I hope I explain this well...concerning the Final Fantasy PFs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carbo-fation said:
Those are some amazing pieces. They look nice, but I've been eyeing another FFVII piece for a while, the one where Seph. and Cloud go towards each other on the pipe (scene from the new movie). Regardless, all of these look incredible would look great in every collection. Now if they could only make some awesome Chrono Trigger figs....

i had been eyeing this custom job of the small Advent Children Cloud that comes w/ his bike from the movie. somebody (machinist probably) had made an exact scale replica of the sword for that fig, and it came apart into all those lil swords and asembled the same way. then they'd taken the bike and made it to where the compartments were open and u could place every piece of the sword in it's own compartment on the bike. it was awesome. i saw a few sell on Yahoo Japan but they always sold for like $800- 1000 smackers. there's some rich Asian folks who love toys lol. i had a link to a vid clip of the guy putting together the sword but can't find it.

That bike sounds awesome Mooky! Too bad that's the first time I've heard of it. I really do want that diorama of Seph. and Cloud going at each other from Advent Children. It looks amazing!!

snakebeater said:
you mean him being backstabbed by his commanding officer in part one? him learning the true meaning to believe in something thats worth fighting for? and how much of a rookie he was in part 1? and how much he changed in part 2? I've played FF games... it's so mehhhhhhhhh me and my cousin debate all the time....

it has alot of character development... you just need to look for it.. especially in part 3... when he comes to realize how a solider is only a pawn for a politition... and even the greatest soldier can be used like if she was nothing... the boss I mean.

lol don't trip though kabuto, I think it's different perspectives and different likings... my cousin loves MGS... but he can't decide which is better... It's the same for me, but I think MGS tips over FF. Even thought they had Gackt in DoC.

That's what I mean by War Drama. The perspective is strictly from the Point of view of a soldier. While in FF you have many different types of characters giving many more personalities (Commoners, soldiers, ninjas, farmers, thieves, warrior chicks, whatever kind of characters) and views on the story. I never said MGS had no Character Development but it is definetly weaker when compared to FF games. That's not to say that MGS has bad character development but it's not as plentiful and from less spectrums. MGS also has a lot more political and social commentary as having a setting based around war but FF stories are a lot more personal and can relate to more audiences as it can pretty much be about anything. MGS is more gritty and mostly gritty there's the tragedy of war for some of the characters but FF can be all of that and more. It can be gritty, romantic, tragic, funny, anything. I also think MGS can be overly preachy at times but that's a given granted it's setting based on war in the real world. FF in my opinion focusing many times on the theme of dreams, friendship and love is more moving and heartfelt than much of the war drama and preachiness in MGS games.

It is definetly a matter of opinion as you say but if it's in the case of the general world than I say that FF wins out as it has a LOT more fans and is a much bigger deal than MGS from the industry point of view. This of course has nothing to do with the opinion of you or I, just based on statistic.

You disturb me with your obession over GACKT. I think he's alrite and he's a talented performer (not musician) but for me he's mainly to laugh at because of his over the top claims and attitude -_^

snakebeater said:
what we really need is a Snake (preferably Naked Snake/Big Boss) PF.... that I would buy.

Then you should hope Medicom or Konami starts doing their own version of PF -_^

carbo-fation said:
That bike sounds awesome Mooky! Too bad that's the first time I've heard of it. I really do want that diorama of Seph. and Cloud going at each other from Advent Children. It looks amazing!!

The Cloud and Sephiroth statues are nice. Main Problem is their kinda small. Look out for my gallery soon (hopefully) -_^

yup, small. I saw them at the con and it is not worth $200 or more i think for those 2 statues. I prefer the stand alone statues.

yeah you got a point there, two wayyy different genre of games...

lol I wouldn't care who does a PF snake... aslong as they do it right.

the main reason why I'm a fan of gackt because I like to laugh at how he dances or sways if you may say... rofl it cracks me up!! but I do like alot of his songs... especially back in his malice mizer days... before he became a sell out.

I have never seen those FFAC statues of Cloud and Sephiroth. I've seen different ones, though. Are those ones in the pictures not released yet or were they exclusive at a convention or something?

Omg those are AMAZING. But I'm still not sure about getting memorabiblia from FF:AC. I am a FFVII fan, but I thought the movie was just okay...

naria said:
I have never seen those FFAC statues of Cloud and Sephiroth. I've seen different ones, though. Are those ones in the pictures not released yet or were they exclusive at a convention or something?

The 1/4 scale Cloud and Sephiroth are not out yet. The Cloud vs Sephiroth Diorama was just released altho you need to buy Cloud and Sephiroth half separately to make the diorama.

BBTS has a preorder of these on their website. They just sold out on their preorders at.... Get ready for it... *gulp* 385 USD!

Indeed they are all a Must buy for me. I already have 2 Clouds on order. Can't wait to see who they do after Gabranth.

Can I ask why you have two? Going to flip one? hehe

Just curious. I personally only need one since I don't think they'll have an exclusive or variant of this. But it does look like an amazing piece!

Eli26 said:
Can I ask why you have two? Going to flip one? hehe

Just curious. I personally only need one since I don't think they'll have an exclusive or variant of this. But it does look like an amazing piece!

lol. I buy multiples of everything it's a bad habit. But for Cloud I'll most likely give the 2nd one to my girlfriend Since she really wants one. I'll most likely still have to have 2 if I like it a lot since I'm paranoid like that. I have friends at SE so it shouldn't be a probelm toget more if I really want.

There wont be an exclusive one. Out of the 3 shown I actually think Cloud is the worst looking one. Sure the sculpt is great but the pose is so bleh. Sephiroth and Gabranth have a lot more presence. I think they should have just had Cloud with the Complete First Tsurugi in a signature pose instead of giving him the Vendetta as well and just having him stand there holding both swords in such a static unemotional pose.

Back