Statue Iceman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iceman should've made SS tons of cash. sadly, both SS and the fans lost on this one. i will admit, if it was 1/4 scale i would've ordered the iceman just to add to my growing xmen line.

I hope Sideshow learns from this mistake and concentrates their efforts on the 1/4 scale line of X-Men. Small scale with a terrible pose and mediocre sculpt is not going to net them much $$$.

I hope Sideshow learns from this mistake and concentrates their efforts on the 1/4 scale line of X-Men. Small scale with a terrible pose and mediocre sculpt is not going to net them much $$$.

:goodpost: I would have bought 2 sets of X-men in 1/4 scale with different sculpts/costumes too :( Opportunity wasted. :slap

iceman should've made SS tons of cash. sadly, both SS and the fans lost on this one. i will admit, if it was 1/4 scale i would've ordered the iceman just to add to my growing xmen line.

:goodpost: I would have bought 2 sets of X-men in 1/4 scale with different sculpts/costumes too :( Opportunity wasted. :slap

Ughh! :slap

We get it, you don't like 1/5. Lucky for us you're not the only SSC Marvel collector's out there,.

So GTFO to a 1/4 product thread & leave the 1/5 ones alone. :pfft:

1/4 scale can't even save this piece. It just isn't a very good sculpt IMHO. A good sculpt is a good sculpt regardless of scale.

:exactly: I am tired of building a ribbon dancing team. Keep it simple, none of the girls have awkward poses dont know why they insist on making the guys look like interpretive dance.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Silver Surfer is another example.

images

^^ almost sold out......30 left? I guess people do love it.

You mean almost fake sellout.

They lost my money on this. Been waiting on a good Iceman for years.

The more mistakes SSC makes in poses, sculpts and quality control, the further they alienate me as a customer.

Last edited:

We get it, you don't like 1/5. Lucky for us you're not the only SSC Marvel collector's out there,.

So GTFO to a 1/4 product thread & leave the 1/5 ones alone. :pfft:

Hey Nova-Force...

suck it!

Last time I checked this is a public forum, so I will post where ever I want. Put me on ignore if you like, just like I did with you. :pfft:

We get it, you don't like 1/5. Lucky for us you're not the only SSC Marvel collector's out there.
So GTFO to a 1/4 product thread & leave the 1/5 ones alone.

Lucky for the rest of us that the 1/5th crowd is so minimal that Sideshow is forced to make an X-MEN STATUE with an ES of 200 because no one is ordering and they continue to lose money on the scale. This will either force them to a) drop the scale and learn their lesson (listen to their larger fan base) or b) keep making 1/5th scale to provide humor for the much larger community. :peace

I get it...a select few like 1/5th scale. However, the much broader fan base was alienated by Sideshow's mixed scale choice. Deny it all you like, but Sideshow has lost quite a bit of money from this choice. I can think of at least 10 statues that I have passed on simply because of scale.

1/4 scale can't even save this piece. It just isn't a very good sculpt IMHO. A good sculpt is a good sculpt regardless of scale.
I actually like the Iceman sculpt and think the sculpt lends itself to the interpretation of the character (graceful); especially the EX head. I just refuse to support 1/5th scale. And think about the Cyclops EX head...1/4th scale can save a piece.

Big foot is pretty bad too...
I am surprised they didn't cancel that like they did the Mummy dude.

Last edited:
Lucky for the rest of us that the 1/5th crowd is so minimal that Sideshow is forced to make an X-MEN STATUE with an ES of 200 because no one is ordering and they continue to lose money on the scale. This will either force them to a) drop the scale and learn their lesson (listen to their larger fan base) or b) keep making 1/5th scale to provide humor for the much larger community. :peace

I get it...a select few like 1/5th scale. However, the much broader fan base was alienated by Sideshow's mixed scale choice. Deny it all you like, but Sideshow has lost quite a bit of money from this choice. I can think of at least 10 statues that I have passed on simply because of scale.

I actually like the Iceman sculpt and think the sculpt lends itself to the interpretation of the character (graceful); especially the EX head. I just refuse to support 1/5th scale. And think about the Cyclops EX head...1/4th scale can save a piece.

I am surprised they didn't cancel that like they did the Mummy dude.
:goodpost:
Agreed, there is a reason this has such a low ES, very few want to buy it. I've similarly passed on many Sideshow pieces this year due to scale as well. I'm fine with them exploring 1/5 scale as long as they continue making 1/2 and 1/4 scale comiquettes of X-men and other characters.

You are comparing apples and oranges. Cyke will always be more popular than Bobby. You can't have an X-MEN line up without Scott. That is why the Cyclops PF sold out even with the fugly EX head. You can pass on Bobby and not skip a beat unless you are a huge fan of the character. To make a fair comparison, we would have to wait for the Cyke com and compare those 2.

I do not share your opinion that scale saves a piece. I will not buy an ugly statue, even if it's 1/4 scale. I own many 1/5 pieces that I think are better than their 1/4 scale counterparts. The Punisher, White Queen, Wolverine, and Mystique coms are just a few pieces I like better than their 1/4 scale PFs. The overall sculpt is THE #1 determining factor for me. If it looks good, I will buy it. If it looks bad, I will not. It really is just that simple for me. I would rather own a kick ass 1/5 piece than a mediocre 1/4 piece. Both scales have had their hits and misses.

That all being said, I would ALWAYS rather buy a 1/4 scale sculpt of my favorite statues. It is a shame that SSC can't see that having Coms and PFs all in the same scale is what most of their customers want.

Back