"I was born in the dark..." - TDKR Diorama - Finished Pics, pg 5.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "I was born in the dark..." - TDKR Diorama

yeah definitely looks amazing, shame there isn't many images of the actual sewer you could use as a backdrop. All have Bane in the shot with a little bit of the sewer in the background.

here's the entire underground set:

NufCY.jpg

it's so nuts that they actually built the entire set. Gotta love Nolan for that!

NufCY.jpg

it's so nuts that they actually built the entire set. Gotta love Nolan for that!

So much win.

Same with this dio, let us know if you are going to offer it :wink1:

This is the backdrop from Bruce DX set that I was talking bout earlier:

Hot%20Toys%20DX04%20Bruce%20Lee%20050.JPG

not too accurate, but close enough with the pipes and the black background.

NufCY.jpg

Man this is insane. Untouched level of realism in the movie.

Coming abck to the topic, love your dio mate. The water effect is the icing on the cake. :clap

Guys I can't appreciate how many positive responses there towards this dio! I love it.

To address the commission "nudges" I see floating around,

I would love to make this dio for people, however I feel that my level of craftsmenship is not worthy of charging anybody for it.

The base of this dio is only foam board, and for such a less costly material, charging for it seems not fair IMO. The entire project costs around ~$50

Also since I am going back to school this fall (full time), I feel like I would not have enough time to dedicate towards producing several sets; and such I might get discourage from completing the project.

We all know several people have taken on the challenge of doing comissions for people, charged a deposit, then not finish the work and are never heard from again. Then they are pretty much "blacklisted" from the site by anybody who was involved with the project. And I would hate to be in that position and put anybody in that position.

So unfortunately for now, I will have to say I cannot make this dio for anybody.

I however, can help anybody out who is looking to make it themself. It honestly will take about ~30 hours of work, and most of that time is waiting for the silicon (used for the water) to set.

Perhaps next summer, if people are still wanting this, I can take on the challenge of doing comissions for this project.

First of all, I am amazed at how awesome that dio looks.

Second, after reading this thread, you have inspired me to build one for my Bane fig that should be here soon. I am going to make mine as screen accurate as possible too.

Keep a look out for the WIP thread.

Great work :wave ! where can a guy find the base materials in bulk , hobby or craft shops ? Im retired young and would love to make these for my figures and some to sell but in a grander scale as Im a perfectionist I do it right or I dont do it .
Thanks for any help

Last edited:

Amazing CTO15!! :duff

I so want one :wave

First of all, I am amazed at how awesome that dio looks.

Second, after reading this thread, you have inspired me to build one for my Bane fig that should be here soon. I am going to make mine as screen accurate as possible too.

Keep a look out for the WIP thread.

This is looking awesome!

thanks guys!

Really like this shot! Looks like fun to jump in!! :yess:

haha, I should have Gordon in there:lol

Great work :wave ! where can a guy find the base materials in bulk , hobby or craft shops ? Im retired young and would love to make these for my figures and some to sell but in a grander scale as Im a perfectionist I do it right or I dont do it .
Thanks for any help

I don't want to speak for CTO15 but since I built the same diorama, I thought I could shout out some advice.

I live in Japan so I thought most of this stuff would be hard to get but that was definitely not the case.

I went to a local hardware store and picked up:

- some small wooden sticks, square and round for the railings
- clear silicone calking for bathrooms for the water effect
- spray paint
- some foam-core poster board

The only thing I could not find was the plastic mesh so I ordered some off of eBay. Everything was pretty cheap so I imagine you could just buy 10x more than I did and build multiples of these things.

Check out my thread for pictures of all these items I just mentioned.

PM if you have any other questions.

Back