Ideas for a custom Red Dead Redemption figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Vicious

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm so excited to start playing the upcoming game Red Dead Redemption soon, and love the look of the lead character John Marston.

red3.jpg

red7.jpg

red10.jpg

red4.jpg

I'm thinking of starting a Marston bash, but was wondering if anyone had good ideas what to use? or maybe if other people have a similar interest we could all share our part finds here? :D

Hi, mate!!! I think that i would make some figures if i had a good horses for them...

I like the look of him on the cover of the game. The white shirt, suit vest, bullet belt and slicked hair.

I really want to make my own custom John Marston now too! After playing the game since its release day, I really like his character! Here's one idea I have for the body and head for him. If anything it's a good base figure, and could be possibly repainted to look more like him...

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Figure_Toys_City_CIA_w_Boots_and_Feet_p/tcl0187-t478.htm

The other figure I'm thinking about getting for him is a new Hot Toys True Type figure with longer hair. The hair looks to be about as long as Marston's. Here's a link to it at Sideshow's site. It's on pre-order now for a third quarter 2010 release:

They call it the "Caucasian Narrow Shoulder Version 2" figure...

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900958&ref=search0109

Honestly I think it's a better "base" figure since his face doesn't have any of the scars on it like Marston. Then you could add them in later with a repaint of the head.

What do you guys think? :dunno

I've looked around a little for weapons and western outfits. Anyone else find any at other 1/6 scale figure websites that have gear that looks like John Marston's basic gunfighter outfit you start with in the game? Please let me know here. Thanks! :wave

Last edited:
I would also love to start making a John but I think I might just start making a custom cowboy gunslinger. I might also be trying to make this guy. probably a Bonnie too.
rdr_marshal.jpg

Yeah, the Marshall is pretty cool. I like Bonnie McFarlane. They shouldn't be that hard to make. But, I want to make a custom John Marston first. I'll try to get him as close as I can to how he looks in the game. :)

Newline miniatures has some good 1/6 cowboys stuff. might be a good start.

I was thinking about starting a John Marsten the other day! Like all my bashes though, it starts with a good sculpt.

I just saw a message from "sunohc" about the possibility of him making a custom John Marston head sculpt. I'm asking him in the Red Dead Redemption game thread here about it:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2566307#post2566307

Hopefully he will be able to do it for us! If you haven't seen his incredible casting work check out his website through his signature image! I love his work! :) Wow! If he did the head sculpt for us it would be SO great! Who else would buy a head sculpt from him of John Marston? Please let me know here. If we get enough people hopefully he will do one for us. Let's start a list here now of interested board members. I'll sign it first:

1.) JediMike71

Back