I got some news I didn't wanna hear really tonight...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TwistedFreak if you ever want to talk you can PM me, heck I'll even give you my MSN. If that happened to my mother or girlfriend I don't know how I would deal. Also, I just lost a loved one (family member) that was very close to the family to lung cancer. Strangest thing, my late aunt hasn't smoked in years. I had to see her health degrade through the past few months. We lost her a few days prior to Christmas. She was an amazing woman and held on until the very end.

I really hope your mother makes it out of this okay. Atleast you guys now know what is the cause of her migranes. I'll pray for you guys.

Thank you! Thank you all for your kind words and condolences. My words cannot express my gratitude. You Freaks are amazing! This place is like a second family in some senses. Honestly. Words are not enough to express how thankful I am for all your kindness. And thanks to those of you that have shared your stories of your loved ones being in ill health.

Like Eli said. You already have me on msn messenger so hit me up if you have any questions, need advice, vent, whatever bro. I have many great friends here that have done the same for me during different trials and we'll all be here for you.

Tyler....my heartfelt wishes go to you and your family. You also have my MSN if you need to just blow off some steam and frustration.

May God bless you and your family. May you all find peace and clarity, and continue in hope. Help comes sometimes in unlikely places, and from people unexpected. You have a support system with us.

My family and I will pray for you and yours.

PM me when you wanna talk, Tyler. I'm always willing to give time to help my friends, and if you want to talk with a fellow brother, you know I'm here for you. Anything you need just ask, buddy. I want to help you as much as I can.

This is just heart wrenching news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you--please keep us updated when you can, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out!

All the best Tyler....sure puts action figure collecting into perspective. I wish your Mom a speedy recovery, they can work miracles nowadays.
Like Abstract and Dusty I send you positive vibes!

Sorry to hear this bad news indeed Tyler. Keep us updated regarding your mom's condition. For now, i know this is really hard for her to do, but tell her to not think about it because stress adds more to the condition she is in right now. The freaks brothers are here for you and your family man. I will pray for her.

*hug*

twistedfreak said:
So I had come home from work tonight. And just minutes after I had gotten in, my mom and grandma told me to come and sit down. They said that they had some serious news. I was told that my mom had gotten a call from her Neuroligist to say that in a catscan that was done on my moms head, that he had found a mass (tumour) in her pituitary gland which is just above the eyebrows at the top of the nose I think. It was hard. Mom was crying and all I could do was sit there in shock. :monkey2 Now, my mom has been suffering from ill health for the past couple of years. And the fact that she has been suffering from bad migraines is the reason that she had the catscan done. She already suffers from a condition called acute fibromyalgae. It affects the whole nervous system.

Anyways, back on topic. She needs to go and have an MRI done. That should be happening in the next 2-3 weeks. I guess that is because they need to find out exactly what it is that they are dealing with, and if it is a benign tumour or cancerous. I really hope that it does just turn out to be a benign tumour. Even though I am VERY worried, I remain optimistic. What they can do now is amazing with medicine. When the times get tough, you gotta get tough. I gotta hope for the best, and prepare for the worst.

Dude that sucks. My wife went through the same thing starting Nov. 05 and she had surgery in July, but still she has to be on medicine and a lot of things are out of whack in her system and she's only 24. It's tough no matter what the age, but the surgery was pretty simple when it comes to brain surgery I guess and the doctors were really good.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with all you guys. My Grandma has had bone marrow cancer for several years. She just got off the Chemo. That made her exceedingly happy.

Never give up. You don't know what's around the next corner.

You have my sympathies completely. My Dad just went through a bout of cancer himself and is finally recovering after chemo. You just need to stay strong and be there for her, always. I hope everything works out well.

I just got an update. We just found out that the tumour is 1.5 cm in diameter. It doesn't seem that big, but when I measured 1.5 cm on a tape measure, it seems big to be inside the head. So, the next step is an MRI. That should reveal whether or not it's benign or malignent. So, here's to hoping that it's benign. Once again, thank you everyone for the support. It means so much to me. Thank you! :grouphug

I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers, tf. Rough news. Man, oh man... health is everything. Hopefully, everything will work out and you guys get some positive news from this point forward.

Back