I dont get it, is numbered really worth a few hundred $$ more?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the Rivendell 300 and the Orthanc 400 at no extra cost. Who's paying more? If someone want's to pay more on the secondary market then that is different to buying on the original run from the manufacturer, isn't it? Once a piece is sold out at the manufacturer and more people want it then the price might increase dependant on what people are willing to shell out, at least that's how I think the market force works.

However, the value of a print or pin or number is in the buyers hands surely. Fortunately, our's is not to reason why.......

Numbered just means perceived exclusivity.

If I were to compare my collection to someone else's, I have a perceived leg up because I can claim that mine is an exclusive numbered edition, whereas someone else had an open edition. Whether that makes sense to a non-collector is really the perception. So, at the end of the day, it's all about oneupmanship.

If both started at the same price, then the numbered edition has a larger perceived value.

Whether you buy into the hype is up to you.

Numbered just means perceived exclusivity.

If I were to compare my collection to someone else's, I have a perceived leg up because I can claim that mine is an exclusive numbered edition, whereas someone else had an open edition. Whether that makes sense to a non-collector is really the perception. So, at the end of the day, it's all about oneupmanship.

If both started at the same price, then the numbered edition has a larger perceived value.

Whether you buy into the hype is up to you.

A leg up is fine as long as it's not followed by a leg over and WETA certainly seem to be virginal in dealing with thier fanbase :rotfl

A leg up is fine as long as it's not followed by a leg over and WETA certainly seem to be virginal in dealing with thier fanbase :rotfl

Not *quite* sure what this means!

But Weta are great at talking with their fans, asking them what they want to see next, and giving updates regularly.

Back