I received my First Negative Feedback in 9 years! Beware of Ebay Buyer mattmanelite!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man so sorry to hear that...I have been done with ebay for nearly 6 years...WORLDS worse they became since they first hit the scene.
They are greedy with fees!!! And they now are for all the buyers not sellers...You can't leave neg for Buyers anymore because according to ebay, the Buyer is always right!
YET who makes ebay money???THE SELLER! real Joke! I always wished another auction site would have pushed them out, but never did!

I got a negative one time for $1.00 Item...YES you heard right...$1.00 hot wheels car.

Man so sorry to hear that...I have been done with ebay for nearly 6 years...WORLDS worse they became since they first hit the scene.
They are greedy with fees!!! And they now are for all the buyers not sellers...You can't leave neg for Buyers anymore because according to ebay, the Buyer is always right!
YET who makes ebay money???THE SELLER! real Joke! I always wished another auction site would have pushed them out, but never did!

I got a negative one time for $1.00 Item...YES you heard right...$1.00 hot wheels car.

Sorry about that.

I thought it was the real deal, full size and taxed and insured. I couldn't believe it when it turned up in a small box.

I thought how the hell am i going to drive that....................

Why do you feel the need to antagonize me because i don't agree with EVERYTHING you say? Huh? Wishing me to get in trouble even...
I've read your op, and all you say expect the facts is conjecture.
Why should i trust you over this guy? Do i know you? No.
There's always two sides to a story. He's not here to tell his.
I agree that the guy is an idiot, but he has done nothing in my view that deserves him to be lynched in public like that.
Send him a message with a link to these threads if you want to be fair.
Again i'm not saying the guy is clean, all leads to probably not.
But he seems more stupid than anything else.
Also it seems to me that your act is more motivated to burn this idiot, make him pay for that neg than to actually protect your fellow friends from the forum.

PS: i may have missed something, did he shipped back the damaged ED?

I definitly understand his anger and and i'm the first to thank him if the guy is actually used to be an *******s on ebay.
Thing is what've read and understood make me believe that the guy is just an idiot.
He tried to buy out of ebay (i've done it, so stone me), then paid thru ebay, received the item, then 2 days later he says its damaged, give bad feedback and don't answers since.
So far since the OP has from what he says a perfect ebay feedback, that he can respond to the bad feedback i don't really see the harm.
Its annoying i get it, but the only one really harmed is that stupid guy who has a damaged item.

Or i misunderstood and the idiot shipped back the item?

Like is said its good to know.
But i don't like public namedropping especially if the guy is not around to tell his version of the story. Outing someone like that and seeing the herd mentality in action kinda freaks me out.
So far the guy has done nothing wrong in my book expect being stupid. He has the right to not be happy about that transaction and post a neg feedback.
Might not be fair but these are ebay's rules.
Real scams deserves to have their threads with name dropped.
To me this is a private affair between 2 people.

Recently I had troubles with a member here, left him an honest neg feedback, did not feel the need to out him in a thread.
But hey thats me. Maybe when i get a neg i will be pissed and namedrop everywhere i can.

Btw if the idiot has such bad feedback why did the OP who was suspecting something fishy from the start still accepted to sell and ship him in the end? You can always cancel a transaction. I know i did a few time when something di not feel right about the buyer, especially when the buyer contact you by pm and have some strange requests.

You don't have to agree with everything I say. I'm not making you do anything. I'm just stating the facts. If you don't want to block him that's fine with me. I never wished anything bad for you I said if you think what he did was ok then don't block him and hopefully you get a chance to deal with him... I think that's fair . The guy is more than an idiot. I did exactly what I could as a seller. I packed the item well, I shipped it the next day, and I responded to him telling him he would get a full refund. He gave me a negative ( for no fault of my own) . He never responded, He didnt say no I dont want the refund or any type of message. He never even sent me a pic of the damage. He just gave me a negative.If he can do this to me imagine what he will do to the next seller that something unforeseen happens. I love how you want to come to his defense for something that's unexcusable. Sellers can't leave any type of feedback on eBay to warn other sellers. That's why I posted it here. You can do anything you want with the info but I thought it would save someone the aggravation of dealing with such a buyer. No, he hasn't sent me the Ed-209. I haven't received anything from the buyer except a negative. The buyer also has bad feedback ( check it for yourself before you defend someone blindly). I learned this when he bought my item. By then it was too late.

