HT Predator 2 BATTLE DAMAGED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you buy it bro. I want some.

You can pick up glow in the dark in stores like Spencers, or some head shops that sell psychadelic posters, mushroom candles, etc. I had a hard time locating this sort of paint at a craft place like Michaels a few years ago, but they may now carry it.

DSCF4280.jpg

I can image it now, aliens are starting to swarm all around, Celtic gets ready for battle, Chopper examines the field, and Scar jumps the gun and sets off his self destruct. :monkey1

Viking Playground delivered my Battle Damaged Predator 2 order yesterday!

I assembled him in record time with no issues whatsoever. I have the first release and between the two, the BD version is the best. He just comes with everything the first one did and more. So if you ever want one, go for the BD version.
I love the poseable mandibles, they just scream Predator when on the figure. Predator figures that don't have this feature feel incomplete. Although some masks are pretty badass, I think I prefer open mandibles overall.

The Alien skull is HUGE! I didn't think it would be as large as it is. The sculpt is intricate and more detailed then I had thought it would be.

The opening Med kit doesn't add much, it's really only useful with the missing arm which I won't be displaying.

Overall I'm much happier with this Pred then I was with the original Pred 2 or the Cleaner Wolf version. :rock

Cool! But Damn that took a long time to get to you!

There was a delay in the shipping of the second wave, but VP was nice enough to hold my order another couple of weeks to give me enough time to save up, the notice came out of nowhere.
I'm glad I got him because out of the 11 Hot Toys Preds I own, this figure is my second favorite! :D

EP 2 is first right?
I use Viking Playground too sometimes.They take a little longer to get the HT merch,but the owner is super nice and will work with you.I'm still waiting for my SCAR army ranger and weapons set 4!:banghead:D

I can image it now, aliens are starting to swarm all around, Celtic gets ready for battle, Chopper examines the field, and Scar jumps the gun and sets off his self destruct. :monkey1

I imagine it different..kinda like this...

Chopper gets his ass owned, Celtic gets his ass owned then Scar runs away with lex :lol:monkey3

How good is the paint job on P2 preds face, he is my fav pred, though everyone seems to hype the P2 elder and Wolf more, why is that ?

From all the pics I've seen here his eyes look a bit funny, like they messed up slightly on the scuplt. And the paint job on his face doesn't look quite as detailed as P2 Elder and wolf, is this so ? Its the only thing holding me back from getting him.

Paint job is good, but eyes are so far back in the head, they are hard to see, plus the eyes need some dark paint around them so they will show up better. Easily fixable issues if you are so inclined. figuremasterles did a repaint of the p2, so you might want to search for his repaint to see how much it can be improved. I'm very satisfied w/ the paint on the face, don't let that be the deal breaker, too many other plus factors.

I really like the figure...articulation isn't limited due to armor as w/ the AVP preds, body is more muscular vs. wolf (wolf almost looks anemic standing next to p2), detail is on par w/ all other preds imo. Given accessories like the alien skull, and the spear is awesome, too, I think I like him better than wolf...wolf is a nice figure as well. And the blood paint is hardly noticable. I don't own elder, however, so can't compare the two.

EP 2 is first right?
I use Viking Playground too sometimes.They take a little longer to get the HT merch,but the owner is super nice and will work with you.I'm still waiting for my SCAR army ranger and weapons set 4!:banghead:D

Yep Elder P2 is first.
  1. Elder P2
  2. BD Pred 2
  3. AVP Celtic
  4. AVP Ancient Sideshow edition
  5. AVPR Cleaner Wolf
  6. AVPR Wolf
  7. AVP Chopper
  8. AVP Ancient Asian ed.
  9. AVP Scar
  10. AVP Elder
  11. Predator 2
The owner of VP is a member here as well as OSW by the way.

Dutch said:
How good is the paint job on P2 preds face, he is my fav pred, though everyone seems to hype the P2 elder and Wolf more, why is that ?

From all the pics I've seen here his eyes look a bit funny, like they messed up slightly on the scuplt. And the paint job on his face doesn't look quite as detailed as P2 Elder and wolf, is this so ? Its the only thing holding me back from getting him.
I don't know why Wolf is hyped more, flavor of the moment I guess, but P2 Elder is an amazing figure. Remove the bead work, handgun souvenir, and cloth wrappings and place blades in his left gauntlet and you have a perfect Predator 1. I think that's why it's so loved. The paint work on the head is also the best of all of them.
As Bubbahotep said, the eyes are missing the black paint surrounding the eyes. The yellow color also needs to be blended in a little but it's quite acceptable in normal light.
Here's a comparison pic of the HT paint with the film's mask paint Wookster posted in the original Predator 2 thread:
headcomp2copy.jpg

Last edited:
I'm kinda tempted to paint the eye sockets on mine black now, and maybe give the face a little bit of a wash. Figure still looks great, I was just much more impressed with the paint on Wolf's head.

Ok guys thanks, I think I'll get him. If I don't like his face I'll just put the Bio Helmet on to cover it up. His face will probably look much better in hand than in the pics anyway.

Back