Humanoid 8.0 Female Action Figure Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally am happy to see this. The mego body had it's issues. I love the 1/9 scale. Would love to see it clothed with a tight suite on.
In fact I think in many ways 1/9 is superior to 1/6 when doing superheros. I don't think comic book style 1/6 heros look right most times. 1/6 is great for realism, not so great with cloth comic heros.

175750055.jpg

I'm not greatly familiar with Mego, I only recently starting getting into those kind of figures and only own a couple so far, but among collectors there does seem to be a lot of customizing, there is a demand for bodies, clothing, etc, no different than what you see in 1/6.

Just check here for one example of customs people are making in this scale:

https://www.megomuseum.com/custom/jamesbrady.shtml

Check the galleries in the sidebar for many more examples.

There is a world out there, beyond what you buy and what personally interests you. I have seen it.

Thank you for pointing that out. What I'm trying to do with this project is to take what's currently being done in the 1/9 scale and move it to the next level, both in terms of what's being offered in complete figures and customizing options. This scale is pretty much, if not completely, dominated by the retro MEGO designs and I'd like to see it go beyond that. Everything has to start somewhere and if I had the funds to offer multiple bodies, heads, clothing and accessories I would but it's just not possible at this time.

I personally am happy to see this. The mego body had it's issues. I love the 1/9 scale. Would love to see it clothed with a tight suite on.
In fact I think in many ways 1/9 is superior to 1/6 when doing superheros. I don't think comic book style 1/6 heros look right most times. 1/6 is great for realism, not so great with cloth comic heros.

Catgirl.jpg

YvonneTrekkie.jpg

Oh I get it, now Captain Kirk has a new Ensign Expendable to bone when he gets tired of Uhura. :lol

i like the idea of a 1/6 hot toys/etc figure but much smaller, as an aside to that scale. this figure looks good, is it for sale?

I'm not greatly familiar with Mego, I only recently starting getting into those kind of figures and only own a couple so far, but among collectors there does seem to be a lot of customizing, there is a demand for bodies, clothing, etc, no different than what you see in 1/6.

Just check here for one example of customs people are making in this scale:

https://www.megomuseum.com/custom/jamesbrady.shtml

Check the galleries in the sidebar for many more examples.

There is a world out there, beyond what you buy and what personally interests you. I have seen it.

Nice link. Love Derek Combs stuff. Original Enforcers for his Spidey stuff and doing Mystery Inc plus some of their villains, what an awesome collection hes made.

Back