"I looked into the eye of the island, and what I saw...was beautiful"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clothes finally arrived from Hong Kong! I got two heads from Mike to take advantage of his pricing structure and to give myself one head with which to figure out how I wanted to paint him up so don't be surprised if this guy ends up on eBay very soon. I'm just waiting to put the final touches on my second head.

I was hoping the pants would be a little more tan in color and that the shirt would be a little lighter in color, but I think it works.

IMG_3614.jpg
IMG_3625.jpg
IMG_3629.jpg
IMG_3633.jpg
IMG_3639.jpg

Hey gang, I've been experimenting a bit with some translucent flesh tone resin, and I think I finally got a color that I like. Now if only I could paint these! :)

Locke%201%20copy.jpg

Locke%202%20copy.jpg

Locke%203%20copy.jpg

Holy crap this is a great sculpt. I don't know who this human is, but this sculpt is fantastically yummilicious!! :banana

Thanks for the cool comments on my built-up Locke, guys! He is my second favorite piece in my collection right now. (My other Locke is number one.)

dsc01113iuo.jpg

dsc01114yra.jpg

I again just want to thank Miketek and Andy for bringing this wonderful sculpt for us. And I want to thank Small Studios Josh for doing an amazing job of painting for me. I cannot wait for the next in the line. Keep them coming! :drool

Andy, do you have a ball park estimate when we might see the next? I know you're always busy with "real" sculpting jobs and can't ever say for sure, but are we looking at a few weeks, months, a year?

I dig those cargo pants, Buttmunch. What are they? But I think a different color shirt might work better with him.

I dig those cargo pants, Buttmunch. What are they? But I think a different color shirt might work better with him.

I got them on ebay. Called:

Playhouse PMC 1/6 scale Khaki Tactical TAN Trousers

They were like $15 after shipping, so a little on the expensive side (at least in my opinon) but they seem to be the best match out there.

As for the shirt color, I do agree. I was just going off of the McFarlane Locke as a reference for the clothes. And back then Locke had a yellow shirt, albeit heavily weathered which mine isn't. Or maybe he just had a white shirt! :monkey4

I might end up with maybe an orangeish/brownish shirt or maybe even greyish/bluish, but for now this will do for me. Like I said, with some weathering it will look a lot better. Its far too bright right now.

I also need to find some better boots and probably a knife as well. The one he has now is just a stand in. He is overall very much a work in progess, but I was just so impressed with how it looked already with Josh's paint up. :drool

Thanks Saya. (And for the next few hours he's available eBay! [I can't apologize enough for the shameless plug but he's only got 8 watchers and no bids and he's only looking for a good home...:monkey2])

Anyone looking for the pants, they are Jason Bourne's and the shirt is Hot Toys US Army Ranger 75th Reginment which was washed to loosen the neck up so it wouldn't ride up like a quarter-turtle neck.

I just found this thread and just want to say your Locke figure is the bees knees... Man, this makes me want season six to start tomorrow. Too bad we have to wait to next year!

I posted this in my own thread already, but I just finished up a few Locke painting commissions tonight so I wanted to show you guys. Plus Locke is one of my all-time favorite characters. :)

This guy is such a joy to paint. I could seriously work on these all day.

Andy B's sculpt is immaculate! Andy, if you're reading this, high fives and hugs, buddy! You deserve it!

_MG_3047.jpg

_MG_3045.jpg

_MG_3044.jpg

_MG_3048.jpg

_MG_3053.jpg

_MG_3054.jpg

_MG_3055.jpg

_MG_3061.jpg

Thanks for looking!
JJ

I have not seen a bad paint on this scult yet. This also looks great. Nice job.

yes, this sculpt is brilliant!

did a few more John Locke paint jobs this weekend. this is one I kept for myself.

I stuck him on a G1 body but I'll probably swap it out for a narrow shoulder TT when they come in.

_MG_3180.jpg

_MG_3181.jpg

_MG_3183.jpg

_MG_3186.jpg

_MG_3197.jpg

_MG_3201.jpg

_MG_3174.jpg

thanks for looking!
JJ

Back