Ideas for a custom Red Dead Redemption figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Marston hat looks incredible Daniel! I definitely want one to go on your excellent John Marston head sculpt! I can't wait to get both of them from you! :clap

Here's a quote from a recent e-mail that I got permission from Daniel to show here for everyone:

"The hat will be extra because it requires a separate mold (says the caster). My caster told me its impossible to mold a head with the hat.
and not to mention, I am spending quite a bit of time sculpting it (almost the same amount of time to sculpt a head, weird huh?)

The head will be $30 and the hat will be an extra $10.
And I guess this option might be better for those who plan on putting a real hat on and don’t want to spend the extra $$ on a hat they won't use?"

finished,
sculpting an accompanying hat made this project an "interesting" one.

It won't be available for ordering on my website until the first of August because, I want to send off the first batch of public pieces first (McClane, etc).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

fit.jpg

hat.jpg

8.jpg

It's PERFECT Daniel! At least in my humble opinion! :) I couldn't have asked for anything better! The fine detailing in the face and the hat giving both of them a "dead on" likeness as to how they look in the game! I look forward to ordering the head and the hat from you as soon as you make them available for ordering!

Thanks again SO much for helping us bring this project to life! Guys like you and Steve at Stevostoys have REALLY brought it to a reality for all of us fans of the Red Dead Redemption game, and our hero John Marston!

Thanks again Daniel! :wave

Outstanding Daniel!! :bow Looks perfect to me too. :D I'm as happy as a pig in mud right now. :lol

I'll definitely be ordering both the head and hat from you. :)

Thanks so much for making this for us! :duff

Wow, so great to see hat and head together!

But if you don't mind, I'd like to give some constructive criticism?

there's something that's bothering me about the hat, the shape and how high it sits on the head. Consider these comparison pics:

marstoncomp2.jpg

marstoncomp3.jpg

marstoncomp.jpg

Could it be the top part of the hat is a bit too big/high? or that hat should sit lower on the head?

Hope it's useful to you, Daniel :wave

Looks good Danimal, I like how you square off the top. Although is there a way for the brim to hang a little lower in the front? And I think the hat rides just a little high. Overall I am blown away at the quality of the sculpt. Great work man! :duff

Looks good Danimal, I like how you square off the top. Although is there a way for the brim to hang a little lower in the front? And I think the hat rides just a little high. Overall I am blown away at the quality of the sculpt. Great work man! :duff

:lecture Yes, I agree. If it would be possible this suggestion might improve the look a lot

I agree, try to get the hat to sit a little lower. Man, that face sculpt is amazing! Dead on! (or should I say Red Dead on?)

The hat looks like it's sitting fine, it's the brim that could hang a little lower. :)

Are you sure? Maybe its the shadow on the sculpt but the hat looks a little higher than the pics from the game posted on the second to last page. Agree about the brim though.

Yeah, but Dan has since revised the top of the hat. But looking at it now and paying attention to the space above the ears, it does look like it's sitting a little high.

i made the front brim come down lower but that'll be the last edit for the hat. :slap

it is startin to crack and dried sculpey is very brittle so if it breaks,:dunno
good learning experience with sculpting hats but prob never again haha.

3.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

hat4.jpg

eventually if you get the hat, you can cut the peg off and sand it down even more if you want the hat to fit lower but I would rather that be an option than it being too low

Looks pretty damn perfect now. And that part about the peg was what I was thinking too. Better to be able to adjusts it to one own preference. Great job Daniel! And fast!

i made the front brim come down lower but that'll be the last edit for the hat. :slap

3.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

hat4.jpg

eventually if you get the hat, you can cut the peg off and sand it down even more if you want the hat to fit lower but I would rather that be an option than it being too low

8.jpg

Awesome, looks a lot better. Thanks again for being so cool about constructive criticism. This looks perfect IMO.

Thanks Daniel! Sorry to hear that hat was such a nightmare. :duff

Yeah, sorry it was a pain in the ass Danimal. Thanks again! :rock

Last edited:
Back