Btw You can cancel a transaction but they can still give you positive feedback or negative feedback ( such as not selling the item to them) Imagine what feedback I would have received if I canceled the auction and not sold to the guy??? I was in a lose/lose situation .

Ebay has definatley turned bad & greedy over the years & im very tempted to close it down as im sick of them ****ting on me all the time when ever anything goes wrong & the fee's both them & greedy paypal take it outrageous. The advertise free listing days & then charge you for a picture & to have a scheduled start time that is just wrong!

I got my first negative last January, then a few days later my second :lol

First was from a dumb**** buyer; after he paid he asked a lot of weird questions and I did not feeling comfortable selling to him since he was from another country and zero feedback; so I cancelled his bid, refunded his money and then got a negative :lol

Second was from a buyer who tried to claim an item I sent him was deffective; however he wanted it shipped next day (which I did) and then waited nearly a month to complain... I also noticed he bought a number of the same item from other sellers (some working, some none). I complained to eBay and they sided with me in terms of not having to refund any money, but he left a negative and that was not removed :huh :lol

Pretty annoying, but last week I passed the year mark and no I'm back up to 100% :rock

I've not gotten a neg yet. I don't sell enough on ebay I think for that to be a problem and from reading some of this I'm glad I don't. :lol

I bet if everyone commented on their bad ebay experiences on here the pages would be way past 10,000 sad but true haha

Think this is bad. Go to.............................

I hate ebay.

Ebay sucks.

Paypal sucks.

Just google those and go to those sites and if you have a spare week or two on your hands read some of the things that go on.

I remember actually Googling that one day and noticed a few sites where people sell their accounts on eBay, with 100% feedbacks etc. Wouldn't that be easy for scammers to just buy a 100% account?

Buy something from him, and do the same thing to him. Blackmail him to take off the negative remarks.

It's the buyer's responsibility to pay return shipping per ebay's rules.

It may be, but is it worth getting dinged with a negative feedback?

People need to realize ebay has been slowly catering to sellers who sell in volume, and as such, losses are part of the strategy. Volume sellers do not want to get dinged with low DSR ratings and negative feedback because it'll ultimately cost their top rated status as well as the final value discount that goes along with it.

I only remember leaving negative feedback twice. One because a seller shipped a brand new camera lens in a bubble mailer and would not offer to pay return shipping (seller 2 weeks later offered $30 to rescind it). The other when the seller wrapped my diecast models in cardboard and the boxes got crushed, that I didn't even bother wasting my time trying to work something out with the seller.

You don't have to agree with everything I say. I'm not making you do anything. I'm just stating the facts. If you don't want to block him that's fine with me. I never wished anything bad for you I said if you think what he did was ok then don't block him and hopefully you get a chance to deal with him... I think that's fair . The guy is more than an idiot. I did exactly what I could as a seller. I packed the item well, I shipped it the next day, and I responded to him telling him he would get a full refund. He gave me a negative ( for no fault of my own) . He never responded, He didnt say no I dont want the refund or any type of message. He never even sent me a pic of the damage. He just gave me a negative.If he can do this to me imagine what he will do to the next seller that something unforeseen happens. I love how you want to come to his defense for something that's unexcusable. Sellers can't leave any type of feedback on eBay to warn other sellers. That's why I posted it here. You can do anything you want with the info but I thought it would save someone the aggravation of dealing with such a buyer. No, he hasn't sent me the Ed-209. I haven't received anything from the buyer except a negative. The buyer also has bad feedback ( check it for yourself before you defend someone blindly). I learned this when he bought my item. By then it was too late.

