Hot Toys Ultron Prime review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought to myself "you should give the sixth scale stuff a break tonight" and then thought "nah...". Don't worry, I'll get back to the other figures, statues, busts, and prop replicas soon (did you buy your Tobin's Spirit Guide this week?), but tonight I'm going to hit up another Hot Toys release. This time it's Ultron Prime from Avengers: Age of Ultron. This is a big, bad, figure, with lots of excellence, particularly around the paint and the articulation. But it has some serious woes as well - you can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-062416a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have terrific weekend!

Michael

I'm getting really tired of HT's needlessly complicated electronics and secret hatches. Sideshow got passed this with R2's touch sensor -- which is a brilliant way to turn on lights without seeing a switch.

Michael, I think you need to put your Trump doll in with every figure you review (in compromising poses) until the election is over.

i'm going to have to make a decision on this thing soon... keep my preorder or wait forever for an ultimate ultron. so far i'm leaning towards keeping my preorder.. but i don't know.

Michael Crawford said:
review_ultronprime_1.jpg

Great review Michael and I love the beautiful picture above from your review. It is shame that the light feature is so discouraging to operate, the lights on this seem like a must.

This isn't a figure I am considering getting because I don't collect villains, nor do I group my figures by movies, and its too big for any place I would have to put it. But it was very tempting.

But I often read your reviews even of figures I may not be considering because I have an appreciation for the hobby and your reviews are a great way to get a "closer" look at figures I might never see in hand.

Thanks for your great work.

Thanks Jaymas - I really appreciate it! I have a review coming Sunday night of some very, very, very nice figures...

Great review Michael and I love the beautiful picture above from your review. It is shame that the light feature is so discouraging to operate, the lights on this seem like a must.

This isn't a figure I am considering getting because I don't collect villains, nor do I group my figures by movies, and its too big for any place I would have to put it. But it was very tempting.

But I often read your reviews even of figures I may not be considering because I have an appreciation for the hobby and your reviews are a great way to get a "closer" look at figures I might never see in hand.

Thanks for your great work.

I'm in the same boat.. I love reading and looking at figures that I have no intention of buying.

Back