Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..like a constant stream of bullets, and he already has the gun.....

As for scale, I will probably be pretty satisfied if they started pumping out 1/4 scale fully sculpted pieces since I feel they would do well. It's the fact that they stopped putting out 1/4 scale piece to match fully sculpted awesomeness of Spidey/Venom/Carnage Comiquettes that is sad to me.

I currently have my cyclops and rogue on display without their jackets. I do think a fully sculpted 1/4 scale line would be a major hit. Im not really to excited seeing the Colossus PF because I really thought the fabric took away from from the Wolverine PF.

I currently have my cyclops and rogue on display without their jackets. I do think a fully sculpted 1/4 scale line would be a major hit. Im not really to excited seeing the Colossus PF because I really thought the fabric took away from from the Wolverine PF.

That sounds like a great display. Pics in your collection thread? Must have missed it.

I prefer PFs. The cloth on Rogue and Gambit are part of the appeal. PFs are what got me hooked on this as a hobby. Some are better than others as far as cloth application. Colossus would have been better with the red part of his shirt sculpted and the yellow in cloth but SS doesnt seem to piece together costumes that way.

I do think that some characters just don't need cloth, like Cyclops and Iceman. I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual Iceman 1/4 isn't a PF but a comiquette meant to match the PFs, like they did with 1/4 Classic Iron Man and the PF Avengers. No reason not to mix formats across a line since it's been done before. In those cases, scale trumps format. Iron Man still has a 1/5, and it looks like Illyana will be fully sculpted in both sizes as well.

But SS has been doing 1/5 & 1/4 for years, not sure why anyone would be disappointed by this Iceman's scale. It just means they'll do a 1/4 after they get money from the 1/5, just like Wolverine, Rogue, Psylocke and Colossus before him. There are exceptions, but if they did Iceman in 1/4 first, they'd probably have a harder time selling a 1/5 later. It's partly a business decision.

I would much rather people comment on how good or bad a piece looks. Give an opinion on what makes the statue work for you. Point out it's flaws if you don't like something on a sculpt. This is much more constructive than the 1/4 or fail posts.

Even if you don't collect 1/5 pieces, it doesn't kill anyone to say they like the overall sculpt or not. A collectors view on a sculpt is much more informative than a basic 1/4 or fail comment. When peeps talk about the overall sculpt.....I find that to be much more enjoyable reading.
I'm not clear on how one type of complaint is more constructive than another. If you say one type is more enjoyable to read than another, that's one thing--though to my eyes a complaint is a complaint, and it is the issue of harping on it that makes it tedious, not the nature of the complaint. But 9/10 times, Sideshow's not gonna make any notable (and intentional) changes from prototype to production piece. So, complaining that a 1/4 scale PF should be fully sculpted, or complaining about a sculpt, or complaining about the base seems just about equal in its constructive value to complaining about size. Chances of influencing Sideshow's future behavior is probably also about equal (and extremely low) in either case.

This piece was a little bit of a letdown, I remember the teasers had it looking as if the exclusive would be an AoA conversion instead of just hair. Given that the X-Men PFs have been Jim Lee era oriented I'm not sure if we'll see this in that realm. There isn't too much of a huge variance between them, you're more likely to see an Ultimate X-Men version qualify as a PF

Ultimate_X-Men_Vol_1_9_Textless.jpg

of course they could just make it bigger but then I'm sure it'll be a bit of a wait to get it.

I'm not clear on how one type of complaint is more constructive than another. If you say one type is more enjoyable to read than another, that's one thing--though to my eyes a complaint is a complaint, and it is the issue of harping on it that makes it tedious, not the nature of the complaint. But 9/10 times, Sideshow's not gonna make any notable (and intentional) changes from prototype to production piece. So, complaining that a 1/4 scale PF should be fully sculpted, or complaining about a sculpt, or complaining about the base seems just about equal in its constructive value to complaining about size. Chances of influencing Sideshow's future behavior is probably also about equal (and extremely low) in either case.

I don't know kara....complaining about a com being 1/5 scale is about as pointless as complaining about having fabric on a PF. To me it seems to have no purpose.

I hate PFs because of the cloth factor. I pass on almost all PFs because of that. However, what do I contribute to a PF thread if every time I pop in I say "cloth=fail",pass for me? Even though I dislike cloth on my statues, I usually give an overall reason as to why I like/dislike a piece. There is even the rare instance where I actually like a PF and think it looks great. Joker, Black Panther, Gambit, and Skaar are great pieces IMHO.

In the end, I would like to think a fellow collector can add more to a discussion than "fail". It should come as no surprise that a com is going to be 1/5 scale. That is usually the case.

how can this sell out and the Great Ultron PF takes several months to reach "WL sold out" status?

I really cant force myself to put myself down on the waitlist.

The thing that intrigues me about this statue is that its 18" tall..
but it looks really small in pictures. Its something that I have to see in person. Hope its on display at SDCC 2012.

Sideshow knows how the collector's mind works..a fake sellout makes collectors perceive the supposedly "sold out" piece as scarce and therefore much more valuable and will be more likely to scour for and purchase said piece..its simple a simple psychological trick but very effective

Sideshow knows how the collector's mind works..a fake sellout makes collectors perceive the supposedly "sold out" piece as scarce and therefore much more valuable and will be more likely to scour for and purchase said piece..its simple a simple psychological trick but very effective

An idiot can't be born every minute since this took over 200mins to go to waitlist.
But we do only make up 5% of their customer base.

Back