I LOVE Battlestar Galactica!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josette said:
I bought the dvds last month and and started watching the show. So many people recommended it to me, saying I would like it and I finally caved and bought the first season. I got instantly addicted.

It's such a fantastic show, and the writing & the acting blows me away almost every episode. The characters and the story hit me on an emotional level. I think it's one of the best shows I've ever watched.

Can't wait for "Sacrifices" tonight.

That's why I bought the DVDs too - so many people that I trust had told me it was the best thing ever that I figured it must be pretty good and if it's that good, I'd want to watch it over and over. So I bought it. (I don't have cable so never saw it when it airing.)

The too-slow burn thing is exactly the way I feel about LOST! I hope I don't start feeling that way about BSG - I'm loving it so much right now :(

Oh, and please no spoilers in this thread :) :peace

Alice Adrenochrome said:
First season started last week over here in EU. I love it! The hardware looks very cool too, so, when will we get a couple of Vipers, Cylons and a Battle Star to put on our shelfs?

Someone else can probably remember where and who, but I know I read somewhere a company is working on this type of thing.

oh yeah there are many toys out there to be had. not so much of the new show though, but there are some of the old series out there. if you do a google search for A.S.A.P. (a sit about props) you will find a cool forum with people that make movie prop replicas. they make anything from custom 1/24 vipers to complete costumes from the show. since i dont have cable you guys have to let me know how the show went!!!! im seriously considering getting a tivo just for sci-fi fridays. :joy :joy :banana

Actually I think it was a reg company making the newer stuff. Can't remember where I seen that...was some forum where the someone from the company posts, but can't remember which forum it was...been a few minutes since I read it.:D

yeah you're right there is at least two companies that make miniature vipers and i think the battlestar from the new show. not sure if they have figures though, but there needs to be someone making them. any of you guys know where i can get a good downloading source for the new episodes???

yeah, but thats the problem most of the time its hard to find a good one with a fast transfer rate. when i was downloading all the stargate atlantis episodes it would take over a week nonstop to download one episode sometimes.

Though I loved the old campy one-season series, the new Battlestar is far superior. I actually like that the episodes have been character-centric. Love the scripts, cast and gritty, you-may-not-live-another-day feel of the program the creator said he mirrored off the post 9/11 world (not knowing is someone was a terrorist/Cylon, etc.)

No offense to the traditionalists, but I think making Starbuck a woman and getting the actress they cast as in the role was a stroke of genius

Would love for SSC to pic up the 12" license on these this line.

Don't know what's been licensed for the new BG, but for there was an old thread over at OSW where a company was making the Classic BG figs in 1/6. Starbuck and Apollo weren't too great but I remember the Cylons looked pretty badass.

Anywho, my .02.

So..... is Starbucks named after Starbuck? :confused:

I too LOVE the character of Starbuck in the new series. She's awesome!

I don't remember if it was last weeks 'Scar' espisode (seemed like it was more than 1 week ago though) or the 'Black Market' episode maybe even before this...don't recall, but didn't anyone else catch the censors little mistake? Cat was supposed to say 'Fracking', but said 'F****ing'. I had to replay it a few times, but that's definitely what she said. Little slip by the censor there. lol

I also love BSG, it is absolutely awesome. Dusty, you must pester and twist arms so that SS will get a 12" license. Of course it would mean the end of my marriage!!!

Fridays are the best now, preorders and later BSG. :joy

SideshowDusty said:
So..... is Starbucks named after Starbuck? :confused:

I too LOVE the character of Starbuck in the new series. She's awesome!

That's an honest question but I have to add that it's the cutest thing I heard about BSG since my girlfriend exclaimed (on my commenting that Dirk Benedict was the orginal Starbuck), "I always wondered why they showed him next to a robot in the A-Team opening."

Majestic has the 1/6 license for both the old and new BG. There are numerous threads in the general section about it. Perhaps during toyfair we'll see pics of the new BG protos.

Oh I LOVE that show... I've been into it from the end of season 1 and now I never do anything on Friday night but grab a beer and wait for it to come on.

It's by far the best Sci-Fi show on television and my favorite TV show hands down! The characters are so great as is the writing, I just can't seem to get enough of it. Seems like the word is starting to spread, more and more people are getting into it and enjoying it as much as I am... so that is good to hear.

"No more Mr Nice Gaius!!"

The characters never fail to capture me. I'm all about characters & story when it comes to movies, tv shows, etc...and BSG has fantastic characters and a great story. I don't know why I resisted watching it for so long. I was probably afraid I'd get hooked. ;)

Who's everyone's favorite character? I honestly like almost every character (which is rather rare), but my favorite is the Old Man. I love Adama.

I love Boomer - she's such a tragic character.

And of course Baltar is just so great - the only ray of humor in a very dark show.

Baltar is my favorite for his eccentricities. I like Starbuck the least because I just find her boring, and I don't think Katee Sackhoff is that attractive. (my opinion ;) )

^^^ baltar rocks.. he's one of my favorite characters in the show. i think katee is very attractive because i like the tough and tough girls that can beat me up.... i think admiral adama is my favorite character because ive always thought EJO is a terrific actor and he brings a lot to the show. i think it would be great if SS brings out a line of ships--- Mk2 vipers, mk7 vipers, the black bird, mini battlestars, cylon raiders and so forth. come on!!! who doesnt want a 12" version of the cylons??? especially one of tricia helfer, grace parks, and the other pretty ladies from the show. ive finally gotten caught up with season two's episodes. and i think they could've done better with the way it started after the pegasus episode. but thats just my opinion so....

Back