Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky for the rest of us that the 1/5th crowd is so minimal that Sideshow is forced to make an X-MEN STATUE with an ES of 200 because no one is ordering and they continue to lose money on the scale. This will either force them to a) drop the scale and learn their lesson (listen to their larger fan base) or b) keep making 1/5th scale to provide humor for the much larger community. :peace

I get it...a select few like 1/5th scale. However, the much broader fan base was alienated by Sideshow's mixed scale choice. Deny it all you like, but Sideshow has lost quite a bit of money from this choice. I can think of at least 10 statues that I have passed on simply because of scale.

I actually like the Iceman sculpt and think the sculpt lends itself to the interpretation of the character (graceful); especially the EX head. I just refuse to support 1/5th scale. And think about the Cyclops EX head...1/4th scale can save a piece.

So what you are saying is that you do like it but don't want it just because of scale, which is fine as long as your not one of them who troll cos it's not 1/4

You state with no mention of facts that only a select few collect the 1/5 X-Men line, that they are minimal and not as valid as collectors than the pure-bread 1/4 collectors, yet you forget that plenty of 1/4 PF's are still in-stock.

And what's this about them forced to do a low ES anyway, i've read so many complaints about large ES and now when there is one with a low ES you (in general) moan about it :cuckoo:

If you have truly skipped 10 or more statues because of scale then i bet you missed on some great statues.

Last edited:
I understand that you guys don't like 1/5 cos it doesn't match the completely different 1/4 PF format but don't all be so arrogant to forget that other collectors DO enjoy the 1/5 line.

No-one is forcing any of you to praise the statue, but that doesn't give you all the right to waltz into a 1/5 statue thread and complain cos it's not 1/4

The same thing happened in the Collossus Comiquette, many of the same posters continually trolled the thread taking the piss out of it and saying it should've been a 1/4 PF and then when the 1/4 PF was fully shown the same ones complained the hell out of it making the trolling in the comiquette thread all for nothing.

Remember me from the Cyclops Pf thread? No? That's because while it was cool i didn't go for it, and because i didn't troll the thread saying 1/5 or Fail and other crap.

If some of you don't like this statue, state it once and move on, don't ruin the thread with constant 1/4 or fail comments.

For the record as a collector of the 1/5 X-MEN LINE i haven't ordered this as i don't really like the pose.

I would much rather people comment on how good or bad a piece looks. Give an opinion on what makes the statue work for you. Point out it's flaws if you don't like something on a sculpt. This is much more constructive than the 1/4 or fail posts.

Even if you don't collect 1/5 pieces, it doesn't kill anyone to say they like the overall sculpt or not. A collectors view on a sculpt is much more informative than a basic 1/4 or fail comment. When peeps talk about the overall sculpt.....I find that to be much more enjoyable reading.

Sculpt, pose, paint app and size = fail. Lacks visual appeal when a character like iceman has so much potential, could have been great. I'm sure will see him as a pf

Sculpt, pose, paint app and size = fail. Lacks visual appeal when a character like iceman has so much potential, could have been great. I'm sure will see him as a pf

There you go. That's a review I can not only live with, but agree with as well. I just don't think we will see a PF with this character. Iceman doesn't really fit the format very well. That is why I'm shocked that this isn't 1/4 scale. It may very well be the only SSC Iceman we see.

You gents n ladies can complain all you want, SSC will keep various scale and format open. They'll make more money offering various products. 1/5 may not be selling like hotcakes but they do make money. Its' between Bowen and 1/4 scal PF. And Bowen still doing business.

I still do like this Iceman comiquette. But he's just not my char and I am not a big Z-Men collectors.

I wonder why this character is so unpopular, he was in the very first X-Men Team:

6128-2133-6694-1-x-men_super.jpg

Why do so many people see him as an unimportant and uninteresting character?

Image source: https://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/6128-2133-6694-1-x-men_super.jpg

So what you are saying is that you do like it but don't want it just because of scale, which is fine as long as your not one of them who troll "cos it's not 1/4."

You state with no mention of facts that only a select few collect the 1/5 X-Men line, that they are minimal and not as valid as collectors than the pure-bread 1/4 collectors, yet you forget that plenty of 1/4 PF's are still in-stock.