Btw You can cancel a transaction but they can still give you positive feedback or negative feedback ( such as not selling the item to them) Imagine what feedback I would have received if I canceled the auction and not sold to the guy??? I was in a lose/lose situation .

You don't need to repeat what you already said.
I got all the details loud and clear.
And what you meant about me dealing with him is crystal clear.
I don't see whats fair in that...
Don't try to backswim now.
Whatever...

You love how i defend him blindly?
Cause that what i'm doing i'm defending him?
Well you probably read me wrong.
I said what i did not liked in the way you outed him, i'm not defending him for what he has done. I usually don't defend people by calling them idiots. Nuances...

What gets me too is how some are taking your word as gospel...
BURN BURN BURN THE WITCH!!!!
wait you got just one side of the story!

As for the lose/lose situation i find your reasons to ship and conclude the transaction quite... Funny.
The guy tried to buy from you outside of ebay, then you saw he had bad feedback and you choose to ship and sell to him in the end...
I'm having second thoughts about who is the idiot now...
You rather finish a transaction with a fishy buyer and risk to lose money or your stuff in the process than having a neg?

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...:cuckoo:

Hope you enjoy the money you got from that bad bad bad bad buyer tho... :)

He was in a lose-lose situation because most sellers don't want negative feedback for a few different reasons, so yes in order to keep his feedback good, he was in a lose-lose situation.

Nobody is burning the witch. He is simply telling other sellers to be aware that this guy will leave unreasonable feedback.

Personally i thank him for that.

No witches are being burnt, but as ebay has NO facility for sellers to give an honest account of their buyers.............. he chose to do it here.

It may be, but is it worth getting dinged with a negative feedback?

People need to realize ebay has been slowly catering to sellers who sell in volume, and as such, losses are part of the strategy. Volume sellers do not want to get dinged with low DSR ratings and negative feedback because it'll ultimately cost their top rated status as well as the final value discount that goes along with it.

I only remember leaving negative feedback twice. One because a seller shipped a brand new camera lens in a bubble mailer and would not offer to pay return shipping (seller 2 weeks later offered $30 to rescind it). The other when the seller wrapped my diecast models in cardboard and the boxes got crushed, that I didn't even bother wasting my time trying to work something out with the seller.

Negative feedback shouldn't be allowed to be left for someone that is following the rules governing the host website in my opinion. If they do not state that they will pay return shipping on any damaged item or if they state that the return shipping will be paid by the buyer, then the responsibility to pay return shipping falls on the buyer and the buyer should not be allowed to strong arm the seller into paying return shipping. I know they can be because ebay caters to buyers in every way possible, but it doesn't seem fair to break the rules of the site like that and that's why I don't sell anything on ebay anymore. The risk of buyers abusing the system is too high and someone who is an individual trying to move some clutter around the house.

Okay. Now I'm done. :)

Last edited:
I received my only negative feedback a few months ago. Seller left me a neg for shipping his statue with signature confirmation. He had to work so he missed 3 delivery attempts by UPS and had to pick it up at his nearest UPS facility. He sent me a nasty email filled with profanity because I wouldn't waive the signature confirmation. He actually thought I would agree to leave a statue outside his door for anyone to see and possibly walk off with it. He nailed with the neg because he said he was inconvenienced and I wasn't thinking about my customers.

Well, I'd rather eat the neg than have him say he never received the statue and wants his money back. I would have been out a statue and he would have had his money refunded by ebay. No thanks.

Dealing with ebay is like playing russian roulette. If you play, sooner or later there will be a bullet in the chamber. Not every ebay member is a well rounded mentally stable person. It's just a matter of time before you deal with a nutcase. Just have to shake it off and move on.

You don't need to repeat what you already said.
I got all the details loud and clear.
And what you meant about me dealing with him is crystal clear.
I don't see whats fair in that...
Don't try to backswim now.
Whatever...

