I Was a Teenage Frankenstein/Werewolf review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review Michael. I really wanted to get this figure. Had it on order but they chose not to sell it to me.

Amoktime sent this email, quite some time ago now.
"Message from AmokTime.com:
Hello from Amok Time, Thank you for your order. (Blah, blah, blah) Thank you, Amoktime.com

I Was a Teenage Werewolf 12in Collectors Figure: None."
I have since sent them two emails, and have received no response.

Thanks to your review, and due mainly to members response, I don't feel so bad about not receiving it now.

Amoktime has to do better. Their lack of customer service, in relation to customer communication, is great. Plenty of lack there. At least in respect to this one single customer. They'll have to have more hands on quality control, to address the negatives mentioned in your review. They had better see what is happening around them or their investment will harmoniously empathise the southernly direction of these economic times.

My currency has taken a 30% fall, against the greenback, which translates as a 30% rise in the cost of a figure as well as the cost of the shipping. Amoktime might be best to suspend their new venture until they address their ability to compete, and consolidate their ability to operate effectively.

Yeah, the NOTLD Cemetery Zombie's socks are super duper glued too.

Love both of those figures. The arm color on Frank sucks, but I still plan on buying one.

Well, I love the review. Here's a thing that I find kind of strange though given my status as a cheapskate. I don't agree with you on price point. I think $60 is acceptable, and very reasonable. They are, after all, a very small outfit. When you consider that 10 years ago most garage kits of these characters were $100-150, and had to be painted and built, were pretty crappy on casting and clean up, and came in bubble wrap with no box at all...well,then $60 for something pre-finished in a nice box seems very reasonable. Especially in a sub niche of an already specialized niche of Classic Movie monsters. My 2 cents. Maybe collecotrs who never apid this much for something 10 years ago are just spoiled. me, I say: "That's a real good deal compared to what you had to do before to get a memorabilia piece of that character!":banana

Back