"IF" Hot Toys did LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah many need a redo

What ones need a redo?

Aragorn and Faramir are hurt by paint. Raw sculpts looked fantastic.

GTG, Frodo, Sam, and Boromir sculpts and paints are pretty damn good.

So how exactly is that many?

What ones need a redo?

The LOTR 1/6 are the only 1/6 figures to survive my 1/6 purge and are still on display. Damn fine figures even if a couple did suffer from bad paint apps. The Legolas sculpt could be improved upon though.

Yeah, they really are solid figures. Love them. Forgot about Legolas. Yeah, he would need some tweaking. That I agree with.

I still have a spare Legolas head sculpt that I planned to send across the pond to Darren Carnall to have him re-sculpt and paint. Never did though. I guess I should re-connect with him.

What ones need a redo?

As with anything regarding these toys, it's all opinion.

As much as I loved the LOTR 1:6 line, I do think that Boromir is way off, and Aragorn's paint job was WAY below the standard of the Prototype that got me all excited over this line in the first place.

That being said, if SS decided to pick up where they left off, I would not hesitate to buy them. Now if HT did them, I might be in some financial trouble. SS Star Wars + HT Star Wars + HT Indy + HT LOTR = BIG TROUBLE for my wallet, not to mention my Wife. ;)

You're right it is and thats why I totally disagree. Boromir is dead on to Sean Bean for me. I think that everytime I look at mine.

Hey if SS is done with 1:6th LOTR I'd love it if HT picked it up.

You're right it is and thats why I totally disagree. Boromir is dead on to Sean Bean for me. I think that everytime I look at mine.

Hey if SS is done with 1:6th LOTR I'd love it if HT picked it up.

I would too, but I would need another source of income. :)

Have you ever seen the Toy Biz 12" LOTR? They have to be the absolute worst 12" figures I have ever seen, so anytime I get down on my SS LOTR, I think back to the Toy Biz atrocities and suddenly appreciate SS's work much more.

You and me both. :lol

Yeah, they did alright for the price range. The Gimli they did wasn't too bad really.

What ones need a redo?

3 outta 7 is many.

Legolas, Strider, And Faramir. (although you could get many an argument on the paint job on Frodo's eyes, but not from me.)

I would too, but I would need another source of income. :)

Have you ever seen the Toy Biz 12" LOTR? They have to be the absolute worst 12" figures I have ever seen, so anytime I get down on my SS LOTR, I think back to the Toy Biz atrocities and suddenly appreciate SS's work much more.

The DiD LOTR figures were just as bad. At least the Toy Biz line had good head sculpts (Bilbo and Gimli), and the DiD had decent wardrobes and good weapons, which provided great raw bash material at least.

3 outta 7 is many.

Legolas, Strider, And Faramir. (although you could get many an argument on the paint job on Frodo's eyes, but not from me.)

The only reason it "could" be "many" is cause the line had seven figures.

Meh, all they NEED t omake is Merry, Pippin, Gimli, and a Ringwraith.

Granted, I'd not skoff at a Isildor, a battlefield Elrond, or a Sauron either.

If HT was to ever do this line as I said with Star Wars do all kind of characters or GTFO.

IF HT were to get the LOTR license Id like to see them fill out the rest of the fellowship first.
After that,Saruman would have to be top of the list...then maybe an Eowyn,Theoden,Witch King,Gollum,Eomer,Elrond and........Haldir ;)

but im just living in fantasy world.....Id take anything they put out,even a to scale War Troll ;)

Anything is possible I suppose. I would wager a guess that if HT did pick up the license they'd re-visit characters that were previously done first. So I'd almost guarantee an Aragorn, Legolas, Ganadalf in the first batch. That's just how these companies roll.

a way to get a better sale-through ( and given that hot toys makes weird first character choices[watchmen, anyone]) I'd say start with Gimli, or another one that has little representation before moving on to a re-do.

a way to get a better sale-through ( and given that hot toys makes weird first character choices[watchmen, anyone]) I'd say start with Gimli, or another one that has little representation before moving on to a re-do.

Yeah, but then you have to look at the Hot Toys Platoon figures as a recent example. A lot of fans at OSW wanted characters like Bunny, Big Harold and Junior made, but yet they dove right in and gave us two characters that were previously done by Sideshow and Serang Customs. "If" Sideshow were to snag the LOTR license (and that's a big "if"), I'd more than welcome a Gimli, Merry, Pippen, or Saruman, but I just don't see that happening honestly. Although stranger things have happened. Billy Sole anyone?

Image a Hot Toys Arwen & proper-scale Frodo on horseback. :arwen

I know completing the Fellowship is nice. But Pippin and Merry are a bit dull. Gimli, Elrond and Eowyn would add some nice variation, colour, etc.

Back