And what's this about them forced to do a low ES anyway, i've read so many complaints about large ES and now when there is one with a low ES you (in general) moan about it.

If you have truly skipped 10 or more statues because of scale then I bet you missed on some great statues.
:1-1:
I didn't intend for it to come across that 1/5th fans are not valid fans because you are. I was just trying to point out that such a small percentage of the statue community actually purchase 1/5th scale that it seems like bad business to keep making 1/5th when it is obvious that 1/5th do not sell as well. Furthermore, Sideshow is obviously losing sales from A LOT of collectors who WOULD have bought it if it was 1/4th...all this has done is piss off fans who have a consistent 1/4th scale collection.

Here are some facts:

*You mention that plenty of 1/4th PFs are in stock, but compare them:
4 Marvel PFs In-Stock (0 exclusives), 14 Marvel comiquettes In Stock (7 exclusives).

*With the NRD and "Edition Size TBD", the ES is entirely based on preorders. So mentioning people complaining about high ES is pointless. If Sideshow gets a lot of preorders, the ES will be higher. Low ES represents very few preorders. You do the math: Sideshow was unable to sell 200 Iceman 1/5th EX comiquettes while they WERE able to sell 500 1/4th Colossus at double the price.

And yes, I did NOT preorder 10 Sideshow statues because they were 1/5th. You may feel like I am missing out on great statues, but I feel like I am not going to support Sideshow's split-scale decision. They lost over $2k worth of sales and I know for a fact that several other collectors are doing the same. Look how fast Sideshow released the Psylocke PF and Colossus PF after the comiquette...I think they are starting to feel the pressure from lost sales.

There you go. That's a review I can not only live with, but agree with as well. I just don't think we will see a PF with this character. Iceman doesn't really fit the format very well. That is why I'm shocked that this isn't 1/4 scale. It may very well be the only SSC Iceman we see.

I know if they made it a pf it would only be a belt I think. Seeing that this release is tanking, I think SSC would like to take another stab at this character and make a proper representation everyone would approve. It's disappointing since iceman is such a cool character which can be made into an awesome collectible when done right

I wonder why this character is so unpopular, he was in the very first X-Men Team:

6128-2133-6694-1-x-men_super.jpg

Why do so many people see him as an unimportant and uninteresting character?

Image source: https://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/6128-2133-6694-1-x-men_super.jpg

I think more people are turned off by the scale than unimportant and/or uninteresting. I have to say the price is a bit high for a comiquette. Spiderman comiquette is exceptional. This one doesn't seem to requires paint or much surface threatment.

I didn't intend for it to come across that 1/5th fans are not valid fans because you are. I was just trying to point out that such a small percentage of the statue community actually purchase 1/5th scale that it seems like bad business to keep making 1/5th when it is obvious that 1/5th do not sell as well. Furthermore, Sideshow is obviously losing sales from A LOT of collectors who WOULD have bought it if it was 1/4th...all this has done is piss off fans who have a consistent 1/4th scale collection.

Here are some facts:

*You mention that plenty of 1/4th PFs are in stock, but compare them:
4 Marvel PFs In-Stock (0 exclusives), 14 Marvel comiquettes In Stock (7 exclusives).

*With the NRD and "Edition Size TBD", the ES is entirely based on preorders. So mentioning people complaining about high ES is pointless. If Sideshow gets a lot of preorders, the ES will be higher. Low ES represents very few preorders. You do the math: Sideshow was unable to sell 200 Iceman 1/5th EX comiquettes while they WERE able to sell 500 1/4th Colossus at double the price.

And yes, I did NOT preorder 10 Sideshow statues because they were 1/5th. You may feel like I am missing out on great statues, but I feel like I am not going to support Sideshow's split-scale decision. They lost over $2k worth of sales and I know for a fact that several other collectors are doing the same. Look how fast Sideshow released the Psylocke PF and Colossus PF after the comiquette...I think they are starting to feel the pressure from lost sales.

:goodpost: :hi5:

Excellent post! You state your case eloquently and back it up with facts. We need more posters like you around here. :clap

Look how fast Sideshow released the Psylocke PF and Colossus PF after the comiquette...I think they are starting to feel the pressure from lost sales.

