I LOVE Battlestar Galactica!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusty

just me
Reaction score
Just started watching it from the beginning of the Miniseries 2 days ago, and I'm *completely* addicted.

Just thought I'd share :banana

I assume this is the new series?

I loved the first season but lost interest about midway through season 2.

I got into it in December! What an incredible, intense show. I jammed through season 1 in no time and am just starting Season 2.0. I'm officially addicted.

The characters and situaltions are great. It takes the concept of the original and really cranks up the intensity of what real people would do if their world were wiped out.

The music, sound, and effects are all great. Gritty, intense and real!

Which episode have you reached?

TheObsoleteMan said:
I assume this is the new series?

I loved the first season but lost interest about midway through season 2.

Yeah it's the new series. Why did you lose interest? Not that I'm judging because I feel that way about LOST (huh, I *lost* interest in LOST - ba-dum-ch).

I'm only on Episode 3. Watched the whole 4-hour miniseries in one night - just could not turn it off. Watched 2 episodes last night, and now that the newsletter is done, I'm free to go home and watch more episodes :wacky

Of course, I need to do laundry, wash dishes, pay bills, clean the apartment, empty the cats' litterboxes, get some kind of exercise that doesn't involve my fingers pounding on a keyboard, talk to my friends... etc - but none of that is important right now! BSG here I cooooooommmmme :banana

SideshowDusty said:
Yeah it's the new series. Why did you lose interest? Not that I'm judging because I feel that way about LOST (huh, I *lost* interest in LOST - ba-dum-ch).

I'm only on Episode 3. Watched the whole 4-hour miniseries in one night - just could not turn it off. Watched 2 episodes last night, and now that the newsletter is done, I'm free to go home and watch more episodes :wacky

Of course, I need to do laundry, wash dishes, pay bills, clean the apartment, empty the cats' litterboxes, get some kind of exercise that doesn't involve my fingers pounding on a keyboard, talk to my friends... etc - but none of that is important right now! BSG here I cooooooommmmme :banana

I know what you mean! Most shows enable me to multitask... pay bills fold laundry, etc, but Galactica demands my full attention.

just a dum question but have the new episodes started yet??? i disconnected the cable because i never watched tv besides sci-fi friday so i saw it pointless to pay $70 a month for 6 hours of entertainment. so i try to download them for free.

First season started last week over here in EU. I love it! The hardware looks very cool too, so, when will we get a couple of Vipers, Cylons and a Battle Star to put on our shelfs?

I also absolutely love this show and think it's one of the best sci-fi shows ever! And for all you Firefly fans out there, there's a nice little tribute to it in the mini-series where you can see Serenity in the sky through the window of the doctor's office that Laura is in!

Firefly Flanatic said:
I also absolutely love this show and think it's one of the best sci-fi shows ever! And for all you Firefly fans out there, there's a nice little tribute to it in the mini-series where you can see Serenity in the sky through the window of the doctor's office that Laura is in!

Oh that's where it is! I knew Serenity was in there somewhere, but couldn't remember when to watch for it! I'll have to go back and check it out. Why did they put it in there?

There are definitely some parallels between the shows, but Firefly is more witty than BSG - BSG's a lot more serious - in fact at first I thought it was a little *too* dramatic, but I quickly got used to it :joy

SideshowDusty said:
I really enjoyed the slow burn feel of the first season, the way the tension just ratcheted up with each new episode, but in the second season it burned a bit too slowly and just started to feel tedious.

Yeah, I've been watching the show since the mini series. At first the mini series didn't impress me all that much but the regular seasons have me hooked. I do feel the second series has been too slow. Too many character centric episodes and not enough focus on major story arcs are dragging it a little for me. I liked how the first series had ep. going back and forth from one story line to another all happening at once in the same episode. Now the episodes are more complete arcs taking away some of that tension the first series had.

Best... sci-fi show... ever.

Oh, that's right Star Trek fans... I went there.

It's far more ernest than any Sci-fi show ever and that initially turned me off from it. I didn't watch a lot of the first season, but got Tivo and started catching up.

I think it was the 2nd season with the Lucy Lawless episode that was the turning point for me and it was elevated to the Buffy/Farscape/Firefly realm of great TV, IMO. The ironic use of the original theme music in that episode was so perfect I almost cried.

I bought the dvds last month and and started watching the show. So many people recommended it to me, saying I would like it and I finally caved and bought the first season. I got instantly addicted.

It's such a fantastic show, and the writing & the acting blows me away almost every episode. The characters and the story hit me on an emotional level. I think it's one of the best shows I've ever watched.

Can't wait for "Sacrifices" tonight.

Back