Ideas for a custom Red Dead Redemption figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RDR John Marston is ready to order:
https://stevostoys.com/OTHER_ERA_HOLLYWOOD.htm
Bottom of the page, as well as the hat.

I offer a sizing option, measure your figures waist and head if applicable, when you order just use the drop menu to select sizes..

The hat is $18.50
The Gun belt is $40
The Rifle boot $20
The Bandolier is $35
Guns are sold seperatly, so you can choose which ever rifle pistol combo you choose from my rifle and pistol pages....

The combo rig with gunbelt, bandolier and rifle boot is $90, saving $5.
Thanks!

They are on his website. I think the full kit (without guns) was around $90. The bandolier was $35.

Thanks Jen. I'm at work and want to order this, but have no figure to measure. What's the waist size of a Dragon Neo3 body? Thanks. Sweet setup Steve!

Hi all,

I also want to order this rig and a few others. What size to order? Does it differ that much on body, I am thinking between the 5 1/2" - 6" or the 6" - 6 1/2"? For those who have ordered for their figures, what is usually the size. I am thinking a Dragon Body or TT body. Please let me know, thanks!

sneak.jpg

sneak2.jpg

sneak3.jpg

ok.... now the hat. oh *&@ :monkey2the hat haha.
The hat will be a separate piece from the head because this is necessary for casting.
So there will be key/peg for the hat to fit. It will cost extra but I will allow for those who are using stevoshat to just buy the head without the hat for the normal head price. The head will be flat but it's be covered by the hat anyways

mouth shape ok, or more frown?:mad:

also, the strands of hair he has in his face will be EXTREMELY hard to sculpt in 1:6 scale, let alone CAST and mold.

I'm wondering what to do about those. Would you guys be able to find mohair and stick it on yourselves or would rather have it be a thicker strands of hair that attached to the hat/head. The extra casting for that might bump the price another $2-3.

also, should the scars on his face be INDENTS? or RAISED scars?
Right now they are just indents in the skin.

Last edited:
The rig, bandolier, and gun boot all look GREAT Steve! :yess: Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication on this project for us! :wave

I hope to be able to order the entire rig soon from you Steve! I may also get the hat, even though sunohc's head sculpt will come with the permanently "fixed" hat on the head.

Wow...Daniel! The John Marston head looks...AWESOME! Oh man two BIG updates in the same night! One from you, and from Steve!

Sunohc I think that the scars should stay indented, not raised. The big scars on his face always have looked like they came from a big animal that had slashed his face with its claws, or a knife that cut his face. So in my opinion the scars should be indented...not raised. As for Marston's mouth, it looks fine to me! To me he shows a bit of experienced confidence with a slight smile on his face. A little like Harrison Ford. Not a huge "smirk" but a quiet, closed-mouth smile (almost) that shows he knows how to handle himself in tough situations. As for the strands of hair. They're a cool extra, but to me, not that important. If it's too difficult to do them, then I wouldn't bother. Or, do the thicker hair strands you mentioned across his face. But then, I think that may make it difficult to paint his face. So, in my opinion, I would make the thicker hair strands across his face, or just not do them at all. I hope you're able to make the hat without any trouble Daniel. I know Steve has already made the hat, but I am also looking forward to seeing your hat on your Marston head sculpt.

Everything looks OUTSTANDING! I can't wait to get the gun rig from Steve, and the head sculpt from Daniel!

Last edited:
Damn you are fast worker Sunohc! That's looking great! I think the scars should be indents not raised and perhaps a little more of a scowl on his face. :dunno

I'm curious what extra thicker strands on the hat will look like. If it looks better than mohair I would be willing to pay a few bucks extra.

I'm only one person piping in, so I'll let the majority decide...but that is really looking awesome! :D

Looks Awesome Daniel! I believe the scars are raised, like the scar on the orignal G.I. Joe. As fsr as the hair strand on the face, I could live without them. But that's just my vote, lol. That sculpt looks so good I'll never miss them.

Red-Dead-Redemption-new-11-1.jpg

Red-Dead-Redemption-new-12-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would fill in the scars just a smidge and add a bit more hair flared out around the sides. Other than that he looks awesome. I am stoked.

