I love/hate Alien 3 because (with added poll goodness!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alien 3, love it, hate it, indifferent!

• Mmmm, love it!

Votes: 62 67.4%
  • Eurghhh, Hate it!

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Meh, It exists!

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Alien 3 rocked!!! I felt it was a great revalation of the original with a twist. AL()IENS is still my favourite!!!

I voted "Meh,it exists." cause It's good but it's nothing worth watching again and again or anything to brag about. It's decent.

I would not now say it is the best in the franchise, but it is the one that really got my attention the most and made me love the whole saga. Loved the look and feel of the movie, loved the characters more than any other group, and loved the Dog (Ox originally) Alien. I hated that three of the characters who survived Aliens were destroyed before the credits were over, but after some therapy, I've learned to deal with that.

Bald Ripley is my fave.

I'm a big Alien movie fan, but really didn't like this one. I've really tried, and even watched it 3 times over the years. Even though it had a great cast & script and a decent story, it just wasn't an enjoyable movie for me. It felt flat (if that makes sense).

I'm sure I'll get railed for this, but Resurrection owned this movie IMO :lol

i personally didn t like it so much ther wasn t too much suspense like in the
Alien or Aliens its still a solid movie but it didnt cut it for me

I loved it,and still do

So many reasons i like it,the Alien design (they managed to change it without ruining it,unlike most other franchise's),great setting,good acting and managed to make you care about the characters involved..........and last but not least the score!simply awe inspiring imo.

All in all its a great film,especailly being the 3rd installment which all to often dissapoints in most trilogys (normally over the top and just plain bad,this avoids this)

Thumbs up from me!

Alien 3 really is a flawed gem. The production woes on the picure are well documented, so the fact that Fincher manged to pull through is a testament to the guys talent.

I agree with Wookster in that's it got some of the best acting in the series, especiallly Weaver, Dance and Dutton. The "I must make you nervous" scene still sends shivers down my spine. The Alien's birth scene (Dog version), the Attack on Dance and the "kiss", when Ripley finds out she is impregnated, there's so many good scenes that firmly outweigh the bad.

Also ADI's FX are really good in the film which makes me wonder why they kept dropping the ball in the subsequent Ressurection and AVP movies. The Alien looks superb and the mangled Bishop was way ahead of it's time in execution.

Plus it's just so darned Nihilistic and devastated the audience from the very beginning with the death of Hicks and Newt. Which is a very brave thing to do when you think about it.

The bad? The majority of the prisoners are ill defined (go to to love Morse though). The full Alien shots are mainly not that hot. There are some pacing issues and a few clunky lines of dialog.

Thinking about it the film is probably more of a character piece than the other films and that's no bad thing. I think that when it was released the "fans" were hoping for a kick ass action film and got a dark, grim, art film effectively. One that was neutered by the removal of the Golic scenes, rendering it confused in it's narrative.

Hopefully one day Fincher will forget the pain of the shoot and revisit the film to re-cut it to the masterpiece that it truly could be.

In summary It's a love it for me.

I watched it under the influence once and thought it was the most profound of the series, is there any other way to end the nightmare that began in Alien than to have Ripley die christlike while destroying the alien/s at the same time. Yet I can't dismiss resurrection either, it is difficult for me to come up with a fictitious character who has been transformed so heavily yet still remains essentially the same character as in the orginal film. Also at the time the skinhead Ripley was an extremely bold move. It was like saying yes, this is another Alien movie but it is nothing like the two that have come before. My vote I love it.

Hate it. Soon as I found out Newt and Hicks had died I totally lost interest. Half of Aliens was all about Ripley building a relationship between the two, so it just makes Aliens look like a waste of time.
Never been so depressed walking out of a cinema that day after a movie I had just seen.
It ends with Aliens for me,I just like happy endings.:D

I liked it. Didnt love, didnt hate. Great mood, very dark, liked that about it most.

Its a great bookend to the trilogy. So glad they didnt make any more after Alien 3.

Back