Ideas for a custom Red Dead Redemption figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunohc I think that the scars should stay indented, not raised. The big scars on his face always have looked like they came from a big animal that had slashed his face with its claws, or a knife that cut his face. So in my opinion the scars should be indented...not raised.

That is what I have always thought too.

I like the hat from Stevostoys - but I think I'm going to stick with the sculpted hat, myself. And as others have said, if it's going to be difficult to do the thicker strands of hair around his face, I don't think it will really matter much. It's going to look great either way. :duff

6 inches or so is a safe bet, but it will take a while to get to it, so if you order and then find out that it will be bigger or smaller once you get the figure, you cna always email me and change the size...

Daniel,no problem on the resources for gear always happy to help out.If it was just the fact that I don't like sculpted hats doing it that way would be fine though I'd probably just make my own hat.Thing is I would probably display him without a hat at some point and without a full head that isn't possible.Like I said just me and my personal tastes.The sculpt itself is great and I love your work.I've seen a lot of it since you joined OSW(I've been a member there for a long time).Laughinggravy 2 did a great tutorial on making western hats and IIRC Tony Barton may have done one too.
Toylion,not sure how Paul's doing but I too hope he's in better health.I know his illness had to do with his lungs or respiratory system andhe had to move to a drier climate. I always liked his work it was unique and very well done.I'll see if one of the mods from fantasy.net is still in touch with him I think Graeylin might be.
If anyone needs Hondo's email addy I think I might have it or I can get it from him.He does some great work on the dusters and isn't very expensive.Plus like I said Jimmy can probably do ponchos and other western themed items.He has done a lot of western figs on OSW and they are always a pleasure to check out.

Found some really nice art pics of Marston, thought I'd post them here :wink1:

marston.jpg

reddeadd-.jpg

reddeaddd.jpg

reddeaddd-.jpg

The headsculpt looks wonderful! I was going to go for a variation on Marstens outfit but after more thought I am going with the original outfit.

Awesome work Steve-O and Sunohc!!!

Not a figure I'm building, but very impressed by the level of work being put into it :rock

I just measured my standard body TrueType figure's waist that I am using for my John Marston custom, and it was 6 1/2 inches. If that is the measurement you were looking for. Steve from Stevostoys said to measure the waist on your figure to determine the size of the Marston gun rig to order from him. I hope this helps you out! :wave

Is that 6 1/2" at the waist or the hips Mike. I want it to hang a little below his waist. Thanks for the info StarrDogg, use to se Pauls wok on the board all the time. Hope he's doing better.

I measured my TT body at the waist just above the belt and it was 6 1/2 inches. Not around the hips. I just measured my figure again at the waist and it was 6 3/4 inches. I think in Steve's sizing chart for the gun rig there's a size that is 6 1/2 inches to 7 inches. I will choose that one. Because like you Leo, I want my Marston's gun belt to hang low under his regular belt on his pants. I want to try and get my Marston outfit as accurate as possible.

sneakhat.jpg

sneakhat2.jpg

final fitting tomorrow, and pics as well.
jeez I've spent too much time on that hat haha.
I don't think I'll ever sculpt one again...:gah:

The silver button-holes on the hat don't look the best but it's very difficult at this scale with super sculpey. I exaggerated them so they'll be easier to paint and show up better as well.

the hat will have a peg and key-hole which will help you with fitting.:clap
but if you don't like the fitting, you can just drill/cut/snap that peg off and fit it around yourself :)

the fitting was difficult because I didn't want to OVER-do either the head or the hat and break pieces...

Now that my friend is a work of Art! :yess:

sneakhat.jpg

sneakhat2.jpg

final fitting tomorrow, and pics as well.
jeez I've spent too much time on that hat haha.
I don't think I'll ever sculpt one again...:gah:

The silver button-holes on the hat don't look the best but it's very difficult at this scale with super sculpey. I exaggerated them so they'll be easier to paint and show up better as well.

the hat will have a peg and key-hole which will help you with fitting.:clap
but if you don't like the fitting, you can just drill/cut/snap that peg off and fit it around yourself :)

the fitting was difficult because I didn't want to OVER-do either the head or the hat and break pieces...

Back