"I looked into the eye of the island, and what I saw...was beautiful"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andy i think i can speak for us all when i say I LOVE YOU! lol seriously man. to even HAVE the oppurtunity to get these awesome sculpts you do is just insane man. im gonna have to break down and get this now. THANKS A TON!

Here's a quickie.... Bear in mind that I am NOT a painter! So go easy. :) This was quick and sloppy, it looks pretty messy in person. After painting it, I think the flesh resin is indeed too translucent. A little more opacity and I think it would be just right.

p.s. I cheated and added the eye glint in photoshop (didn't have any gloss coat on hand). ;)

Locke%20color%201%20copy.jpg

Quick and sloppy? That is amazing.

Definitely let us know if you work something out with Mike to offer the Flesh tone Lockes!

Andy:

"Quick and sloppy?" Dude, thanks for pointing out just how much we all suck! :lol Your paint job goes to what I was saying in my show-off thread. The main thing about the Locke sculpt is staying out of the way of the inspired sculpt. To my eye, it looks like you did just that and the results are stunning.

andy is like the tiger woods of the 1/6th world...................true story.:lecture

I don't think these will be available, but maybe that's a better question for Mike....? I'd be happy to custom tint a batch of resin for him if he wants to release a limited run of flesh colored Lockes or somethin'.

so, not at this time lerath.

yeah, i just read that... here's hoping miktek decides to do it. I'd actually pay a little more for one so i would not have to paint the skin, and run the risk of painting it poorly. I've not ordered one yet... as RL pooped on me a little bit before i did. ( damn doctor bills) I sent him a pm.... so here's hoping.

Just an update on my Locke! Got around to doing a bit of weathering...
Opinions, feedback suggestions??

101_1160.jpg

Just an update on my Locke! Got around to doing a bit of weathering...
Opinions, feedback suggestions??

I guess that fact that no one has commented on the compass, folding knife and sheath means that I did a decent job sculpting them? :naughty

Back