"IF" Hot Toys did LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the recent announcement of Hot Toys getting the Raiders Of The Lost Ark license and possibly Star Wars, anyone think there would be a possibility of Hot Toys trying LOTR? All of the movies were megamillion box office smashes with a loyal following. Also, the other lines are ones SST already released. Would you all buy them? Raiders does nothing for me, Star Wars, maybe maybe not, but LOTR would be a dream come true.:pray: I would unload my SST ones in a heartbeat.

I would love for them to do it, BUT......I'm betting we still wouldn't have a complete fellowship because HT has a habit of just doing a couple from a line.

The fact that Hot Toys would likely not make a complete line for LOTR would be a given going into any buying experience, at least for me. An Aragorn from Hot Toys would be amazing, and would be a fine stand alone figure. I would be bummed if they made Aragorn, Legolas and someone out of left field, like Wormtongue, but if they only made a handful of heroes, I would be fine with that. The quality with Hot Toys is just that good.

Other manufacturers (cough*Sideshow*cough) make claims and suggestions that a line will be broader than it ever might truly be, and that is when disappointment sets in.

True, they do try, and I don't fault them for that. I guess I would have more respect for manufacturers that are more straightforward when a line fizzles, instead of non-committal responses or snarky remarks about the lack of customer support. If a line is closed down by a manufacturer, I would imagine that they would engender a lot more good will if they stated that the economy/sales of the line didn't support continued production, and if market research shows that to change, they might reconsider down the line.

:goodpost:

Anyways, who knows. Maybe when The Hobbit comes out.

Id be up for (and would buy) HT versions of
Gandalf the Grey
Aragorn
Legolas
Gimli
Frodo
Gollum
Nazgul
Lurts

If HT did any of these I would be ecstatic.

Will HT get the LOTR license? Who knows. But I wouldnt put it past them. I remember being told they would never (NEVER) get the Terminator license, or Indiana Jones OR Star Wars and here it looks like we will be getting HT versions from ALL those licenses.

Fact in point: People will talk and its all out their asses. No body knows for sure, so I take everything I read from people online with a grain of salt.

I'd have to buy them if they did them. I wanted to buy the Sideshow figures, but the sculpting was not so great. I do have Gandalf, though, because he's my favorite LOTR character.

DX Gandalf the Grey/ White. That would be amazing. Along with the full fellowship, a handful of hobbits, Gollum, Saruman, Wormtongue, and the Nazgul. My wallet screams with horror at the prospect. :)

Another HT thread, great. We should change the name of this forum to Hot Show or SideToys or something like that.

On a side note, I'd love Hot Toys making LOTR :D

Hot Toys to produce LOTR gets my vote for sure :yess:.

They produce some of the best likenesses ever :clap.

Great likenesses...that's what I like.

Bill

Man lol I was just thinking about this yesterday. What I wouldnt do for a HT Lurtz figure. Two head sculpts, bow, sword,arrows and that amazing costume. Man o man that would be my favorite figure ever. I hope HT decides to do LOTR one day because I would absolutely love to have a Lurtz figure.

Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas would be instant purchases, probably both Gandalfs too. Also I would be down for Boromir, Eomer, Faramir. It would be great.

Man, all they'd need to do is a Bilbo, Thorin and Gandalf from the Hobbit and I'd be happy.

Throw in a DX Grey/White Gandalf, DX Strider/Aragorn and Frodo from LOTR and I'd have all I'd ever need... though I would most definitely get Legolas, Gimli, and Sam at least if they made them as well... If they ever tackled bad guys like Saruman, the Witch King and Gollum they'd be must-haves as well.

Lurtz wasn't even in the book, no need for him (but I'd buy it anyway).

Wouldnt buy a single one until they released at LEAST the who fellowship. Not getting screwed again. ____in SS

If Hot Toys somehow acquired the license and made some 1/6 figures I doubt I could pass on Boromir, Gimli and Strider.

This might sound crazy but at $150 dollars a figure (if these were somehow ever made) I'd buy each figure to make the Fellowship.

Imagine how majestic that would be, all 9 figures in a nice glass case in a display or entertainment room.

image002.jpg

Still, that would be a huge kick in the nuts for Sideshow collectors. All I have is Boromir, but if I had all the ones to date and Hot Toys remade them all while all Sideshow had to do was make Gimli, Merry and Pippin, I'd be pretty upset too.

I would still buy HT versions though. :monkey3

I will say its gonna be pretty damn hard if this ever happened for HT to top the amazing work Tim Miller did on Frodo, Sam, and GTG.

This would be a good line for HT to pick up where SS left off and not start over

This would be a good line for HT to pick up where SS left off and not start over

Anything is possible I suppose. I would wager a guess that if HT did pick up the license they'd re-visit characters that were previously done first. So I'd almost guarantee an Aragorn, Legolas, Ganadalf in the first batch. That's just how these companies roll.

Yeah many need a redo anyway. The only ones that want them to pick up where SS left off are the ones that already own them all. I have The Hobbit's and GTG, and would love to put HT ones next to them.

Back