Hurricane Sandy/Frankenstorm

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, as of right now, here in Ohio we're not suppose to get snow. In my area we're just supposed to have rain showers off and on for the next 3 days.

IMG_1736.jpg

started preparations here in NYC

My guys were kind of close to the window I'm moving them all into the den along work whatever else is valuable last year I spent a day packing em all up like u did but it was such a joke. This year moving them onto my shelves with my art books in the den and not putting em in the boxes is good enough.

Working overnight tonight and tomorrow night in southeast PA. This is going to suck.

It's been raining for the past few days straight but now the rain is getting heavier and the wind is picking up. Sidewalks are starting to flood a little bit too.

Most of the patio furniture is put away for the winter but I took down my basketball net today so it didn't land on my truck- they're predicting winds higher than 90km/h! :panic:

Several coastal cities in New York have reportedly given the mandatory evacuation.

Coney Island, the Rockaways, Brighton Beach, Red Hook and some parts of lower Manhattan along the East River.

You guys secure your family and pets. Be smart out there.

My guys were kind of close to the window I'm moving them all into the den along work whatever else is valuable last year I spent a day packing em all up like u did but it was such a joke. This year moving them onto my shelves with my art books in the den and not putting em in the boxes is good enough.

I did that with the ones without boxes, I'm in a basement apartment so I needed to raise what I could.

Getting windy here in Boston. But I'm at a Zen Center with no TV to tell me what's up. Guess I'll have to check the Internet to find out the path. Really don't want to get stranded here. My flight is Wednesday and my puppy is sick and needs me back in Vegas...

:(

^perfect name to be posting in this thread:lol so far so good, a little wind and no rain yet, wonder if going to work tommorrow is a worth it.

Ps sorry about your pup:(

Thanks Skull. Been kinda really sad this whole trip. Sucks, but it's been planned for a long time, and is part of school. I'm hoping for the best, but with potentially two full days of flights cancelled in front of mine...

I picked the perfect week to use my last week of vacation . my facility will be open through this oncoming mess. Im glad I can stay home and keep an eye on the house instead of worrying about the flooding from afar. Good Luck And Stay Safe Fellow North Easterners !

do any of you ever fear like a very windy storm like this might uproot metal signs and as you are walking that thing comes flying at you and slices you its been a fear of mine since kindergarden

I'm here in Northern Va. All of our caterings have cancelled for today. Gotta feeling we will close up for tomorrow. Stopping on way home to get makings for Dark and Stormies. :) Seems appropriate. :lecture

Back