I cancelled my mumak...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Muffin

Having named him, I'm still keeping an open mind :p :lol :yay

TC :bonk :eye :bonk

Re: ,

im cancelling mine too - its a freaking elephant for God's sake -- i can buy a life size one at toysrus for less.

I'm cancelling mine for the simple reason that I want something else more for the amount of money it costs! :rock

I have to say that I agree with Josh as far as seeing the Mumak in person . In the past I have passed up many statues based on the pictues I saw of them , but then I would go to a friends house and get a look at them in person , and I usually ended up buying them shortly after . The entire Helm set is one of those instances for me . I originally had no interest in them , but then I saw Figwits and Adams collections , and now I own most of them . I did cancel the Mumak with Sideshow . I am a bit bothered by the pose , as I would have prefered a healthy , upright , charging Mammoth , but IMO this piece has character and emotion all of its own , and I do still like it . I cancelled mine strictly because of the price . It is true that I have yet to see it in person , and therefore I may not be able to judge its value , and I am expecting to be impressed , but I know for a fact I can get it for atleast $40 less by not ordering through Sideshow . I personaly understand the complaints on both sides , we just need to figure out for ourselves what works best .

:wave

Re: !

He likes it and you all don't, ugm, so move on already.....

right, so he can stop trying to talk people into liking it... :rolleyes

Thats another thing we wouldn't want a bunch of Harad Soldiers looking not so hot. The WK on the ML doesn't look outsanding but its not the worst thing I've ever seen. The Harad though would have looked like that and man you all know the type of complaints we would get from that don't ya.

Actually, I think they might be worse. The Mumak is one piece a lot of people wanted so ugly little Harad on a piece that everyone wanted so bad could be Atomicly bad.

im glad in a way you guys are cancelling.....

looks like ebay will be cheap and then i can have 2....

I reacon this is an awesome piece and was a must have for me

Would be nice to have 3 or 4 elephants all in different poses....

Michael

Actually, this is one piece I wouldn't mind having two of myself.

YAWN.................

right, so he can stop trying to talk people into liking it...

Ok, bite it real hard and let it go already, PLEASE...:thwak

Re: YAWN.................

Wow popular thread today....I'm cancelling the battle troll because I have the original..the battle didnn't appear taller than any of the uruk's, so it just seems too out of scale for my collection - but that's me. It's definately a nice piece. As far as the muffin goes it's again a scale issue which is why I haven't gotten the watcher or fell beast. One that I don't have on order but will DEFINATELY get is Sauron...he looks awesome in person.

For those of u considering the Kong/Rex piece it's amazing but HUGE...I have no idea how to display it..but I want it :evil

If you want to see some really crazy pieces check out www.cinemaquette.com 1/3rd scale terminator, Aliens, and an Aragon that looks amazing...evidently they're also doing a Legolas and a Gandolf...I saw the Aragon and the likeness seems spot on.

Re: !

I'll get this one. The size doesn't bother me.
I think the sculpt is stunning.

WTF...Cinemaquette Aragorn.?

I saw the Aragon and the likeness seems spot on.

Well, you can't have seen the one, I saw then. :x :lol :puke

cancelled mumak

I didn't cancel the mumak because of the sculpt - It's nice, and looks like a great piece, but if it was half the price (or even $100 cheaper) then I would probably keep it.

It's a gut feeling for me - a piece just grabs me right in the guts, and then I know I want it, and will always be happy with it. I was really expecting the mumak to give me that "gut" feeling, but it didn't - just a little disappointed with the pose. The wallet also certainly comes into play as well.

Anyway, I'm sure I will enjoy the battle troll.

:toast

Scriff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back