Hugh Jackman as Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How satisfied are you with Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine in the X-Men movies?

• 5 - Stars

Votes: 110 56.7%
  • 4 Stars

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • 3 Stars

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • 2 Stars

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1 Star

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
He is too tall and too glamorous to be Wolverine. I like him and I think he's a great actor, but he isn't the comic Wolverine. He's too good looking and not stocky enough to be him, either. That said, He does play a great character called Wolverine in the movies that is not the same as the comic Wolverine, that basically replaces the comic Wolverine. He is entertaining in the role even though he is not enough like the Comic Wolverine. considering that they made Nick Fury and the Kingpin black, I suppose they could have had Wesley Snipes play Wolverine instead, except that he already played Blade, who is another Marvel character. Oh, wait, didn't Chris Evans play The Human Torch BEFORE he played Captain America? There isn't much comic accuracy or even character continuity in the Marvel movies....

Last edited:
He nailed the role perfectly.

I get the height issue - its one the reasons he's named Wolverine after all- but the truth is in most films height is not normally perceived by the audience (partly because short people stand on boxes to get their head in frame for two shots), and even in the comics it is rarely commented on. I know many fans who were completely oblivious to the fact that Wolverine was supposed to be short.

As for muscles. few people are as well muscled as the guys in the comics. Comic figures are drawn in unrealistic proportions, and that's always going to make it hard to find the perfect actor to portray them.

He nailed the role perfectly.

I get the height issue - its one the reasons he's named Wolverine after all- but the truth is in most films height is not normally perceived by the audience (partly because short people stand on boxes to get their head in frame for two shots), and even in the comics it is rarely commented on. I know many fans who were completely oblivious to the fact that Wolverine was supposed to be short.

As for muscles. few people are as well muscled as the guys in the comics. Comic figures are drawn in unrealistic proportions, and that's always going to make it hard to find the perfect actor to portray them.

:exactly: You are smart.

:exactly: You are smart.

True, What the hell do people think, they are actually going to find actors with the proportions of comic book drawings?? Stick with the comic books then I guess. If you look at the actual statistics of some its funny, I think Peter Parker was like 160 lbs 5,10" or something. Not many comics make him look like he is 160lbs. Would you really want a 5.3" 300 lb guy instead of a skilled actor like HJ because its more like a comic book drawing?? Im pretty sure I wouldn't lol. If you don't like Hugh as an actor I guess i can understand not everyone will have the same likes.

True, What the hell do people think, they are actually going to find actors with the proportions of comic book drawings?? Stick with the comic books then I guess. If you look at the actual statistics of some its funny, I think Peter Parker was like 160 lbs 5,10" or something. Not many comics make him look like he is 160lbs. Would you really want a 5.3" 300 lb guy instead of a skilled actor like HJ because its more like a comic book drawing?? Im pretty sure I wouldn't lol. If you don't like Hugh as an actor I guess i can understand not everyone will have the same likes.

Christopher Reeve was an unknown when he accepted the role as Superman, and I would say that that was perhaps the best comic book casting of all time. Thus far, casting an unknown has yielded the best casting results so far.

Christopher Reeve was an unknown when he accepted the role as Superman, and I would say that that was perhaps the best comic book casting of all time. Thus far, casting an unknown has yielded the best casting results so far.

Christopher Reeves played a good Superman for the time it was filmed, it also was a pretty big budget movie with a great supporting cast and good writing. I don't think he made the movie. Also, what was there to compare it to? A diverse actor should be able to play a lot of different roles well. Hugh Jackman really wasn't that well-known here when he was cast, he is just a good enough actor to have been offered other roles and not just typecast in that character.

I think Bixby is still the best, but I haven't seen Ruffalo, so I can't comment.

But somebody will now post the exact opposite, Norton was good but Bana :slap I've seen it before.

Haha true, I really didn't care for Norton's Banner at all. I love his acting but it just didn't seem like the right part for him, IMO Ruffalo looks much more the part, although will have to wait to see it Friday!!!!

But somebody will now post the exact opposite, Norton was good but Bana :slap I've seen it before.

really? :wink1: i've seen both films, except i lost interest and didn't watch the end of the Norton one.
Eric Bana imo suited the character, Norton didn't... when i see him i think Fight Club & American History X both great films :clap
Ruffelo is the best movie Banner yet! :hi5:

He is fine as Wolverine, now the production of him is a different story. It honestly would not have been that difficult to make him appear shorter.

DSC_0051.jpg

:monkey3

I think Bixby is still the best, but I haven't seen Ruffalo, so I can't comment.

LOVE Bill Bixby!

Ruffalo will be in this Avenger movie people are talking about. Can't wait for summer 2012! :wink1:

Love Jackman as Wolverine, but i have to ignore his 'tallness' to enjoy the character.

Last edited:
I like Jackman but for those who think he's too tall......

meh.ro9468.jpg

....then again he would make a perfect Puck! : )

I think Jackman is great ( 5 Stars) ...though, it would be sweet if Weta Workshop stepped in and hobbitize him a little!

I gave a four...acting great but he's on the tall and thin side...Sonny Landham I think would have been good 30 years ago but he was tall too

Back