HULK PF PIC!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JSAuctionService said:
Did the Hulk ever have eyebrows in any of the comics? :confused:

JS :confused:

At first glance I thought the same, but there are no brows.

I can care less for Hulk stuff, but this really does look superb.

NSFolsom said:
7138_press03-001.jpg
Ok, the head looks pretty good from this angle. My bad for jumping the gun, and judging it on a single pic.

WetaWork said:
:rolleyes:

Such ignorance...

It's comments like this that remind me of the kind of remarks I see from immature kids giving their opinions in video game forums. All you can say is crap, crap with no constructive criticisms.
Sure ............... And what is your view of this piece?? Mr. Mature??

SolidLiquidFox said:
Anyone else see the Hulk and think:

"who stole his hoola hoop?"
:rotfl
he does look like he's waiting on the starting gun for the hoola hoop marathon

.. but he's still freakin sweet!!! haha

Actually, Hulk was first gray. Due to problems in the printing process he was depicted as green.

Later on he was written as gray with intelligence. Most memorable run is during the Todd McFarlane era.

The Gray Hulk PF is classic and a hell of an exclusive. However, I do admit the green one will probably look better. I don't know how the gray with blue pants will look in that scale.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I don't know how the gray with blue pants will look in that scale.
thats exactly why Im not ordering either til I see the Gray pics. The preview looks awesome. BUt Im only ordering 1. Still not sure which.

Is this Hulk based off any particular comic? It seems he's a combination of some sort.

Viking28 said:
SS Hulk beats Bowen's Hulk.

I agree...the paint on the Bowen Hulk blows IMO...paint on the SS Hulk is great as well as the sculpt...It's just not my cup o tea..In fact call me picky...but I've yet to see a Hulk that I REALLY want....the SS Hulk is by far the best...but my wait continues...correct me if I am wrong...but the issues of The Incredible Hulk I have...when the Hulk was grey....he was smaller than when he was green and he was much smarter....:confused:

Hey y'all,

I'm just returning from out of town, sorry I'm late to the game.... Thanks for all the compliments! I won't post much here about the big lug (I think we'll post something more in-depth in the blog soon), but I wanted to address some of the concern about the expression. It should be noted that the 2 close-up shots on Sideshow's preorder page are taken from very low angles, and greatly exaggerate the mouth area as a focal point of the face. In reality (as glimpsed in the full-body shots) the head is gazing downward quite a bit, so as to emphasize the upward glare of his eyes, etc. The drooping mouth is not quite that overwhelming in person, believe me. Regardless, I did base the head sculpt very closely on an old Kirby pinup that I've always loved, as pictured below.... In fact I copied the pinup almost directly, but added a bit of my own style and obviously the trademark Sideshow-realism (skin pores, etc). As has been guessed already, I'm a huge Kirby fan and really wanted to give something to the old-school fans with this piece.... I LOVE the raging-Hulks, but that's a side of the Hulk that's already portrayed in almost every other Hulk collectible on the market.

Anyway, that's all I'll say for now.... There are many more progress-shots and info to be shared, but I'll save that for the blog. Here's a couple tidbits to chew on in the meantime....

Thanks again!

kirbyhulk%20copy.jpg

hulk%20head%201.jpg

Hulk%20close%201.jpg

amazing detail and i think the look is very iconic looking. like you said, it is definitely unique compared to what is out on the market right now with the old school face.

FrankenFan said:
Just... um... incredible, Andy! King Kirby would have been proud!

More PF Hulk pics and other Sideshow product on display at SDCC at RebelScum.com.

That pic is fantastic !!!! hes like, going to get really really mad...all that boiling rage...

Last edited:
Back