"IF" Hot Toys did LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Armored hobbits. Riders with steeds.

I wouldn't want a new Aragorn without Brego. Gandalf the White with Shadowfax. Arwen with Asfaloth. Eowyn with Alcatas. Nazgul. Etc.

Yeah many need a redo anyway. The only ones that want them to pick up where SS left off are the ones that already own them all. I have The Hobbit's and GTG, and would love to put HT ones next to them.
I have them all and would still pick up Aragorn and Legolas if HT did them. Boromir maybe depending on how awesome he looked. I actually think SST did an excellent job on the 2 hobbits and GTG so I'm good with them.

I'd take everything they could put out. Of course that would mean dropping all other lines and collections but it would be worth it.

We know they worked with SS on the Hobbit bodies so even if all we got was a hobbit four pack I'd be all for it.

Doesn't hurt to dream I guess.

I don't think that a Hot Toys attempt at LOTR would be something to replace the Sideshow offerings, just a different take on the figures. Characters like Aragorn and Legolas that were home runs for me could really be well done with the DX treatment, given that the overall look of the character was maintained throughout the Trilogy, with some differences in costuming/weathering. A DX Strider would be great with different shirts or the PERS system, and Legolas could come with the Rohan Armor pieces. Just a thought, but I do hope that Indy and SW are a home run for the Hot Toys guys!

Still, that would be a huge kick in the nuts for Sideshow collectors. All I have is Boromir, but if I had all the ones to date and Hot Toys remade them all while all Sideshow had to do was make Gimli, Merry and Pippin, I'd be pretty upset too.

I would still buy HT versions though. :monkey3

Would it be, though? Those Sideshow figures look a little dated nowadays...

I don't know, to me it's the same as the whole Colonial Marine thing. People paying big bucks for them on Ebay now would undoubtedly be kicking themselves if Hot Toys suddenly announced DX versions with updated sculpts, but really, they just aren't of the same quality as what Hot Toys is doing.

You gotta figure something better is bound to come along eventually. No reason to get upset that you bought the old stuff, it's just a part of the hobby... especially since Hot Toys came around...

Characters like Aragorn and Legolas that were home runs for me could really be well done with the DX treatment, given that the overall look of the character was maintained throughout the Trilogy, with some differences in costuming/weathering. A DX Strider would be great with different shirts or the PERS system, and Legolas could come with the Rohan Armor pieces. Just a thought, but I do hope that Indy and SW are a home run for the Hot Toys guys!

Aragorn with an elven cloak and dagger. Legolas with the Galadrim bow. Yes. I'm a big fan of both of those figures, but I was always waiting for second releases.

I can do without PERS.

I would be happy if they'd just do Merry and Pippin

I would not be happy if they just did Merry and Pippin. But if they got the guts to take on this line, not doing them (and early) would be a miserable fail.

Gimli or another fail

1st figure or GTFO.

Man lol I was just thinking about this yesterday. What I wouldnt do for a HT Lurtz figure. Two head sculpts, bow, sword,arrows and that amazing costume. Man o man that would be my favorite figure ever. I hope HT decides to do LOTR one day because I would absolutely love to have a Lurtz figure.

:goodpost::clap:clap:exactly:

Am I the only one who would love a couple Uruk-Hai's in 1:6?

Nope, not alone at all....:wave

Sideshow did really well with accessories in this line, but I can only imagine where Hot Toys would take things if they had a shot at the license. I wouldn't have to buy a second Boromir just to get the gondorian vambraces for the Aragorn figure. A lot of these could be really nice DX figures. With the 12 days of Sideshow and the Hot Toys announcements, I hope LOTR fans have a lot to look forward to in 2011!

Gandalf and the hobbits were top notch from Sideshow, but one could dream that we would see Merry and Pippin.

Uruk Hai could be designed in similar style and size to the Predator figures that Hot Toys makes...

Can't get my hopes up, as it probably won't happen, but it is nice to dream!

I would love a Wraith King, Lurtz, Aragorn, and Eomer from the 3rd movie complete with every weapon on the battlefield of Gondor.

Everyone else I can live without. Oh a Boromir would be key if you have a Lurtz.

Back