HT Predator 1 Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes absolutely true, Weathers is one greedy bastard. Apollo Greed!

Well maybe Weathers just wanted to be remembered as a important character in the Rocky franchise. Since he was an important character some flashbacks of Apollo Creed wouldn't have been redundant. He may have found it a bit insulting that they didn't include Creed footage and thus refused to have his character's pictures displayed. I'm just speculating here ofcourse but that may not have been a money issue at all. Carl weathers seems to be a friendly guy.

It wasn't about money, he wanted to be in Rocky Balboa but the production team didn't feel it fit in the story, so he pulled a "fine I'm taking my ball with me" act and fought them about having even his picture in the background or any flashbacks. He didn't care about the movie just getting another chance to shine and wasn't understanding that Creed didn't fit into the film the way he wanted to.

It wasn't about money, he wanted to be in Rocky Balboa but the production team didn't feel it fit in the story, so he pulled a "fine I'm taking my ball with me" act and fought them about having even his picture in the background or any flashbacks. He didn't care about the movie just getting another chance to shine and wasn't understanding that Creed didn't fit into the film the way he wanted to.

I don't find that completely unreasonable though. The dude just wants to be remembered.

But wait i thought he just wanted old flashbacks to be inserted? How can Creed return as a character? He would have aged to much for newly shot flashbacks aswell.

They don't care about honor, they care bout the almight $$$
Not everybody cares about toys like we do. Some people would actually consider it something of an insult to be made into a figure -- particularly since they probably don't think of them as an art form, or even realize how good the high-end figures are these days.

If Stallone himself mentioned Carl Weathers as "Apollo Greed" then Weathers MUST be a greedy bastard. Carl Weather was even ^^^^^ing back in the day when Jakks Pacific released a 7" figure line. He's a real weird and picky individual, very arrogant.

I doubt leaked pictures would mean the end of this relationship between HT & Fox.

They've both done great with the AVP lines, Aliens line, and we still have figures from the original Alien coming down the pike.

Stranger things have happened but although they may be upset, I doubt this will amount to much.

I don't find that completely unreasonable though. The dude just wants to be remembered.

But wait i thought he just wanted old flashbacks to be inserted? How can Creed return as a character? He would have aged to much for newly shot flashbacks aswell.

I think he wanted to be in flashbacks like they did with Mickey in Rocky 5, they're flashbacks but filmed after the fact, new material, or something to that extent. That or he did want money for use of his image in there, I can't remember which since it's been awhile since I read the information, but it's proven on the DVD, there's a cut scene where there's a picture of Rocky fighting Creed and Creed's face is blurred out like an episode of Cops.

Not everybody cares about toys like we do. Some people would actually consider it something of an insult to be made into a figure -- particularly since they probably don't think of them as an art form, or even realize how good the high-end figures are these days.

True, and that's respectable if a person opts not to have their image used, but when they opt to hold out for big dollars, that's pretty shady. Arnie has no problem with his likeness used since SSC has done several products featuring it, and Hot Toys has already not obtained likeness rights in a few properties so I'm guessing it's about saving some dough since they can get around the rights problem to an extent.

33f8368aef8af839a441a5bmf8.jpg

Notice Billy and Dutch at the bottom row, but they're both turned backwards, likely tied to this whole mess.

yeaa I see them !! I wonder why they have them turned. keep them away from cams mybe.

Well, read back a few pages in this thread, there's some stuff tentatively going on between HT and FOX over these figures, and seeing them turned away at this show suggests truth to the tales.

If they make money, they don't care -- general rule of thumb in life. :)

Someone at Fox is just having an ego tantrum, that's all.
wow i just read through the last couple of pages.. and i can't believe the recent turn of events. i really don't see why both sides can't just get along. if pictures were leaked early...big deal. all it did was build more hype for the line. if not then who cares.... it still built hype for the line. if there is money to be made i dont see Fox or Hot Toys holding a grudge and ultimately pulling the plug based on their previous business relationship.

wow i just read through the last couple of pages.. and i can't believe the recent turn of events. i really don't see why both sides can't just get along. if pictures were leaked early...big deal. all it did was build more hype for the line. if not then who cares.... it still built hype for the line. if there is money to be made i dont see Fox or Hot Toys holding a grudge and ultimately pulling the plug based on their previous business relationship.

Even if they release this line, reducing the accuracy on the facial sculpts is a real downer for me. I'd still buy them ofcourse but less enthusiastically so. Better than nothing right?:banghead

yeaa I see them !! I wonder why they have them turned. keep them away from cams mybe.

Maybe, they're turned to see a different view.....after all there are a few Predaliens displayed. Perhaps there are some displayed face forward but you can't see them.

The Toy Show isn't open to the public until Saturday(now it's just for distributors). Maybe they're waiting until then. Hopefully we'll see them sooner.

a bit off topic but those shelving units are very nice if you have the space.

I really can't wait for these figures , up to now I have all the alien figures , all the aliens except the aliens alien and the powerloader.

I cannot wait for these !! :rock
Damn , waiting for something like this really sucks though.

It was me who contacted a few people about the pics.
I got an email letting me know that the pics are as yet un approved and the licensee doesn't want them out there. So I contacted a few people I know (and some I don't, thanks for getting back to me if you did) letting them know what I'd been told, to see if they didn't mind taking the pics down for the time being. It's not time to get too riled up yet (I hope), I'm sure everything is still polite. But the problem is the pics featured in a Far East magazine from what I can gather. So in these wonderfull days of the Web those pics were scanned and sent all over the globe in minutes.

They haven't had final approval so shouldn't yet be viewed by 'us' the public, so if any one has posted them, and wouldn't mind suspending them for the time being I think HT would be very greatful.

I'd hate it to be hasta la vista, baby, to these figures!

Cheers.

Last edited:
I hope they are just rough versions of the final product similar to the first Kane/Dallas pictures that were rleased,and the final product when approved will be perfect,because Hot Toys can do soooo much better with the Arnie likeness.

I dont get why if the Pics are not supposed to be up They are in a magazine??

That those not make sense to me!

33f8368aef8af839a441a5bmf8.jpg
I dont know if it's been mentioned yet but you know what that looks like right in the centre, under the Predalien? A Weyland Yutani commado as seen at the end of Alien 3 (1992)!!!!!

Back