Ideal HT True Type Body for Endor Commando Custom?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VintijDroidGutzz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi there folks,

I want to buy a Hot Toys True-Type body to swap the outfit / hands of my SSC Endor Commando Sergeant figure onto, & I'm still not sure which one is really ideal. I've tried to do some digging through this section - as well as the 'show us your troops' section & just investigated on the net generally, regarding the best HT body to use, & I was thinking maybe the narrow TT?

Have any of you good folk done this with yours? Any recommendations? I definitely want a HT body, & not any of the other brands. Anyway, thanks so much in advance for any advice / input / info guys! :peace

For the Endor Rebels I'd use:

Caucasian-Male-TTM16-review-1.jpg

https://www.figuredetails.com/caucasian-male-truetype-body-hot-toys-p-32.html

or:

Hot+Toys+-+TTM-10+-+1_6+Scale+Truetype+Figure+-+African+American+Slim+Ver_.jpg

or:

1622.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-AFRI...ltDomain_0&hash=item53de1b05fa#ht_3955wt_1397

Here is my Rebel Commando custom:
attachment.php

I forget what body I used but I do remember I wanted a black commando like the ones in the film, without any modern facial hair or anything. Most of the actors were clean shaven, I believe, so I wanted to copy that. I remember I bought my figure off eBay and used an extra Sideshow Rebel's outfit. Have fun with yours! Please post here once you are done.

Last edited:
Considering its a fully clothed figure I would go with the most affordable TT you can find which would probably be a standard narrow shoulder version. The one with Taylor Kitsch's likeness or the smaller brother from Prison Break. Otherwise pretty much any of the ones that come with precostumed figures like Two Face or Joker.

No need to find one that has muscles or anything.

Beyond that, you could also upgrade them to SSC's newer body which isn't horrible.

Personally, I don't think the one they came on is that bad for those characters. Its not like you need to put them in ninja poses.

Wow, thanks again for all the information guys - much appreciated! :hi5:

Brinn 71 - the TTM 10 looks like a great one - although like you, I'd prefer a beardless face. He could be a possibility for me though. However, I probably wouldn't go for the TTM 16 or the Triad one. Great troop set up btw mate! :)

ProgMatinee - if this is the guy you mean:

400479868.jpg

.. Yes! I was considering this very figure body to use. I just wasn't sure if the size was right, but it looked good to me.

UltraMarknus - thanks for the confirmation! Looks like I was pointed in the right direction to begin with.

I'll keep you guys posted on how I go for sure!

Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and THANKS! Glad you like my set up. :)

Well, I tried to find some screen shots and here are a couple. Seems you can go with an African American man with a beard and/or mustache if you want according to:

rejoin02.jpg

briefing05.jpg

striketeam.jpg

I think mine is on a Triad. Give it a try. The SS hands fit nicely into the wrist pegs and it is very poseable like a TT.

Last edited:
Thanks again Brinn 71!

Just in regards to swapping the SSC hands onto the HT forearms, are they completely compatible, or is there a bit of customizing to do to get a proper fit?

I always thought the Hot Toys Apollo Creed head would be a good stand in for that guy. Too bad they're hard to find.

Just a quick update guys - I bought a new HT TTM 18 figure for a great price a couple of days ago on eBay, & it should be arriving soon.

I can't wait to do the before & after pics!! :yess:

Well, my TTM 18 figure arrived a couple days ago, & I've only just had time to open it up & inspect it for breakages etc. All looks good - except, when testing the right knee joint, as I bent the lower leg back.. it decided to unplug itself from the upper leg. :slap

It's not broken, it just doesn't plug into the socket as tight as I would expect it to, so when the knee is bent, it wants to come out. Is this a common thing with HT TT bodies, or am I just a lucky guy? :monkey1 :lol

Great figure body though - awesome head sculpt too! I promise I will get the figure outfitted & photographed asap guys! :hi5:

Flosi - Yeah it does, but I think the little two pronged wedge at the end of the knee peg needs to be widened a little so when I re-insert it into the knee cavity, it'll grab a bit better & not want to come out as easily. Does that make sense?

Brinn 71 - thanks for the quick advice mate! Maybe I'll wrap some tape around it, yeah..

Ok folks - latest update..

It's been fun so far, but I've had a few snags along the way. While removing the outfit from the SSC body, I completely destroyed the old style neck joint that plugs into the head & body. No biggie - head's fine, & so is the body, but it took me a while to wrench & scrape the broken bits of plastic out of the head! :lol

Next - I was doing well, I got the whole outfit off the old body, & was very pleasantly surprised that the hands just popped off the old arms, & popped right onto the Ht arms - awesome! All was looking great - the new figure was taking shape, till I got to the boots.. THE FEET ARE TOO BIG! :gah:

If I was game, I could try force the boots on, but I'll just break the ankle joints, & they feel like they won't go on properly anyway.

This is what he looks like now:

400748294.jpg

Another thing I discovered, is that the HT head's ears stick out way more than the SSC head, which was sculpted to wear the helmet. Again, not a biggie.. I can work around that.

So.. what do you guys suggest?? Do I just look for some smaller compatible feet on eBay, that's all I can do I guess.. :dunno

SHOOT! For the heads removal you should have boiled water, immersed the head in it for about a minute, and it would have popped off easily. For the boots I think I had the same problem, so I did the same thing. I boiled water, put the boots in for about 30 seconds to a minute, then I wedged them on the feet. No problem! ;)

GOOD LUCK!

Looks great by the way! :hi5:

Back