Hulkbuster Comiquette @ spooktacular?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cancelled wolverine for hulkbuster!!!!!i know i failed but iron man rocks!!

Did anyone knows how true to the comics this HulkBuster is? The foot looks a little odd. I am thinking the Bowen's HulkBuster foot looks better. The HulkBuster from WWH looks no where near like this version. Someone have a comic pics of this SS's HulkBuster? I wonder if I should buy it to keep the up-coming Hulk comiquette company. Plenty of time to decides now that alot of people canceled. :D

All right a lot of questions in this short post.

This IS NOT the Hulkbuster that fought the Hulk. That would be the Hulkbuster I which was an add on the 90s Modular Armor.

hulk-ironman.jpg

What this is, is the Argonauts armors from the extremis storyline.

15dwe87.jpg

So essentially you have that to equal this:

Marvel-x-Sideshow-Collectibles-Hulkbuster-Iron-Man-6.jpg

The World War Hulk version is the Hulkbuster II

4pxpwdy.jpg

Which is why it looks nothing alike because its a different Mark and Model.

So essentially SSC's Comiquette will give you the Drone version of the Hulkbuster which Bowen has done as well and never actually saw battle against The Hulk.

4136d1268836504-new-3-3-4-iron-man-2-figures-hulkbuster.jpg

The reason why it looks similar to the Modular HB is because when Marvel Legends introduced their version of the Hulkbuster, it was very loosely based on the Modular armor exo-suit from issue 304. While a great idea, the art and design on the Hulkbuster from the comics left much to be desired, so they pretty much reinvented it for themselves. This figure had the flip-up helmet, with a smiling Tony Stark inside. That is what inspired Adi Granov for his Drone and even though Tony never wore it (it was intended to be an independent force), both Bowen and SSC copied the ML idea in idealizing it.

i cancelled wolverine for hulkbuster!!!!!i know i failed but iron man rocks!!

I have both on order and I also think this piece has more cool factor than the wolverine.

:rock :rock :rock

And thanks to Mike again for the explanation, I was starting to wonder why SSC's version of the Hulkbuster had Tony Stark inside. Getting billed for this baby tomorrow! I hope I receive it quickly considering I live only 30 minutes away from Thousand Oaks.

Is it just me or does the figure look better proportionately than the comiquette? I also like the proportions on the cover art. Something still doesn't seem right about the comiquette.

Wish i didnt cancel this but it was either this or punisher and i think i made the right choice bc i can get this later for essentially the same price

Is it just me or does the figure look better proportionately than the comiquette? I also like the proportions on the cover art. Something still doesn't seem right about the comiquette.

I can deal with that rather than the Mark VI 's thunder thighs...

Wish i didnt cancel this but it was either this or punisher and i think i made the right choice bc i can get this later for essentially the same price

Punisher turned out to be an amazing piece. I'm considering picking one up after seeing everyone receive theirs. As long as you pick up a HB down the line, its all that matters! :rock

Yeah I thought we were getting billed today, nothing has hit my account yet. It was too much to hope to have in hand by the weekend.

This IS NOT the Hulkbuster that fought the Hulk. That would be the Hulkbuster I which was an add on the 90s Modular Armor.

The reason why it looks similar to the Modular HB is because when Marvel Legends introduced their version of the Hulkbuster, it was very loosely based on the Modular armor exo-suit from issue 304. While a great idea, the art and design on the Hulkbuster from the comics left much to be desired, so they pretty much reinvented it for themselves. This figure had the flip-up helmet, with a smiling Tony Stark inside. That is what inspired Adi Granov for his Drone and even though Tony never wore it (it was intended to be an independent force), both Bowen and SSC copied the ML idea in idealizing it.
My take on this is to have the Sideshow comiquette as the Argonaut drone, and eventually get the Bowen version as the Hulkbuster, since my collection is overwhelmingly 1:6.

Back