Ideal HT True Type Body for Endor Commando Custom?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man! :)

As far as dunking the old head / neck in boiling water, it would've been near impossible without completely soaking the clothes - because the turtle neck goes up way past the joint.. so it would've been a struggle at best - but how did you do it?? Luckily, if I want to use the old body for another custom, the new HT body came with the older style neck joint, so all isn't lost.

Regarding the boots, I just didn't want to put them wet onto the feet (can't really get anything inside them to dry them out first), although I'm sure the water would evaporate soon enough. :lol

I'll give it a go though - cheers! :hi5:

Yeah, that's what I figured. I slid the boots on wet and hoped the water evaporated..... someday. :monkey3

:lol

Watered the boots? Use a Blow Dryer, it makes the same heat in seconds. And long as it's still hot after being blown it'll slip on just perfectly. That's how I put Obi-Wan's boots back on. Though to each his own.

Watered the boots? Use a Blow Dryer, it makes the same heat in seconds. And long as it's still hot after being blown it'll slip on just perfectly. That's how I put Obi-Wan's boots back on. Though to each his own.

I always find it best to use your Darth Vader Hairdryer in these situations!

darth-vader-hair-dryer.jpg

Yeah, that is awesome! :lol

Looks like I might have to invest in a cheap little hair dryer then. I'm sure it'll come in handy for a lot of these kinds of procedures in future.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far guys - appreciated! :duff

Another option for the feet is to remove the pin that connects the "toes" section with the base of the foot. You can heat up the feet in boiling water (as indicated above) to make them more malleable. You should be able to push the pin out with some narrow tweezers.

I use cloth boots for my custom Endor troopers:
EndorRebelNeo3v23.jpg

EndorRebelNeo3v21.jpg

I picked those boots up on eBay a couple of years ago. JusticeFighters.com have some similar boots (WW2 German DAK short boots) that would work well. I think they are listed under the BBi loose parts section.

Thanks man - your troops look fantastic btw!! :clap

Those boots are great too, & I did actually think about removing the toes form the feet.. but I'll try heating the SSC boots & see how I go with that first.

Hey folks - sorry about the delay with an update! :monkey3

Anyway, I've not done much with my figure since the last post - except for putting the rest of the outfit onto him.. bar the boots. I don't want to use the SSC ones now to be honest. I'm gonna try & find some better looking / quality 1/6 combat boots that fit the HT feet, on eBay or something.

Also, the headgear won't fit the head.. doesn't matter. I might source a different head for him too at some stage, but I do like this one. I also like how he looks holding the helmet anyway, & using his wrist communicator at the same time. :)

Here's some before / after pics:

401817020.jpg
401817028.jpg
401817048.jpg
401817038.jpg

It's still a work in progress.. :dunno :lol

Thought I'd use this thread & not create another one for nothing..

Firstly - thanks for all the help so far folks - appreciated! :rock

Now.. I'd love to get a quick answer on this next dilemna if possible. Here's a pic:

403099994.jpg

My question relates to the neck plug spring thing in the cavity there. Ages ago when I swapped the bodies of my Endor guy, I handled taking the SSC head off it's body less than well. I destroyed the neck adapter (no biggie), but the head is fine.

Thing is, I'm not sure if the plug thing in the neck cavity of the SSC body (above) is broken now or not. Nothing there looks broken, but the spring thingy is stiff, I think that washer is the problem - you can lift that washer up though. Should it go back inside the cavity? I don't think it's supposed to.. I'm actually amazed at how sturdy the old SSC 'Buck' bodies are to be honest - they feel way more solid than a HT TT! :lecture

Any help here would be great.. cheers guys. :peace

Really??? :dunno :monkey2

I think I'll hang onto it regardless - I'm sure there's a custom I can do down the road where I can use it for something. It's perfect from the collar bone down. :lol Cheers Flosi..

Is there a pic someone can please show me, of what it's supposed to look like w/o a head, in normal condition?

Last edited:
Hey guys, just bumping my thread to ask y'all a question, & it'd be great if you guys could help me out..

I'm thinking of getting a pair of the HT Rescue Cap boots & pants mud guard things for my Endor trooper custom here.

The body I've got the SSC gear on, is a HT TTM-18.

Will the Rescue Cap boots fit straight onto the TTM 18's ankles / feet easy enough?

Cheers in advance people. :duff

Folks?

Anybody please have tips on the recuse Cap boots etc?

To answer your question, I believe they will. If I could make a suggestion, you could go w/ a cheaper alternative to Cap's boots. Here's an example of the M1938 Gaiters:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Leggings_Dragon_US_WWII_M1938_Dismounted_p/d4162-o489.htm

You can also buy functional, "leather", ankle-cut boots, that add a touch more realism to a figure, and TTM18 feet will fit just fine. Except Soldier Story boots, those are a lil' too small. Made that mistake before. :lol Anyhow, here's another link for footwear:

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Loose_Footwear_s/62.htm

Hope this helps.

Back