You love how i defend him blindly?
Cause that what i'm doing i'm defending him?
Well you probably read me wrong.
I said what i did not liked in the way you outed him, i'm not defending him for what he has done. I usually don't defend people by calling them idiots. Nuances...

What gets me too is how some are taking your word as gospel...
wait you got just one side of the story!

As for the lose/lose situation i find your reasons to ship and conclude the transaction quite... Funny.
The guy tried to buy from you outside of ebay, then you saw he had bad feedback and you choose to ship and sell to him in the end...
I'm having second thoughts about who is the idiot now...
You rather finish a transaction with a fishy buyer and risk to lose money or your stuff in the process than having a neg?

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...:cuckoo:

Hope you enjoy the money you got from that bad bad bad bad buyer tho... :)

Jack-Donaghy-Facepalm.gif

He was in a lose-lose situation because most sellers don't want negative feedback for a few different reasons, so yes in order to keep his feedback good, he was in a lose-lose situation.

Nobody is burning the witch. He is simply telling other sellers to be aware that this guy will leave unreasonable feedback.

Personally i thank him for that.

No witches are being burnt, but as ebay has NO facility for sellers to give an honest account of their buyers.............. he chose to do it here.
:goodpost:

star_trek_clap_clap_gif.gif

That wasn't necessary. But ok, I just believe that if you don't receive what you paid for the one selling should take responsibility and take care of their customers. Of course if you're a private seller you might view things differently.

What I meant earlier is that it doesn't matter if you're a seller or buyer, as everyone seems to think buyers are in a better position on ebay, if you deal with someone dishonest you lose.

You can sell someone something and it's truly in perfect condition and well packed. The buyer can be dishonest and say it arrived broken and that they should receive a partial refund or a full refund and return it. The buyer can have swapped parts with their broken item for the new one you sent. Seller loses the money he had to pay to send it to the seller and he might receive something he didn't send to the buyer..

As a buyer you can buy something that is described as a camera and the seller is dishonest and sends you a broken camera or say a rock.. doesn't matter that it's the fault of the seller that the buyer is forced to send it back. The buyer must pay return costs. This is why I slap my face at the ebay policy. Not only that but you will have to send it back with signature and tracking number, that will cost you much more. Since the seller can say he didn't receive the return..

Another issue can be that you didn't receive something that was physically broken but something that is defective and couldn't possibly have broken during shipping. I once bought a battery for my camera and when I tried it it said it didn't work with my model on the view screen, when the seller described that it would work with my model. I had to pay return costs.

The best thing to do when sending expensive items like the ED209 is to insure it and the buyer needs to pay for it. An agreement should be made beforehand, this is what I do now when I buy on ebay. But the seller can still pull the ebay policy card even if we agreed to something else...

I sell on eBay. Always pack extremely well, double box, bubble wrap paper, packing nuts, (I'm a collector too), and I offer to cover for insurance and tracking. Sometimes, items arrive damaged due to the postal service. Do you realize how they handle boxes? Anyway, the buyer should take and send photos of the damaged item to the seller to prove this arrived this way first. He then sends the item back to the seller, buyer should pay for the return shipping), and after item is received by seller, seller gives a refund. The seller then files an insurance claim. OR the buyer can skip the whole process, and file the claim himself. You must also realize, that most on eBay, are not retailers, or businesses, we are fellow collectors. We do our best to be accommodating to every buyer, answer all questions, make for a smooth transaction, and do good communication. But most of my sales end up being for much less than I paid for the item initially. There comes a point where, with all these factors being the case, that you sometimes feel like you're being raped here. Greedy, unreasonable d-bags, out to get a collectible for a lowball price with free shipping, or lying about arriving conditions, and eBay with all the fees, and Payal (owned by eBay!!!) with more fees. I'm sure your a nice guy, but if your gonna be that tough, unreasonable, etc., don't buy international, or from a non-retailer.

Back