IF Hot Toys made Hulk- How should they design his body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which body type would you want for a Hulk figure ?

• Full muscle body, no visible joints- like Leonidas

Votes: 34 42.5%
  • Cut shoulder joints- like Dutch

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Sculpted muscle arms, visible joints- like Wolverine

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Plastic sculpted body- like Predator

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
I can understand how having joints could throw off the appearance. I would want Hulk to blend in with the rest of the figures. Having too many joints would make it look like its just a Toy Biz figure, than whats the point.

Maybe he could be wearing a ripped shirt

No, it's a scaled representation of a real human being. And on some of them, with the right photographer, they could easily be mistaken for the real thing. I don't know about you, but I don't play with toys anymore.
Then you should stick with statues, IMO, because they don't even have neck, wrist, ankle, thigh, and/or knee joints that might force you to suspend your disbelief. Action figures are made to be posed--i.e. played around with. Otherwise, they would be statues.

If the final HT Leonidas figure can really do this:

HT_300_KingLeonidas_PR04.jpg

Then I think they can do a full-rubber upper body for Hulk.

Well, you can pose them, which is great for dio purposes to your liking, but as far as I'm concerned when I have found the perfect pose I leave the dolls alone.

No, it's a scaled representation of a real human being. And on some of them, with the right photographer, they could easily be mistaken for the real thing. I don't know about you, but I don't play with toys anymore.

I play with toys all the time.... In fact, this is a thread about toys! Imagine that... :rolleyes:

I voted joints, like Wolverine... a Massive green rubber body would be like a dust magnet. Also, if I'm going to shell out 250-300 for a 1/6 scale figure it had better not rot away and deteriorate in a few years time.

Well, you could do that pose with several figures. . .and risk their arms ripping. I'm not doing that with my HT, rubber armed figures (unless they have the cut joints). As such, they might as well be little statues/glorified "Bend-Ems".

Well, you could do that pose with several figures. . .and risk their arms ripping. I'm not doing that with my HT, rubber armed figures (unless they have the cut joints). As such, they might as well be little statues/glorified "Bend-Ems".

Well, that's the difference I was trying to spotlight. By even showing that pose (among others) in an official photo, HT is pretty much demonstrating the flexibility of the new suit and inviting us to attempt it. They wouldn't show it if it couldn't be done safely.

Trying a pose like that on the old rubber muscle bodies (i.e. Hellboy, Rambo) doesn't just present a risk of tearing, it presents a certainty.

They also said that that isn't the final version. But once it is released, if this new rubber body is all that, then I will be able to empathize with those who prefer the muscled bodies. However, I personally will still dislike having a bulky rubber body with a wire armature inside it.

i'm torn between the Dutch kinda bod and the full rubber deal. imagine the weight of a full solid rubber correct 1/6 scale Hulk lol. it's cost like 40 bucks to ship. i voted for full rubber, but more i think of it i'd like Dutch style better. more artic and i can handle just those couple joints

The bulk of a Hulk figure made in the same fashion as Hellboy would make him nearly impossible to movie, it would basically be static. Even if handled like Dutch the bulky muscles on the arms would also make it nearly impossible to move. If you guys want static, no joint collectibles buy statues and/or PFs.

A Leonidas stlyed Hulk would just be a 10lb lump of static rubber. Why would anyone want that?

They may as well make him with six sets of arms and legs, all with some articulation, although limited, and able to be swapped over easily, to enable any number of poses.

In any case, if you want it to be able to be posed, it will need articulation and therefore exposed joints. Unless your pretty new to 1/6th scale collecting, you'll already have a number of figures you're happy with that have exposed joints and are able to deal with it in context. I don't see what's wrong with being retrograde in order to have a great figure with the minimum amount of problems.

There are plenty of ways to de-emphasize joints and maintain full articulation that don't involve resorting to rubber.

It would just seem silly to have Iron Man be able to do everything that figure is capable of and then have Hulk be as limited as a DC Direct figure.

Back