I cancelled my mumak...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ,

You mean how it came across to you. And yet you continue to judge people's intentions based on your warped interpretation, especially on a public forum. It's wrong and you shouldn't do it.

Yeah, thats how it came across to me. What I'm supposed to use someone elses brain or thoughts to make an opinion based on what I read? How is it warped to think that based on how I took it that you where pumping yourself up? Its wrong to inpterpret things based on how I take them? Thats interesting. So I should be a mindless veggie.

the detail is good but the scale is smaller and just a bit bigger than the gamesworkshop one.

The GW piece is crap compared to this thing. Really, You all don't know whats coming with this thing.

People stop scrapping like cats over nuthin!!! I cancelled mine as well and might go for the Kong T Rex statue so one way or the other I'll be ok with it!!! If they made Faramir now that would be a different story.................hee hee!!!:lol

Hey its all good on my end. I'm not the one with the problem ;) If your getting something you want more thats fine with me but keep space ready for this guy. He is gonna be one a lot will want when it comes time.

I don't care what it looks like "in person". I don't like it. and I doubt seeing it in person will change my mind, nothing has so far...

Basically, I don't care for the pose, or the fact that the rigging on top is bare empty.

If it turns out I "missed out", oh well, too bad for me I guess.

This is one of the pieces I really wanted too.

Oh well, I'll save myself $300...

Am I right in thinking that most people cancel the Mumak more because of the stance than anything else? It's a shame really, because I truly believe that Weta made the Mumak only because the Freaks were screaming for one. (Unfortunately, we didn't scream louder for Faramir or we might have got him instead.)

I was never interested in a war elephant, let alone a dying one. The Mumak in the film tore another one down in the process of falling. Where is it? :ar And $300 is way too much money for just one down-sized Oliphant IMO.

josh collects what he likes, but is turned off by the pose of the Mumak...

but he's playing Cpt Savahoe for this piece...?

josh collects what he likes, but is turned off by the pose of the Mumak...

I didn't say I was turned off by the pose. I said I can understand why some are it doesn't turn me off. I actually like it even more so after getting my Harad Statue.

I think its too much and dont like the pose. But, according to Josh, I WILL like it in person.
Makes tons of sense, considering the pose is the same in person.
And also, you were giving it to WetaWork about 'showing off' that he is getting a 1/4 Predator, it seems to me your showing off that you went to Comic Con by saying how awesome they all are in person.
Just get over the fact not everyone loves every statue, and quit telling people they will love it, when infact, they probably wont.

I am beginning to think that some people only read these threads to find things to attack Josh about, lets grow up folks. If you have issues with someone personally that's fine, but attacking someone by following up on another's comments is just childish. We know that certain people have issues with others, but reading these comments in every single thread is getting old. :x

Hear hear!!! Isn't all of this collecting lark supposed to be fun anyway????

Sometimes I wonder if SSW decided to just play a big cruel joke on us during their last production days. We screamed for a Pippin and end up with a Pippin in an awful cringing pose--even with an ES of 2000, it took quite awhile to sell out...poor thing.

We screamed for a Mumak and end up with one on its last legs.

On the flipside, after having seen the Aragorn and Legolas in person, I think I will be getting them. The mumak, on the other hand, was worse than I expected =/ Those pictures on Sideshow's site have better color contrast and saturation.

!

I am beginning to think that some people only read these threads to find things to attack Josh about, lets grow up folks. If you have issues with someone personally that's fine, but attacking someone by following up on another's comments is just childish. We know that certain people have issues with others, but reading these comments in every single thread is getting old.

Well said M..............:bow :bow

He likes it and you all don't, ugm, so move on already.....:help

Re: !

Yea, that's why I don't post often, cuz half the time I wanna post something really nasty after one of Josh's posts...

I'm thinking of cancelling mine aswell, the pose could have been
so much better, It's a pity this was one I was looking forward to
and hopping for the most. Now I would take the Rex vs. Kong over this
anyday, like the other guy said who wants a Mumak on it's its last legs.

Im with you one this one TB.

I think I'll cancel mine and go for the Kong Statue:p

WG :lvader

Yeah, it definitely looks to be the better of the two, better value for money as well. :hat

The Kong piece is really nice but right now it may just be a tad out of reach for me. If a few things go my way that might change but till then I will just have to sit back and wait for this one. For me personally the Mumak is the better piece for my money but the Kong piece is :jaw

I really like the dying pose of the state. It's not as cool as a charging Mumak would have been but I like it much better than the one on the Gollum dvd. I watched the dvd again and the statue is larger but is just standing there in a daze. Very very dull. What I like about this one is even though it's dying, at least it's not a still pose, it's actually in the middle of battle. Plus with the slits on the front legs, I personally look at it as the Mumak that Eowyn and Merry took down which adds a bit of coolness to the statue.

I think the reason the statue has that "empty" feeling is because of the missing Haradhrim. BUT I think even if we would have gotten a different pose and it was a few inches larger, it wouldn't have included any Haradrim figures so it would have that empty feeling regardless. Weta probably learned their lesson with all the complaints about the poor looking Morgul Lord that sits on the Fell Beast (great statue besides the Morgul Lord) and decided not to attempt that with small scale Haradrim. They have too much detail to sculpt in such a small scale.

I'm keeping my order and I can't wait to get it. This is one of the statues I'm looking forward to the most. I don't have the original Balrog or Cave Troll so this statue is going to be one of my big ones.

I'd like to get the Kong vs. T-Rex as well but I want to wait to see what I think of the movie first before I get it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back