Kibishii, I share your desire for 1/4 scale pieces for both Coms and PFs. However, I don't understand why you feel there is pressure to release the Psylocke and Colossus PF because of lost sales on the Coms. The Psylocke and Colossus Coms are sold out. Where is the pressure?:dunnoI happen to think the Psylocke Com is far better than the PF IMHO.

SSC released these PFs because they are a part of the Jim Lee line, not because of lost sales on the Coms. SSC commonly releases characters in both formats. It has nothing to do with lost sales.

Kibishii, I share your desire for 1/4 scale pieces for both Coms and PFs. However, I don't understand why you feel there is pressure to release the Psylocke and Colossus PF because of lost sales on the Coms. The Psylocke and Colossus Coms are sold out. Where is the pressure?:dunnoI happen to think the Psylocke Com is far better than the PF IMHO.

SSC released these PFs because they are a part of the Jim Lee line, not because of lost sales on the Coms. SSC commonly releases characters in both formats. It has nothing to do with lost sales.

:goodpost:

I agree! I think the Psylocke com is superior to the PF. From what i can tell I also think the Colossus com will be more enjoyabe than the PF. I am currently collecting both lines. I think that if you dont like the scale, dont get it, dont post about it and dont try proving a point about it. There has been enough collectors who purchased enough 1/5 coms that it is a distinct collection. I think the idea of complaining about 1/5 iceman not matching your 1/4 set is an old argument now.

I have a large collection and rarely display all my statues together where scale is so noticeable. If you dont like the sculpt or asthetics fine, but enough with the scale already. I also dont think the sell out argument is valid, I dont recall SS making alot of 1/4 scale marvel PF's the last year to two years. Seems like two a year at best. they have been cranking out com. in all the different genres now.

maybe cause all he's got for weapons is snowballs :dunno
Man, if you pack snow enough, it can hurt and if they are thirsty after a big fight, you know how tricky that yellow snow can be. :wink1:

You may be right. I was trying to point out how it was odd that the Psylocke PF and Colossus PFs were both released very shortly after the comiquettes. I don't think Sideshow has EVER released a comiquette of a character just to immediately follow it up with the PF as soon as the comiquette ships.

From what i can tell I also think the Colossus com will be more enjoyabe than the PF...
1246797_o.gif

I think that if you dont like the scale, dont get it, dont post about it and dont try proving a point about it...If you dont like the sculpt or asthetics fine, but enough with the scale already.
Fair enough. :1-1: However, as long as Sideshow releases core characters from the same team in mixed scale, people are going to discuss scale pros/cons/frustrations on a Sideshow collector's message board. Scale is part of the "sculpt or aesthetics."

You may not care about the scale debate because scale is not a factor to you, but it is no different than price, QC, character selection, fabric, or ES discussions.

maybe cause all he's got for weapons is snowballs :dunno

bobby is usually considered the joke of the X Men but im not sure if you have read the new Wolverine and the X Men #2. He executes and Omega level power where he creates an army of ice soldiers in all different shapes and sizes to battle an overwhelming enemy. Not only does he create the army but he also controls them.

Fair enough. :1-1: However, as long as Sideshow releases core characters from the same team in mixed scale, people are going to discuss scale pros/cons/frustrations on a Sideshow collector's message board. Scale is part of the "sculpt or aesthetics."

You may not care about the scale debate because scale is not a factor to you, but it is no different than price, QC, character selection, fabric, or ES discussions.

:1-1: :1-1: I agree scale is a major issue at SS but at this point I think two destinct lines are emerging thats all. At the same time I think SS is taking note, in iceman's descriptions they actually say he is 1/5 scale

Man, if you pack snow enough, it can hurt and if they are thirsty after a big fight, you know how tricky that yellow snow can be. :wink1:

..like a constant stream of bullets, and he already has the gun.....

As for scale, I will probably be pretty satisfied if they started pumping out 1/4 scale fully sculpted pieces since I feel they would do well. It's the fact that they stopped putting out 1/4 scale piece to match fully sculpted awesomeness of Spidey/Venom/Carnage Comiquettes that is sad to me.

Back