HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Hey guys thanks for your support!
I know i'm not the only one who will encounter broken limbs, so hopefully others can learn from the postings :)

MPCHI, would you happen to know what kind of lubricant was used? Right now, the Bat Suit sticks a bit to the plastic body, and when I move the figure, the rubber suit binds to the hips, elbows, and knees, and because of that it starts to stretch a bit. This obvidously didn't happen before, and I don't want an accidental tear in the rubber.

I have access to different lubricants at work, silicones, teflons, etc. I surnise any petrol based oild will be bad for the rubber suit. I do have some silicone mold release sitting by my desk.....

BOBBY

Can't help you on the lubricant used, as I couldn't figure out. But I doubted it will introduce enough stress to tear the suit. The suit is really stretchy (actually try to tear a small piece myself, an excessive piece in the inner suit that didn't get cut clean). Pretty much it stretches as good as rubber band. And HT even used glue to fix the suit at the elbows. So I wouldn't worry too much on the lubricant. On the other hand, if you add too much and seeped some into some of the joints, it will make the joints looser than you want. And now that you have put TDK back together, the lubricant is probably not worth taking things apart again, especially if you glued back some parts. Should be ok. The TDK suit can take the stretch.

Awesome shot, for a short while I mistook it for HT TDk figure. :lol

So did I. Now I understand why alot of you guys are using the Takara Begins cape...the one that came with the Hot Toys Dark Knight figure is too short!!!

BOBBY

Can't help you on the lubricant used, as I couldn't figure out. But I doubted it will introduce enough stress to tear the suit. The suit is really stretchy (actually try to tear a small piece myself, an excessive piece in the inner suit that didn't get cut clean). Pretty much it stretches as good as rubber band. And HT even used glue to fix the suit at the elbows. So I wouldn't worry too much on the lubricant. On the other hand, if you add too much and seeped some into some of the joints, it will make the joints looser than you want. And now that you have put TDK back together, the lubricant is probably not worth taking things apart again, especially if you glued back some parts. Should be ok. The TDK suit can take the stretch.

MPCHI,

Gotta agree with you about how stretchy the Batsuit is...I didn't seperate mine by breaking the "shirt" to "pants" bond. Rather I pulled the entire plastic body out from the neckhole!!! This has been done 3 times (I tried using a regular True Type body initially...shoulders too wide) with no signs of stress or damage!!!!

I just checked mine (ver. 2.0) and it didn't have glue marks at the elbows. Is your's an earlier version? I actually took my figure apart again yesterday, in anticipation of adding lubricant to the body, and to take better pictures of the modifications made to the repaired body. I haven't been able to figure out if the Batsuit is PVC, silicon or Kraton rubber. This is important since different lubricants can damage certain rubbers. Hot Toys did not reply to my inquiry so I've decided on a safe choice....

https://www.super-lube.com/synthetic-oil-with-ptfe-high-viscosity-ez-56.htm

The PTFE (Teflon) is inert, and will not harm plastics, and the oil base is synthetic, so no petrol hadrocarbons to damage the rubber. (Hey look, all those Chemistry classes can be useful after all :) )

BTW, good point about using too much lubricant....I'll be careful to avoid the joints and be very precise and selective with it's application.

I'll try to document all my steps with photos for a tutorial in the future...

Thanks again, great sharing ideas with you!!!

BOBBY

can anybody tell me if cornerstorecomics are any good to order from?? im from england! do they ship?? any help would be grateful thanx!

Watching TDK recently, it's not a huge dissappointment but I wish both this figure and the Begins suit featured the side belt holster for his grapple gun, neither suit had the back attachment.

can anybody tell me if cornerstorecomics are any good to order from?? im from england! do they ship?? any help would be grateful thanx!

From their website:

International Shipping

International orders are shipped via USPS Airmail (approximately 1-3 weeks, depending upon destination) or EMS Global Express (at a higher cost, but including insurance and faster delivery times.) There is no tracking provided with standard airmail shipping, and the customer assumes all liability for lost/damaged packages traveling to non-U.S. destinations using USPS Airmail. If you are concerned about being covered for loss/damage, PLEASE choose USPS Global Express Mail.

If an international customer chooses an in ineligible shipping option during Checkout, CSC will change the shipping option to an appropriate shipping option and adjust the shipping rates accordingly. Customers with destinations outside North America should NOT choose any option that says USA ONLY or CANADA in the shipping description. Please pay attention people.

International orders from new customers may be held until we are able to verify proper receipt of funds. We apologize for any inconvenience, but due to the amount of fraudulent credit card activity that originates from overseas, we must take steps to protect ourselves from those few bad people who are trying to spoil it for everyone else. It's a better option than discontinuing foreign shipments altogether. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding this policy. Once you have been established as a legitimate paying international customer, your future orders will not be delayed from prompt shipping.

When international orders require us to ship multiple packages (due to parcel size restrictions set by your country or due to split shipments for items with multiple release dates) your shipping rates WILL BE HIGHER than the shopping cart rates shown. The shopping cart is not able to determine these "multiple package" parameters on its own, and there is no shipping discount offered to us by the shipping company to ship more than one international package at a time. We will adjust your shipping fees accordingly to cover our shipping costs.

Watching TDK recently, it's not a huge dissappointment but I wish both this figure and the Begins suit featured the side belt holster for his grapple gun, neither suit had the back attachment.

Would you have photos of hip holster? I noticed this on the actual costume featured at the Museum of Art last summer, but security there did not allow me to take a photograph. This suit was a bit battered, not pristine like the one at TRU Times Square or the Arclight.

BOBBY

Can try movie stills, I just noticed at one point fighting Joker in the Prewitt building, you see it dangling off his side and the sticky gun connects in the back. I kinda like the holster concept better than the back rest, seems easier to get at and all.

The most prominent part it is noticeable on the BB suit is right after he gats knocked off the van at the garage, and turns to step up ready to drop onto it.

Can try movie stills, I just noticed at one point fighting Joker in the Prewitt building, you see it dangling off his side and the sticky gun connects in the back. I kinda like the holster concept better than the back rest, seems easier to get at and all.

You're on a Mac right? or even grab VLC for the Windows version as well and stick the DVD in or whatever. It's easy enough to take screen grabs of it.

I've got ways to capture stills, I was referring to finding ones that would show it.

I was just looking at the garage scene, best I can tell, it's just a flat piece of metal or whatever that the gun clips to, can't see how it connects, just see a long rectangular piece the same color as the belt running down his thigh with the gun on top of it. Probably tricky to duplicate custom at this scale.

I just took this screen cap. It is Batman getting up right after Joker sics the dogs on him. You can see the gun on his left, but I can't really tell what is holding it.
Batman_holster.jpg

I managed to come up with this little hookup pretty easily for the figure:
grapnelholster.jpg

Just half a bobby pin bent on both ends to hook on the belt and the gun, can hook it anywhere on the belt really, pretty easy.

Here's some full pics of him with it on:
tdkgrap1.jpg

tdkgrap2.jpg

tdkgrap3.jpg

tdkgrap4.jpg

Just a bent piece of hair pin, the part that hooks the gun is bent so that it grips it tightly, the other end just hangs on the belt and can be moved around freely. Guess now i have a place for the grapnel gun if i ever end up making a sticky bomb gun.

looks great!

Back