I would fill in the scars just a smidge and add a bit more hair flared out around the sides. Other than that he looks awesome. I am stoked.

the tricky thing about the flared hair is I can't sculpt anything too thin because it wont make it to the caster in one piece and it won't be castable. I think much of the flared hair will have to be customized with mohair afterwords, but still working on the strands

I like the idea of adding the mohair to the sculpt after it's been cast. Can you do that Daniel? Add the mohair for us? I think you said it would cost about $2 or $3 more for the sculpt if you did. But if the mohair thing can't be done that's fine too. I really wouldn't miss the strands of hair across his face that much at all. I still think his scars are indented. Just my opinion. :)

By the way I measured my HT TrueType body I am using for my John Marston, and around its waist it is 6 1/2".

Last edited:
Just my .02 cents and a little info for some of you.Toylion it was Paul Data and he has been out of the hobby or off the boards now for a couple of years due to health issues.Paul moved to Arizona IIRC from NYC a couple of years ago because of his health.Last board I know of he was active on was fantasy.net on yuku.If you guys are still looking for dusters there is a board member named Hondo on OSW who makes custom dusters and gun rigs.Jimmy could also probably make the ponchos as well.He's a great guy to deal with too.As for the marks on Marstons face they look like recent wounds not scars and are indented not raised.Scars tend to be a lighter color than the rest of the skin due to not tanning.Daniel that sculpt looks great and I'd have been interested if the hat wasn't sculpted on and it was a full headsculpt.Just my opinion but I hate sculpted on hats.If you guys can find them Powerteam did an articulated horse a couple years ago and then there is DML's Blitz for more horse options.Goodstufftogo carries a lot of western items and battlegeartoys makes and sells a lot of them also.As far as the Mauser if you can find it yellow sub (I think) made a really detailed one complete with stock/holster.DML has also made some decent ones.Hope the info is helpful and anything else is just my opinion.

You know, it depends on how you look at those scars, they keep changing because of the shadows. Just like this Optical Illusion. So either way is fine with me.

inorout.gif

I like the idea of adding the mohair to the sculpt after it's been cast. Can you do that Daniel? Add the mohair for us? I think you said it would cost about $2 or $3 more for the sculpt if you did. But if the mohair thing can't be done that's fine too. I really wouldn't miss the strands of hair across his face that much at all. I still think his scars are indented. Just my opinion. :)

By the way I measured my HT TrueType body I am using for my John Marston, and around its waist it is 6 1/2".

I won't be able to add the mohair to the casts because
I'm actually going to be out of the country (in mexico!) when these are shipping out and such, my housemate back in CALI will be the one shipping these out (hey it's faster shippin than hawaii at least).

I'll see if I can get some thick wax strands (about the thickness of the obi-wan braids I did) and maybe those can be cast in flexible resin? but then again, some might still just prefer the mohair.

StarrDogg,
thanks for those resources!
regarding the sculpted hat vs non-sculpted hat.
I read multiple times across the boards that non-sculpted hats eventually look too big or not right unless the hair is incredibly matted down or smaller.
I really like stevostoy's hat though, and I guess you could just plop that on this sculpt and it'd cover the non-existent head :lol
it was the first time I sculpted a head without a brain :cuckoo:

Is that 6 1/2" at the waist or the hips Mike. I want it to hang a little below his waist. Thanks for the info StarrDogg, use to se Pauls wok on the board all the time. Hope he's doing better.

Sculpt looks great, Daniel, absolutely great! Instantly recognizable. Mouth is good too. Scars are indented IMO, so you're good there as well. No problem for the mohair for me, I think most of us will be able to easily add them ourselves... :hi5:

Jeeeeezus Daniel...the sculpt looks phenomenal. Everything you turn out is quality, and you've been making quite a few 1/6 dreams come true lately! I'm bummed we wont see any new stuff from you for a while.

My wallet on the other hand...:lol All it takes for me to start a bash is a great sculpt, and since you deliver every time...:panic:

Knives and sheaths... can someone do soem screen grabs of his knives and sheaths? I found this, https://www.imfdb.org/images/7/76/Redeadcarcano12.jpg and this https://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/53/Colt_New_Service_Colt_1892_RDR.jpg/600px- but cant tell exactly what I am looking at...
looks like 2 knives,. one may be a small camp knife, the other a huge stag handle bowie contained in a little loop that may be over the belt OR may be over the shoulder on a strap... can anyone else see this? Email me [email protected] if you have any answers, post here too, but please email me, I miss a lot of posts here because there are so many to wade through... THANKS!

Back