"I want my phone call...I want it" HT Joker Diorama WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a feat of 1/6 scale engineering, and I am thinking of selling the concept to Hot Toys and Sideshow...TAPE...just tape on the back of the the glass:lol

mike

duct tape... as used by NASA :)

Hey all,

Just wanted to post an update as to the progress of the dioramas:

ro926: replacement glass on its way
intothevoid: shipped out
Darthy: will ship out this week

Again I have to let you all know how great you guys have been with this! I really appreciate your patience. I am going to "try" to have the rest of the dios done by the first week in Oct. But I will not sacrifice quality for speed, so its just an estimate. Just ask those who have already recieved their dios...I make sure they are all top notch in quality:) PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks again,

mike

Hey all,

Just wanted to post an update as to the progress of the dioramas:

ro926: replacement glass on its way
intothevoid: shipped out
Darthy: will ship out this week

Again I have to let you all know how great you guys have been with this! I really appreciate your patience. I am going to "try" to have the rest of the dios done by the first week in Oct. But I will not sacrifice quality for speed, so its just an estimate. Just ask those who have already recieved their dios...I make sure they are all top notch in quality:) PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks again,

mike

Don't forget my order too buddy, lol!!! :monkey3

these are trully great pieces Mike. I am dying to see what you plan on doing next.

...it will fit in a detolf and has a bank and the back of a bus... then one that involves a boulder and a certain fortune and glory seeker...stay tuned Winter 2010 ;)

mike

Yes, yes I am! Its a tricky thing to make the back of a 1/6 bus!

mike

Wow. Hope that one is available to ship to UK somewhow too. Would love to have two of your dioramas in my DETOLF, (if the new one is made to fit that is).

Can't wait!

Hey all, here is how I carved the bricks out of the MDF board...

Since the material is MDF it cuts pretty easy. I used a 18 tpi(teeth per inch) sawzall blade or recipricating saw blade(same thing) and just ran it back and forth with my hand... they can be found a Home Depot or Lowes or any hardware store. The 18 tooth fine sawblade is used for metal cutting but it works great on the MDF. You will want to make sure and use a straight edge to guide the saw blade for the horizontal lines so they stay straight. I then used a Dremel with a carving tip for all the little vertical cuts...again make sure you use a straight edge to keep the lines nice.

Each row of bricks is 1/2 high so in total on the big piece of MDF you should have 11 rows of bricks... remember that the top row of bricks on the big piece is different than all the rest. It is a series of small bricks...check some screencaps if need be, my earlier pics, and the pics Buttmunch posted. I scaled them to 1/2" wide each.

One the 2 side pieces you should end up with 27 rows of bricks.

More to come later...

mike

Mike - any chance you could continue with your "how-to?" I'm going to take a crack at this and was curious if you could share a bit on the rest of your process...specifically the mirror install, assembling the walls together and the weathering/treatment of the bricks. I understand you're busy...if you have time. Thanks! :)

Back