Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This and Angel I'm snagging...I am going to focus on 1/4 but these pieces are TOO amazing for me to pass up. Well at least I can say for sure Angel IMO, loved the SDCC impressions of him.

Good man Mjolnir! :wave

Maybe we can get the original X-men in 1/5 comiquette form. Angel and Iceman already confirmed. Cyclops is rumored for comiquette form. Jean Grey? She would look sweet in her Marvel Girl green costume. The only one that doesn't fit costume-wise is Beast, since they used a modern uniform for his comiquette. :gah:

I really hope this Iceman is 1/4 scale. :lol

Forget icecream, I would love to see Jean Grey in comiquette 1/5...:monkey1:monkey1:monkey1
I wonder who would switch ship. LOL, k I'll stop adding fuel to the fire now.

Good man Mjolnir! :wave

Maybe we can get the original X-men in 1/5 comiquette form. Angel and Iceman already confirmed. Cyclops is rumored for comiquette form. Jean Grey? She would look sweet in her Marvel Girl green costume. The only one that doesn't fit costume-wise is Beast, since they used a modern uniform for his comiquette. :gah:

I really hope this Iceman is 1/4 scale. :lol

Agreed...JEAN GREY please please please :pray:

.... funny. dont want to make arrogant claims, but yeah... a lot of you will be eating your words. A LOT of great stuff coming. *walks away whistling*
So you went to the meet and greet and you got the scoop that alot of 1/5th are coming and you saw the 1/5th Iceman comiquette. Congrats. I am sure it was alot of fun.

I don't see how I will be eating my words on that I have never said that some of the 1/5th don't look great; it was hard to pass on the Angel comiquette at the time, but I am really glad I did. I just personally won't buy that scale because (my opinion) it looks like crap displayed next to 1/4th. The fact that most of them are still sitting available at Sideshow and the poll that I linked earlier shows that I am not the only person who thinks that way.

Honestly, other than a modern Hulk, Jean Grey (classic Phoenix or Jim Lee), and a few other X-Men characters, it is pretty easy to pass on 1/5th characters even if I would buy the statue in 1/4th. I figure if Sideshow wants to push 1/5th and not want my business, I am sure Hot Toys does.

Maybe 1/5th was a way for Sideshow to start catering to fans just getting into statues.

Forget icecream, I would love to see Jean Grey in comiquette 1/5...
I wonder who would switch ship. LOL, k I'll stop adding fuel to the fire now.
Jean Grey (classic Phoenix or Jim Lee) is by far my #1 want right now and if Sideshow released either of those in 1/5th it would be a huge FU to collectors who have collected Sideshow's Marvel line since it first started. There already is the AH! Black Queen 1/5th and to make Jean Grey in 1/5th when Cyclops is 1/4th would add insult to injury. If they do that, you're right; I would probably switch ship and cut back on my Sideshow purchases even more.

If they want to do one of her 'alternate' costumes in 1/5th, go for it, but too many fans want classic Phoenix or Jim Lee in 1/4th.

Last edited:
So the scoop was the 1/5 Iceman that was already been shown at the back of the calendar?
Pretty sure that is what he was referring to since he has seen it. I am sure he knows more than that, but everyone attending the meet & greet agreed to not discuss any of it. I am sure the 1/5th Iceman looked amazing; doesn't mean I will be interested.

So you went to the meet and greet and you got the scoop that alot of 1/5th are coming and you saw the 1/5th Iceman comiquette. Congrats. I am sure it was alot of fun.

I don't see how I will be eating my words on that I have never said that some of the 1/5th don't look great; it was hard to pass on the Angel comiquette at the time, but I am really glad I did. I just personally won't buy that scale because (my opinion) it looks like crap displayed next to 1/4th. The fact that most of them are still sitting available at Sideshow and the poll that I linked earlier shows that I am not the only person who thinks that way.

Honestly, other than a modern Hulk, Jean Grey (classic Phoenix or Jim Lee), and a few other X-Men characters, it is pretty easy to pass on 1/5th characters even if I would buy the statue in 1/4th. I figure if Sideshow wants to push 1/5th and not want my business, I am sure Hot Toys does.

Maybe 1/5th was a way for Sideshow to start catering to fans just getting into statues.

Jean Grey (classic Phoenix or Jim Lee) is by far my #1 want right now and if Sideshow released either of those in 1/5th it would be a huge FU to collectors who have collected Sideshow's Marvel line since it first started. There already is the AH! Black Queen 1/5th and to make Jean Grey in 1/5th when Cyclops is 1/4th would add insult to injury. If they do that, you're right; I would probably switch ship and cut back on my Sideshow purchases even more.

If they want to do one of her 'alternate' costumes in 1/5th, go for it, but too many fans want classic Phoenix or Jim Lee in 1/4th.

I was responding to Ink's post. I dont even think I read your intial post.:thud:

All I said was, if you limit yourself to one scale... theres gonna be some statues that you'll regret not including in your collection. 1/5th doesnt look bad with 1/4th IMHO... not everything has to be the same cookie cutter image. its a matter of taste, and you cant have an objective opinion on something if you havent seen it in person. For instance the Women of Marvel line gets a lot of backlash, but it triumphs anything Bowen has put out in the past year... and for the same price point. I'd much rather give Sideshow my money..

Last edited:
This is what i'm being led to believe will happen upon the preview of this comiquette.

Kibishii: damn that looks awesome...
Ink: i know the pose, the paint...
Fuzzy: ...the sculpt, everything is perfect.

kibishii: SOLD!
Ink: SOLD!
fuzzy: SOLD!

SSC: Errrr guys it's 1/5 scale, just FYI.

Collected response: PASS, 1/4 or Fail, it looks crap anyway!

(P.S i picked youse guys as you are the most vocal about 1/4 supremecy, and it's all in fun, so relax)

People are more concerned about what scale he is rather than how he looks! LOL :dunno

BB

That is cos I care more about how my collection looks than how this statue does. Regardless how it turns out, it can rot in SS warehouse if it is 1/5.

Am I the only one who would be interested in a human form Iceman like from the 90s show? :lol

People are more concerned about what scale he is rather than how he looks! LOL :dunno

BB

I'm more concerned about how he looks with the rest of the X-men. I seriously considered getting crawler because he may look ok with the X-men. Most of the time they will make the characters I want in 1/4 scale later on anyways.

In the end it's what makes you happy, I just don't want my collection looking like this....

300px-ScaleCarComparison.jpg

I want my collection to look together and fit well to me. If you like that kind of mutiscaled display, with Colossus smaller than Gambit, Cyke or Mystique, people passing or putting something down should not let you be insecure enough to be uneasy about. Everyone's different.

I could say the same for you, if it was a brilliant sculpt but not classic version you won't like it either. Same thing.

I have never ever wrote sold. or even begun to consider buying it before I know the scale so that's your theory out of the window.

This is what i'm being led to believe will happen upon the preview of this comiquette.

Kibishii: damn that looks awesome...
Ink: i know the pose, the paint...
Fuzzy: ...the sculpt, everything is perfect.

kibishii: SOLD!
Ink: SOLD!
fuzzy: SOLD!

SSC: Errrr guys it's 1/5 scale, just FYI.

Collected response: PASS, 1/4 or Fail, it looks crap anyway!

(P.S i picked youse guys as you are the most vocal about 1/4 supremecy, and it's all in fun, so relax)

I want to ask ... is Cloak and Rogue Com 1:4 or 1:5?

Seriously dont hit me .... because I do not read comics .... I do not know how should I interpret them ....

Back