HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Sure:

100_1838_640x480.jpg

100_1743_800x480.jpg

Those were the closest I could find. (I know not completely side on). As you can see, still sticks out a bit from the side, (as it is wave 1 and also I did not sand as much as I wanted to, as I have no dremel), but the chest piece fits closer and lower to the body now, so looks better dead on. :)

Here's how it looked pre and post mod:

100_1325_640x480.jpg

100_1370_640x480.jpg

How far can the chest be shaved before the plastic has worn through... is there a limit how flat it can go?

It still looks ace though, I wonder if it could ever go as flat as the film... or I'd imagine it would require an entire new mold of the chest piece.

2851537310_5a9ab26dac_b.jpg

I reckon it could probably get about 4-5mm smaller on mine. Doesn't sound much, but would really show in this scale.

Perhaps when I buy another one and know I have one 'secure' I will go back to this one. The glues I used is handy like that, I can separate it really easily.

The first pic with the Takara cape almost looks spot on, it looks ace. If the lower part could be pulled in a bit more I'd think it would be perfect.

As if it was pulled in from getting shaved down some more, then the gap thats currently there would now be like:

I think it's that huge gap thats killing the stock look.

Ok guys, with MPCHI's advice, I used a pair of True Type hip and thighs, and transplanted them on to the Dark Knight torso and lower legs:

BatRepair1.jpg

I had some difficulty getting the abdomen tension spring in place....that required using 2 flat head screwdrivers as a makeshift pry bar to fit in place.

I also use this opportunity to shave the back and underside of the buttocks....this allows the legs to be brought back about 10 degrees from neutral, like a normal human being can.

I then slipped the repaired body into the Batsuit. With the cuts to the neck area and buttocks, my Dark Knight figure can now get into this, more life-like pose:

BatRepair2.jpg

Sorry for providing such a rushed picture, I'm just giddy with joy that my Batman figure can be played with once again :D

Thanks again to MPCHI for his help!!!!

BOBBY

UPDATE-Hot Toys just responded to my e-mail and said they would repair the body if I sent it to Hong Kong. I sent them a picture of the repairs effected already and asked for replacement True Type hip and thighs instead, so I use the spare body for future projects.

Seeing this post brings me a big smile. :D Glad I can help. Nice pics too.

HT did use some lubricant on the body to make it easier to slip on the rubber suit. Not a lot, but you can feel the TDK body slightly oily when you take it apart the first time. Though its easy enough to slip the suit back on without any oil.

BatRepair2.jpg

Sorry for providing such a rushed picture, I'm just giddy with joy that my Batman figure can be played with once again :D

Thanks again to MPCHI for his help!!!!

BOBBY

UPDATE-Hot Toys just responded to my e-mail and said they would repair the body if I sent it to Hong Kong. I sent them a picture of the repairs effected already and asked for replacement True Type hip and thighs instead, so I use the spare body for future projects.[/QUOTE]

:horror Your great pic makes me want mine even more!! Plastic Earth better have my Dark Knight in tommorrow or there'll be HELL to pay!! It's been paid for since the begining of December!! Those cork suckin' barstages won't even answer my emails!! :cuss:horse:blackbat

i've been wanting to get a takara cape too
but i think i'll do the mod differently
if you look at the costume, the real one
you can see these wire straps under the armor,
it looks like the Nolan team made the cape go on like backpack straps and then put the armor over it, oh and looped it through
that collar bone piece where the tabs go on the HT figure
so i think i'll just sew the cape and loop it through the armor similar to the real suit

Seeing this post brings me a big smile. :D Glad I can help. Nice pics too.

HT did use some lubricant on the body to make it easier to slip on the rubber suit. Not a lot, but you can feel the TDK body slightly oily when you take it apart the first time. Though its easy enough to slip the suit back on without any oil.

Hey guys thanks for your support!
I know i'm not the only one who will encounter broken limbs, so hopefully others can learn from the postings :)

MPCHI, would you happen to know what kind of lubricant was used? Right now, the Bat Suit sticks a bit to the plastic body, and when I move the figure, the rubber suit binds to the hips, elbows, and knees, and because of that it starts to stretch a bit. This obvidously didn't happen before, and I don't want an accidental tear in the rubber.

I have access to different lubricants at work, silicones, teflons, etc. I surnise any petrol based oild will be bad for the rubber suit. I do have some silicone mold release sitting by my desk.....

BOBBY

Hi everyone, newly registered :wave but not new to the site. Just love those Batman shots, simply awesome. I didn't know of Hot Toys until a couple of weeks back and as soon as I saw TDK batman, I quickly ordered him. Though surprised at first at the prices for their figures, being just toys, today I realized why they cost tons. The box itself is just pure quality material as is the figure itself, though I still say they are expensive. But very happy with my purchase. Congrats to all who got the Bats:woo

Hi everyone, newly registered :wave but not new to the site. Just love those Batman shots, simply awesome. I didn't know of Hot Toys until a couple of weeks back and as soon as I saw TDK batman, I quickly ordered him. Though surprised at first at the prices for their figures, being just toys, today I realized why they cost tons. The box itself is just pure quality material as is the figure itself, though I still say they are expensive. But very happy with my purchase. Congrats to all who got the Bats:woo

It's always good witnessing someone else beginning the slippery slope.... :D

Congrats and welcome to the board!

Everytime I see pics of TDK, I want to buy it. I'm a little tight on cash. I'm looking for a loose one if anyone has one for sale.

Hey guys, is the logo on the front of the belt supposed to deattach?

i cant wait to get mine in! my figure just shipped out today!

Damn! I guess it's time to pull out the good ol' glue friend...

How far can the chest be shaved before the plastic has worn through... is there a limit how flat it can go?

It still looks ace though, I wonder if it could ever go as flat as the film... or I'd imagine it would require an entire new mold of the chest piece.

Love this pic!! Have any more good pics of TDK??

Awesome shot, for a short while I mistook it for HT TDk figure. :lol

Back