HT Predator 1 Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't told to keep it secret so i'll just mention it. Apparently the figures aren't approved yet by Fox and they are angered by this. It is now uncertain if these figures will even be released. Atleast that is what i have been told by another member here. All the pics of these figs should be removed from the thread. To me this is very sad news, let's hope they will still release them:monkey2.

What!? That sucks if it's true. I can't imagine why Fox would be angered over general enthusiasm for the line at long last.

I mean, I think I was the first person to post the leaked Ripley HT figure picture many many months before it was announced. At least HT had said long ago that they were doing the Predator license.

Maybe this is just hype of some kind...or a likeness problem.

I wasn't told to keep it secret so i'll just mention it. Apparently the figures aren't approved yet by Fox and they are angered by this. It is now uncertain if these figures will even be released. Atleast that is what i have been told by another member here. All the pics of these figs should be removed from the thread. To me this is very sad news, let's hope they will still release them:monkey2.

if its true it sucks.
I think these will definitely be released though , if not hot toys fans will be angry including me. Especially to tease us like this .

What!? That sucks if it's true. I can't imagine why Fox would be angered over general enthusiasm for the line at long last.

I blame Hot Toys, couldn't they have made a good deal with Fox BEFOR they developed and released pics of the figs??? I hope Fox is nice enough to still approve these figs for the Predator fans. We have been waiting a long time for this line.

I blame Hot Toys, couldn't they have made a good deal with Fox BEFOR they developed and released pics of the figs??? I hope Fox is nice enough to still approve these figs for the Predator fans. We have been waiting a long time for this line.

HT announced months ago that it had the Predator license. This is NO surprise for Fox.

I'm sure LOTS to products are produced BEFORE they get approval.

Well, from 8th's post, my interpretation is that Fox granted them the Predator license, HT made these prototypes and has subsequently release images of them, BUT without getting final approval from Fox to do so, which suggests perhaps that Fox is now fighting them and rethinking the license grant, sure hope not but it's possible. I'm sure some will ^^^^^ out FOX for this, but if anything goes down because HT's going to market prematurely, then it's all HT's fault. Apparently there's games to be played. Remember, the first images we saw of Kain and Dallas had generic faces showing, that was probably their get around, and not until SSC got them for order did we finally see detailed sculpts. Could be they thought if they painted the faces as they did for the early pictures they'd be ok but now we're hearing through the grape vine that it wasn't ok.

If HT have the license why should it be approved by fox? BEFOR(E):lol

Because typically licenses still entitle the license holder to approval of any product before release. The product will be tied to property Fox owns and it has the rights to discretion of what products represent it's properties.

I heard this all from Wookster by the way. I thought i would just inform you folks. There are still plenty of pics from the figs in this thread though:confused:.

He mentioned it would help HT if they were removed.

Well don't expect it to happen instantly, some of the people who posted them may not see all this for days.

Maybe the mods should just delete this entire thread, conversation's pretty mute if this all dies.

I'll say this though, screw Dutch and Billy, if this mess ^^^^s up getting P1 Predator, I'm going to be bummed hardcore, and likely it'll bleed over onto ALIEN line as well if Fox gets really pissed.

Maybe the mods should just delete this entire thread, conversation's pretty mute if this all dies.

I agree

I'll say this though, screw Dutch and Billy, if this mess ^^^^s up getting P1 Predator, I'm going to be bummed hardcore, and likely it'll bleed over onto ALIEN line as well if Fox gets really pissed.

For me Dutch was the most important fig in this line:monkey2, i already have the 1:1 predator bust so the predator himself is not the most important addition for me.

I heard this all from Wookster by the way. I thought i would just inform you folks. There are still plenty of pics from the figs in this thread though:confused:.

Wookster's a reliable source, but I just don't see FOX pulling out if there's money to be made.

I'm sure HT will say they didn't officially release any pics...they just got loose somehow. You know how the internet is.

For everyone to not miss in here.

Apparently, Hot Toys may have let these images of the figures out prematurely and upset FOX in doing so to the point the actual production of this line isn't even a certainty.

I doubt FOX will kill the line, they may be upset for various license issue reasons, but no reason to kill the line. Who's complaining anyway? :lol

Back