is the only thing im waiting for....and perhaps a well done Indiana Jones.

After Hulk, nothing past $245 to $250 for me, it would take a DX Bruce Willis, Arnold “Conan”, or a Brandon Lee “Crow” to make me cross the line.

Chose 'Collect Enterbay'. HT makes some really cool figures (MGS, ROCKY, PRED) and all, but I'm not dead set on them, and majority of other licenses are whatever. I'd rather collect NBA figures than characters from movies.

Probably a major investor will takeover HT's talents and continue what they're doing under a new name. But if I have to choose from the options, I'll buy Enterbay as they're the closest thing that ever approached HT in terms of figure quality.

Back