If Hot Toys Quit - What Would You Do?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If Hot Toys Quits - What Would You Do?

• Collect Enterbay

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Collect Sideshow 1/6

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Collect Bootleg Figures From China

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Collect Statues

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Collect Customs / Kitbashes

Votes: 31 15.4%
  • Quit Collecting 1/6 and get out the game

Votes: 31 15.4%
  • Cry & Blow My Brains Out

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • I really don't give a crap

Votes: 85 42.3%

• Total voters
I have to side with the non crap givers on this one. They're not the only game in town, and if they folded the vacuum left would only result in a few new startups looking to take their place.

This hobby is bigger than any one company, and as long as you keep your horizons suitably broad then there will always be something out there worthy of tempting you to part with your cash for.

I used to be a huge fan of them when I first started collecting. But after their relentless spam of Ironman and nonstop price increases... I don't "Love" them anymore.

Everyone (good, bad, indifferent) would have a <CENSORED> of $ and the other companies still in the game in all likelihood see more new business & customers.

The end of HOT TOYS would not necessarily mean improved design & quality from other companies, but it's possible former HOT TOYS collaborators, sculptors, etc. may end up forming their own 1:6 collective/company or end up working for one of the existing companies.

This hobby is bigger than any one company, and as long as you keep your horizons suitably broad then there will always be something out there worthy of tempting you to part with your cash for.

This.

I've been getting into the MP line of Transformers and have been enjoying it a lot.

There is always somewhere else to get your toy fix :)

I have to side with the non crap givers on this one. They're not the only game in town, and if they folded the vacuum left would only result in a few new startups looking to take their place.

Great post. :exactly:

New here, and I hope HT does die, I have been collecting since before they made their mark. Their early stuff was priced perfectly, but now they price items simply to pad their pockets with lines that are worn out. I am a fan of Iron Man, but come now, they are getting as bad as the Barbie line with every MK series.

We'd all survive- have more money and be in better mental health.....

I , myself would collect Star Trek TOS stuff and be happy..

:goodpost:

For Instance 3A

ahalo13_zps42457fcc.jpg

8645955587_da27cb63bf_b.jpg

Collect weapons instead.

5796e922ada73f4ead61f4524fd8a2ca.jpg

Life goes on. I don't collect the company as much as the individual items anyway. If there weren't any more HT figures I wanted ... there wouldn't be any more HT figures I wanted. Can't miss what was never there.

SnakeDoc

There'd be little need for panic. Manufacturers know there's a market for these things. Studios would licence another company to make them and life would go on.

Somebody would step up.....HT's def brought the game up a an entire notch but there will always be someone else.

I'd wait and see who comes along and really runs with the ball. It seems that every time I feel a quintessential figure/toy is made, the same company(or another) comes along and trumps the other.

I'm with snake Doctor, I've started building an AR-15 and has become my second obsession it's awesome, need a glock 17 and a springfield xD.45 sub compact, then I'll be a happy camper!

I'd wait and see who comes along and really runs with the ball. It seems that every time I feel a quintessential figure/toy is made, the same company(or another) comes along and trumps the other.

This is so true.

After McFarland pretty much died NECA stepped up has surpassed their best pieces now a days.

Somebody will always step up.

Back