HT Superman re-issued?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I for one would love for HT to do a Lex Luthor. That would be sweet. But I think a Reeve Superman or an updated Superman Returns figure would be just as good, if not better. With an updated version, they can refine the scuplt, soften up the etched lines in the "S" and give him a leathery like cape. I'd buy it.

new forum member here...

i just received my HT supes from HLJ last week. the listing is there... https://www.hlj.com/product/BLD17124 but it has already sold out!

HLJ was fast with my order, got it in 3 days after it left japan.

great figure, so glad i was able to get it while supplies were available again.

:welcome!

Since you're the most recent to get one - does it still say 1200 as the edition size on the CofA?

tobyman said:
new forum member here...

i just received my HT supes from HLJ last week. the listing is there... https://www.hlj.com/product/BLD17124 but it has already sold out!

HLJ was fast with my order, got it in 3 days after it left japan.

great figure, so glad i was able to get it while supplies were available again.

damn you. I've been looking for him for awhile now. since you just got it, why don't you send him my way. :rotfl :rotfl

thanks for the welcome greeting!

does the cert still say 1200... yes it does indeed. i believe that my HT supes was a part of the first production run. i think blister direct had an allotment reserved with HT and then sold it thru HLJ after all the other sites sold theirs.

i was looking for this figure for the longest time as well! i was looking thru site after site and just got lucky that i saw a post here on sideshowcollectors about HLJ selling the HT supes figure for less than ebay. when i saw it, i jumped on it as fast as i could!

Last edited:
tobyman said:
thanks for the welcome greeting!

does the cert still say 1200... yes it does indeed. i believe that my HT supes was apart of the first production run. i think blister direct had an allotment reserved with HT and then sold it thru HLJ after all the other sites sold theirs.

i was looking for this figure for the longest time as well! i was looking thru site after site and just got lucky that i saw a post here on sideshowcollectors about HLJ selling the HT supes figure for less than ebay. when i saw it, i jumped on it as fast as i could!

Congrats tobyman,
Yes, HT states on the certificate of authenticity this item is strictly limited to 1200 pieces.

Since I missed out on HT Supes, I really do hope they're making another run of the figure. I wouldn't mind if it had a slightly different head sculpt in order to differentiate between the two releases.
But if it's a Christopher Reeves Superman, I'd do anything I could to get one.

HT toys is re releasing the Firemen and they've also done a newer version of their first Navy Seal, so it's not uncommon for them to rerelease popular figures.
And I don't see how a licenser could complain, they'd be making even more money with a rerelease.
As much as I like the HT Supes, I'm not spending anywhere near $200 for one. It's best to wait until they make another one, perhaps they will for the next Superman sequel.

screamingmetal said:
Since I missed out on HT Supes, I really do hope they're making another run of the figure. I wouldn't mind if it had a slightly different head sculpt in order to differentiate between the two releases.
But if it's a Christopher Reeves Superman, I'd do anything I could to get one.

HT toys is re releasing the Firemen and they've also done a newer version of their first Navy Seal, so it's not uncommon for them to rerelease popular figures.
And I don't see how a licenser could complain, they'd be making even more money with a rerelease.
As much as I like the HT Supes, I'm not spending anywhere near $200 for one. It's best to wait until they make another one, perhaps they will for the next Superman sequel.

I agree with you. I think HT can make a Version 2 of the figure now with some differences from the original version. I believe that the existence of a 2nd version is not going to make collectors who have the original version feel angry. Many can consider that as they have spent $129 to $250 (I'm one of them::monkey2 $230) for the original fig. limited to 1200, the 2nd. figure would be much more accessible and even better than the first. I think they could release a 2nd version now and I hope they do the fig. from the second movie too. It'd be my pleasure to buy my 2nd Superman from HT, they are excellent and the best to me :D

You have a point there. Although I would love to see Supes re-released how cool would it be to have a Lex Luthor or Zod released by HT? I mean a CK figure would be cool or a second Superman is a great idea but he has to have someone to fight against right :naughty

Batman5 said:
You have a point there. Although I would love to see Supes re-released how cool would it be to have a Lex Luthor or Zod released by HT? I mean a CK figure would be cool or a second Superman is a great idea but he has to have someone to fight against right :naughty

Superman can't find Sith Anakin ??? :lol :lol

i definitely would get a second version HT supes... the quality of the first is tops in my book. altho i would think that in reality the 2nd release would tie in with the sequel, which is 3 years away!!

tobyman said:
just an FYI for those who may want to get on this... HLJ is showing that HT supes re-stock available for Sept.

https://www.hlj.com/product/BLD17124

price is decent compared to ebay prices and u know its legit.

I LOVE YOU, but is this site reliable? I have never heard of it. I wonder what the shipping would be, if it's from Japan, I might as well buy one of the ones here in the US and not pay $40 shipping.

i can confirm the shipping price for HLJ... my HT supes cost $27 to ship via EMS service.

very reliable vendor to order from, i got mine in 3 days after it left japan.

looks like action-hq also has the HT supes back on order as well.... it's priced higher than HLJ tho @ 199.99

New information has arised to suggest a HT Clark Kent coming out with two heads - one Clark the other a new Superman scuplt.

Back