HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

i just picked up my tdk bats today- i pulled the head off to change it and am not sure what to do next! do i pull the whole neck off thats left,and/or the that bit plugs into the bottom of the masked face?? any help would be appreciated! thanx

you have to pull the neck out too and switch it with what was provided with the Wayne sculpt.

I should have thought of that what Magnuz did. I have plenty of metal tie wraps covered in a black sleeve that would be perfect. Looks really cool though, Magnuz. :D

This is my first Hot Toys figure so naturally I am very cautious and don't want to break anything. Can you all help me, please?

1) I want to swap Bat's head with Bruce's, do I pull the whole neck/head assembly all together or do I have to take the head off and then the neck?

2) And what is the best way to pull the head? Use a hairdryer?

3) The elastic strap that connects from his right shoulder pad to the chest armor came unglued.(unfortunately) The unglued part is detached from the chest armor. How can I remove the chest armor so that I can re-glue the strap to the armor? Any preferred recommendations for glue?

4) Is dipping the hands in hot water the best and easiest way to remove the hands for swapping?

Thank you very much for your patience, help, and answering my questions.

^ Y'know, with an expensive figure like that and me being paranoid of it being mostly made out of rubber, instead of heating up the head and neck area, I just finding it safer and better to eventually make a Bruce Wayne kit bash.

Your sig is ^^^^ing massive.

It's because I have an inferiority complex being the new member and all. :( ;) I'll shrink it once I get back home, it's not that big compared to some other boards I frequent and I couldn't see the general size other members here use until I reached my 10th post so I just went with the force of habit. :monkey3

A couple of my TDK Bat pics:

baleman2.jpg

baleman4.jpg

baleman2.jpg

baleman4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

makes me want it more and more..sigh..only like 3 or 4 weeks till i get mine

This is my first Hot Toys figure so naturally I am very cautious and don't want to break anything. Can you all help me, please?

1) I want to swap Bat's head with Bruce's, do I pull the whole neck/head assembly all together or do I have to take the head off and then the neck?

2) And what is the best way to pull the head? Use a hairdryer?

3) The elastic strap that connects from his right shoulder pad to the chest armor came unglued.(unfortunately) The unglued part is detached from the chest armor. How can I remove the chest armor so that I can re-glue the strap to the armor? Any preferred recommendations for glue?

4) Is dipping the hands in hot water the best and easiest way to remove the hands for swapping?

Thank you very much for your patience, help, and answering my questions.

1) It's up to you, I usually pull off the both entire assemblies at the same time, (head and neck together),

2) Use heat only if you encounter difficulty, 30 seconds is sufficient. My Dark Knight head comes off without the need for heat.

3) My elastic strap seperated as well. I didn't reglue it, I simply tucked the loose elastic under the chest armor, and it no longer restricts the right arm's movement. If you want to fix it, you'll have to pull off the glued underarm straps (plastic ones). The elastic strap can be reglued with super glue.

Go through all 18 pages of this thread...lots of good info:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42665

4) I use a hair drier, but hot water works as well. Make sure you don't twist the wrist or hand when removing them...just pull straight out.

hope this helped!

BOBBY

1) It's up to you, I usually pull off the both entire assemblies at the same time, (head and neck together),

2) Use heat only if you encounter difficulty, 30 seconds is sufficient. My Dark Knight head comes off without the need for heat.

3) My elastic strap seperated as well. I didn't reglue it, I simply tucked the loose elastic under the chest armor, and it no longer restricts the right arm's movement. If you want to fix it, you'll have to pull off the glued underarm straps (plastic ones). The elastic strap can be reglued with super glue.

Go through all 18 pages of this thread...lots of good info:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42665

4) I use a hair drier, but hot water works as well. Make sure you don't twist the wrist or hand when removing them...just pull straight out.

hope this helped!

BOBBY

I'll give it a try. Thanks so much for your detailed and helpful advice Bobby! :) Just a quick question about pulling the neck, is it best to just pull the neck straight out or twist while pulling? Thanks again.

I'll give it a try. Thanks so much for your detailed and helpful advice Bobby! :) Just a quick question about pulling the neck, is it best to just pull the neck straight out or twist while pulling? Thanks again.

Straight, never twist!

BOBBY

It's because I have an inferiority complex being the new member and all. :( ;) I'll shrink it once I get back home, it's not that big compared to some other boards I frequent and I couldn't see the general size other members here use until I reached my 10th post so I just went with the force of habit. :monkey3

baleman2.jpg

baleman4.jpg

Heh, no probs buddy. I'm not a mod or anything, so not even sure the limit! Cool sig anyways!

Nice TDK shots too!

Just got my TDK Batman today & something is puzziling me.Is TDK Batman supposed to come packaged with his cape on,half way on, or completely off? :confused: I'm not sure if my cape is all the way on, I can still feel the plastic where the cape meets the shoulder armor. Any help would be great!! :eek:

Just got my TDK Batman today & something is puzziling me.Is TDK Batman supposed to come packaged with his cape on,half way on, or completely off? :confused: I'm not sure if my cape is all the way on, I can still feel the plastic where the cape meets the shoulder armor. Any help would be great!! :eek:

Cape is usually all the way on, completely. wat u do is lift the chest plate armour up slightly whilst slotting the plastic cape tabs down and up underneath so that they are both sitting flat against him. shouldnt be raised once its in properly... Bit fiddly but once u get it ull know wat im talkin about

I just did the hip-placement-gun-mod on my Bats. I like it much better, now.

Excuse the bad photo.

Now, I just need to do Snake S ucker's Takara Batman cape mod, and I'll be set!

Last edited:
Back