IF Hot Toys made Hulk- How should they design his body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which body type would you want for a Hulk figure ?

• Full muscle body, no visible joints- like Leonidas

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Cut shoulder joints- like Dutch

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Sculpted muscle arms, visible joints- like Wolverine

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Plastic sculpted body- like Predator

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
LOL. this is bull____. I started a post like this sometime ago and people got pissed off because their stupid asses thought that I was making an annoucement that Hot Toys will be bringing out a Hulk figure, even when I clearly titled the post saying they weren't. u nobheads lol. Anyways I'd want a full muscle suit. The Predator figure by Hot Toys looks damn good but when you see them joints then it just puts you off, very ugly them joints, AND they look so plasticly (if thats a real word). For the parts where the joints are they need to add extra rubber thats folded so when the arm for example is extended then the extra rubber will unfold out. Something like that wud be an idea. Also the Hulk has big fat muscles so hes not exactly gonna move and pose like Spiderman, so it wouldn't be hard for a full body suit to work, unless your posing your figs everyday.
Then again cut shoulder joints like Dutch would work very well as long as they try to keep the cuts in line with the muscles. So the cut is more rounded rather then a stright cut. The Dutch stye body will give equal amounts of poseability and realism.

Also @Flosi about your comment of "I play with toys all the time.... In fact, this is a thread about toys! Imagine that..." No, this is not a thread about toys. Hot Toys don't make toys, they make movie memorabilia. If you want toys then go buy 7" toys or DC direct stuff.

Last edited:
The bulk of a Hulk figure made in the same fashion as Hellboy would make him nearly impossible to movie, it would basically be static. Even if handled like Dutch the bulky muscles on the arms would also make it nearly impossible to move. If you guys want static, no joint collectibles buy statues and/or PFs.

Exactly... this is the T-Rex figure which (I think) is the largest muscular body HT has produced. And while the arms look very good... it has very little poseability. The shoulders have a very small range of movement, and the elbows can bend fairly well to about 90 degrees back to straight. But that is it, the torso has no movement and basically what you see w/some small variation is what you get.

Also, the upper body is so heavy that the legs are unable to support his weight and w/o a stand he topples over :lol

trexb.jpg

Size comparison with another figure, and the two arms are in the opposite extreme of their poseability.
trexj.jpg

Hulk would have to be even larger than this... maybe 2x the bulk and a few inches taller? No way it would work as a muscle body; might as well just buy a 1/6 statue.

I'm not settling for these easy arguments. If any company can do it (a full muscle body), then HT can.

Sure if you want no poseability... but I think most 1/6 collectors prefer "action" in their action figures.

Well, I wouldn't be expecting much movement from that type of a body anyway, so as long as it is as poseable as Hellboy (which is very reasonable), I'm all for it. Hopefully, HT will see it that way. A Hulk with joints would just look, well, a bit ridiculous.

See my post about the T-Rex figure... that thing is not as poseable as Hellboy; not even close.

A Hulk would be bigger and unless their has been some quantum leap in rubber body techonology there is no way it would work. Leonidas is not much bigger than the old muscular body and you could get a lot out of those as long as you weren't afraid to break it.

Sure if you want no poseability... but I think most 1/6 collectors prefer "action" in their action figures.

I don't think Hot Toys are an action figure company. There are no action poses where cheap and cheesy fireballs propel out from a spring loaded part on the arm. Thats my definition of an action figure. You play with it, there very poseable and they shoot pieces of crappy plastic around. I mean yes you want maximum poseability out of them but there made to pose rather then be an "action" figure.

Action figures didn't always have gimics... they are just poseable figures. And; while HT doesn't have rocket firing figures... they do like using lights, extendable inner mouths (Alien) and opening compartments.

So, there is a lot of action; in their figures :lol

They may as well make him with six sets of arms and legs, all with some articulation, although limited, and able to be swapped over easily, to enable any number of poses.

I really like this idea of having different arms to swap out. Maybe one set could be articulated like Dutch and the others could be in a fixed position. Hot Toys is already doing something like this with the T-800 so we know its possible.

Man imagine all the set ups we could create, Hulk vs Wolvie vs Iron Man vs Blade :lol

Action figures didn't always have gimics... they are just poseable figures. And; while HT doesn't have rocket firing figures... they do like using lights, extendable inner mouths (Alien) and opening compartments.

So, there is a lot of action; in their figures :lol

Yeah but there isnt any play value towards a light up feature, extendable parts (like the alien mouth) or opening compartments (br joker's grenade bag or predators medical kit/bomb detonation kit). These types of features are there for authenticity and being accurate rather then for the fun play factor. So there still regarded as poseable figures hence "....1/6th fully poseable figure...." words being used in the title of the figure and not "....1/6th action figure..." Anyways i'll shut up cause am drifting away from the topic.

:D

But a HT Hulk would look nothing like that, of course. Man that does bring back memories though!

:D

But a HT Hulk would look nothing like that, of course. Man that does bring back memories though!

True. Between the MJ Dlx discussion and the debate over visible joints the board has a lot of hostility today. I am adding humor to lighten the mood. :D

We all agree HT NEEDS to make a movie version Hulk. We differ which version and how it should be made. Truthfully an 18" Hulk from HT whether visible joints or not would be difficult to resist.

True. Between the MJ Dlx discussion and the debate over visible joints the board has a lot of hostility today. I am adding humor to lighten the mood. :D

We all agree HT NEEDS to make a movie version Hulk. We differ which version and how it should be made. Truthfully an 18" Hulk from HT whether visible joints or not would be difficult to resist.

Can you imagine if they could make protos of each type and then present them on their web site and ask us to vote which one makes it to the market? That would be awesome. Even if my preference didn't win, I would still love that process.

Can you imagine if they could make protos of each type and then present them on their web site and ask us to vote which one makes it to the market? That would be awesome. Even if my preference didn't win, I would still love that process.

The poll up top is close, it would be interesting concept to say the least. The threads would go crazy.

Back