I DIDN'T GET N-ZONE SPIDEY THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
On the other hand, this Negative Zone variant is more unique. Has any other company done this version of Spidey in statue form before? It has also gotten more press than the Classic. For better or worse, the way these items went up today created a lot of reactions from fans. After going through all that trouble some folks may not want to part with this piece.

On top of all that, the base is different than all other versions and possibly interchangeable with the other 2 versions creating more display options. The Classic one is still very close to the regular red/blue so demand could go either way. It's a very different piece that may prove desirable if impressions are good when people receive them.

its a nice piece and the base is sweet but retro gets my money on ebay.
no two ways about it.

pitchin said:
If someone saw it in your collection and asked why spidey was that colour & who is he fighting, how many could honestly answer that question?

Majority of replies would be......"yes, but there's only 75 made" forgetting to add on "due to poor sales of the original spiderman the company had to think of a way of cutting their losses"

this is a good & correct point.

SS make a trick to sell in stock spideys and it obviously worked for good.
Congrats to SS for its marketing strategy.

but still they have hundreds of available spideys and I wonder what next extraordinary spiders we will see in future :rotfl

didn't get it cause i don't like the look. blue still looks best tho not great. came close to giving in to the temptation to flip it tho. so far i've had SSE Ardeth, Drac, and neg Spidey in my cart and didn't pull the trigger. just don't like the idea of messing up fellow collectors, but the money i see being made is tempting.

It looked better than I expected, may have bought it, but let it pass. Anyway, I now dread the variant onslaught. Who has room for all these large pieces?

I got one but I'm shamed to say that I got him to sell on. I don't want him.

eBay will soon be seeing mine.

I know that's not what people want to hear but I can't keep him and need the money.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

I didnt get one, nor did I try. I really dont like the looks of it. The Classic Spidey is the best of the three IMO.

pitchin said:
If someone saw it in your collection and asked why spidey was that colour & who is he fighting, how many could honestly answer that question?
I can say with absolute honesty that no one has ever asked such a bizarre question about anything in my collection. "Who is he fighting?" It's a statue. It isn't fighting anybody.

pitchin said:
Majority of replies would be......"yes, but there's only 75 made" forgetting to add on "due to poor sales of the original spiderman the company had to think of a way of cutting their losses"

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Well, now this is just starting to sound bitter. I've lost out on far more uber-limited pieces than I have scored, but I've always tried to be gracious and congratulate those who did manage to get one -- whether for themselves or for "evilbay".

RoboDad said:
I can say with absolute honesty that no one has ever asked such a bizarre question about anything in my collection. "Who is he fighting?" It's a statue. It isn't fighting anybody.

Well, now this is just starting to sound bitter. I've lost out on far more uber-limited pieces than I have scored, but I've always tried to be gracious and congratulate those who did manage to get one -- whether for themselves or for "evilbay".
Just wait Robodad. The first person who sees this will say it's a nice statue but who is he shooting his web at. Why would you want a statue of someone shooting at nobody. It's gonna happen.:D

PsychoCenobite said:
I got one but I'm shamed to say that I got him to sell on. I don't want him.

eBay will soon be seeing mine.

I know that's not what people want to hear but I can't keep him and need the money.

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

excellent honest answer..no need to be ashamed by that it's your money..at least there is no self justification..Just the plain truth..hope you get top dollar..=)

Bannister said:
Just wait Robodad. The first person who sees this will say it's a nice statue but who is he shooting his web at. Why would you want a statue of someone shooting at nobody. It's gonna happen.:D

not only that but w/ the classic and negs imagine how many times u'll have to explain why Spidey looks like that.

friend: "uhm, why the hell is your Spiderman black/black white?"

you: "well there's only 75 of them!"

:D

Mookeylama said:
not only that but w/ the classic and negs imagine how many times u'll have to explain why Spidey looks like that.

friend: "uhm, why the hell is your Spiderman black/black white?"

you: "well there's only 75 of them!"

:D

Or you can just take out the stash and say, " just snort this and you'll understand why......"

cocaine-snuiven-210-258.jpg

RoboDad said:

Not bitter at all, just giving an honest opinion, I had the classic spiderman but cancelled it, don't judge people by your own short-comings.

It's so obvious that these were created because hardly anyone bought the original piece, otherwise if they were going to do spidey variants, why not have 1:1 variant busts?

Just love how people that hated the sculpt of the blue/red spidey suddenly think this is awesome...........sucka :lol

pitchin said:
Just love how people that hated the sculpt of the blue/red spidey suddenly think this is awesome...........sucka :lol

Collectors that own it say this looks MUCH better in person (the pose is not as akward looking) and the black/red should have been the choice for the original release.

Most people don't factor in the size of the PF items. The large size amplifies poor color choices. That's why I am not convinced about Grey Hulk PF being better than the green as most people want to believe it is (again, low ES syndrome). The powder blue pants may be an issue but we'll see.

I still think the Spidey PF sculpt itself could have been much, much better in terms of execution. It's not as dynamic as the character demands it to be. I still dislike the blue/red look. :cool:

I think it's important to respect the reasoning why people collect in the first place. Some collect purely for love of the character, some may collect for edition size and rareness of item, and some collect for selling to fund thier collecting habit/hobby.

I think it's very smart what Sideshow has done in regards to Spiderman. They have created a buzz that may have been lacking from the previous Spiderman and just sold 150 PF Figures in a matter of minutes. I wasn't planning on buying a Spiderman but with the small edition size and new color I felt my $300 was well spent. I don't understand the gripes/complaints on Sideshow making a decision to make some changes to sell product. Do you actually think as a business they can afford to have hundreds of Spiderman PF figures sitting in a warehouse. Also...with all the speculation going on nobody can say for sure whether all this was planned from the start or was a result of the original Spiderman not selling through like they thought. Spiderman certainly lends itself to multiple costume changes.

I'm actually hoping for a Black Symbiote costume choice as well.

Pitchin, visually the black & red was more appealing to me that the blue & red.

I now own a Spiderman I love over a Spiderman I never would have bought. Plus....who's the one who just cancelled a Classic Spiderman that's already gone up 100% in value.

ummm....your calling others a sucker :D

Kookie said:
Pitchin, visually the black & red was more appealing to me that the blue & red.

I now own a Spiderman I love over a Spiderman I never would have bought. Plus....who's the one who just cancelled a Classic Spiderman that's already gone up 100% in value.

ummm....your calling others a sucker :D

only if your obsessed with the value of your collection

Back