I cancelled my mumak...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ,

Yeah, go ahead and cancel but you all that are doing so or not liking the piece really don't have all the facts. This is awesome and really pretty dam big. I expect we will see a lot of crow being eaten come Q4.

I cant fault anybody for cancelling a piece, esp if they are not 100% sure on it. $300 can be a big chunk of one's paycheck plus with so many other things sideshow is releasing that are outstanding. It becomes a choose and pick type thing.

I like this statue BUT $300 can help with something I REALLY want ie Doom and Predator that Iam 100% sure of. And I can only hope later that I will be able to pick this one up.

Yeah, yeah...We didn't attend comic con so we didn't see it in person and we don't have all the facts. :lecture Well, I have enough facts.

On the slight chance I will be eating crow, I will enjoy my serving next year while staring at my 1/4 Predator.

I will enjoy my serving next year while staring at my 1/4 Predator

Your telling me!!:rock I cant wait!!! Have him with the helmet on and have the other head placed as a bust somewere! Thats the cool thing with this it comes with a display stand for the other head.

I also canceled it after seeing the pictures from SDCC.
seems like it's slightly bigger than Shelob.
I'm keeping PJ statue, though. :dance

(edit)spell

Yeah, yeah...We didn't attend comic con so we didn't see it in person and we don't have all the facts. Well, I have enough facts

I'm just saying I think a lot of you all giving it the axe will kick yourselves if it doesn't drop alot. I just don't believe those not liking it don't have enough facts to know just how cool and BIG it is.

On the slight chance I will be eating crow, I will enjoy my serving next year while staring at my 1/4 Predator.

I think there is more than a slight chance!!! THe 1/4th Predator is awesome!! You'll love it!! He is just way to much out of my range to get though I would love to figure a way to get him. You having a 1/4th Predator isnt a big deal though.

I also canceled it after seeing the pictures from SDCC.
seems like it's slightly bigger than Shelob.

Its much bigger than Shelob. Actually, Shelob doesn't even come close to the size of the Mumak.

I just love that Muffin has been officially announced as the Mumak's name! :rollin Thanks TC!!!!! :banana

You having a 1/4th Predator isnt a big deal though.

It's a big deal to me. Which is why I am putting the $300 towards it rather than spending it on muffin. There's got to be a trade off for me as I have a budget. For me, Muffin was an easy choice for the chopping block.

Now all I need is a 1/4 Major Dutch Schaeffer to go with my Predator. :rock

I really like the Mumak/Muffin but specifically passed on the pre-order from Sideshow in order to wait for the flood. I missed out on pre-ordering from our regular online shops at the better pricing, so flood it is for me.

I think Josh may have a point about the amount crow being eaten come this winter. This one is going to blow people away once it starts shipping. I think it's one of those pieces that has to be seen in person to really appreciate it.

The price is pretty steep, especially with the flood of items coming down the pike but I think it will be one of the more popular statues in the end.

I know its a big deal 2 U. Thats not what I meant. It came across as its a big deal to everyone that you own it. Like I said the 1/4th scale Predator is a very awesome piece and one to own if you can swing it. For me I just wouldn't trade any LOTR item for it.

I'm not getting the Mumak either, even though it's a creature which is all I collect from LotR. I'm not fond of the dying pose.

But the Balrog is 25 lbs? Is that right? The "footprint" on Muffin is larger, but if that weight is correct I guess she doesn't have more poly.

I think Josh may have a point about the amount crow being eaten come this winter. This one is going to blow people away once it starts shipping. I think it's one of those pieces that has to be seen in person to really appreciate it.

Thats exactly what I'm saying. You really gotta see Aragorn @ The Black Gates, Legolas/Gimli, and the Mumak specifically in person to see how cool they are. I really believe anyone just dismissing them based on early photos will kick themselves if they can't get them cheaper.

I'm not getting the Mumak either, even though it's a creature which is all I collect from LotR. I'm not fond of the dying pose.

Yeah, the dying pose is the turnoff I really understand with people. Its not something you expect or most would like. Something about it grabs me and especially after getting my Harad from Adam last week something is kind of cool about the dying pose. Seeing the pose on the Mumak in person gives a better understanding of it at least for me and my little pea brain.

I know its a big deal 2 U. Thats not what I meant. It came across as its a big deal to everyone that you own it.

Hey Josh,

I can't help that you think that way. I don't buy statues to impress people. I buy what I enjoy. Sorry dude, that's your own warped way of thinking.

My point was that I'd rather put the $300 towards my 1/4 predator than towards the Mumak. I'm cancelling other items as well to pay for the 1/4 predator.

I can't help that you think that way. I don't buy statues to impress people. I buy what I enjoy. Sorry dude, that's your own warped way of thinking.

Its not how I think its how it came across. Same here I buy what I enjoy and am passtionate about not just to collect. Again, it wasn't a warped way of thinking it was how your post came across or how you really feel. ;)

Anyways on to better topics

Seriously, you guys have no concept of what it looks like until you see it in person. I didn't even tell my wife that I had it on order already and when she saw it she said, "You're getting that right?" She was impressed and so was I! Not sure if she knows that it is $300 though! :rollin

She was impressed and so was I! Not sure if she knows that it is $300 though!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Scott after meeting your wife I think she will understand, but you have a nice soft couch just incase right? :rollin

I'm keeping my order on this one. It will go nice with the Balrog, Cave Troll, horse rider statues, and other key statues. It's not as big as Id like it to be but it is amazing in person.

Its not how I think its how it came across. Same here I buy what I enjoy and am passtionate about not just to collect. Again, it wasn't a warped way of thinking it was how your post came across or how you really feel.

You mean how it came across to you. And yet you continue to judge people's intentions based on your warped interpretation, especially on a public forum. It's wrong and you shouldn't do it.

Bodie, where's the popcorn?

I preordered the mumakil but will likely cancel my order too esp when the ebay flood drives the price down. after reading all these notes and comments, i agreetaht it doesnt deserve the $300 price tag. maybe $200 or $225. the detail is good but the scale is smaller and just a bit bigger than the gamesworkshop one. if i do good in painting the one i have then, i might just get 2 0r 3 more and convert in various poses.

sigh... and to think the line has ended...not so much with a bang...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back