HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big thankyou to Taylor for sending me the bio 1 mask,thought i'd share some pictures the mask really helps to finish him off.Top Man Taylor!!thanks

Halala... Thank you a lot mates! :bow
@EndIessRAlN: thank you, thank you, it's too much praise for me (I'm not going to know where to look). As you can not wait, here's another pic (sister of the third in the last set).
PREDATOR03.jpg

@MaulFan: thank you Sean, I appreciate the compliment! I try to do my best, but it is better that you do not know what material I tinker with: compared, MacGyver, this is of gnognote! (there, not sure of the translation...) :D

Today was a good day to be a Predator fan:
Predator7.png

Picked up the Ultimate Hunter Edition Blu-ray on sale, got taylerdurdem's new mask in the mail and went to see Predators. :)
Now to mod those dreads again, apparently the hot water trick didn't work the first time.

Am I the only one that never needed to do the hot water mod a second time on my Preds? All I did was one time on all of them and they have all stayed down for good. Agonistes did you tie the dreads down when you dunked it into boiling hot water?

Am I the only one that never needed to do the hot water mod a second time on my Preds? All I did was one time on all of them and they have all stayed down for good. Agonistes did you tie the dreads down when you dunked it into boiling hot water?

One time was enough for me too... :chew

Jep, used an elastic band that I cut to size. Dipped the head in hot water (just after it had boiled), wrapped the band around the head/dreads, then held him under cold water. Let the head rest like that for about 1-2 days. But over a couple of weeks/months, the dreads slowly went back to their original state.

@MaulFan: thank you Sean, I appreciate the compliment! I try to do my best, but it is better that you do not know what material I tinker with: compared, MacGyver, this is of gnognote! (there, not sure of the translation...) :D

Use whatever it takes to get the job done, if people saw the half-assed way I put my shots together they'd probably scratch their heads at the results. I can only wonder what I'd do with real equipment :lol

Jep, used an elastic band that I cut to size. Dipped the head in hot water (just after it had boiled), wrapped the band around the head/dreads, then held him under cold water. Let the head rest like that for about 1-2 days. But over a couple of weeks/months, the dreads slowly went back to their original state.

How long did you keep it under the boiling water for? And I would suggest using a piece of cloth because rubber bands tend to leave marks on your dreads. I kept mine under the boiling water for like a full minute. Let it cool down itself for like 2-3 minutes then drenched it in cold water.

I wonder why HT uses rubber for them, you could do soft PVC or whatever the Jack Sparrow head bits are and they'd be shaped more properly and just lay nice out of the box.

Halala... Thank you a lot mates! :bow
@EndIessRAlN: thank you, thank you, it's too much praise for me (I'm not going to know where to look). As you can not wait, here's another pic (sister of the third in the last set).
PREDATOR03.jpg

Awesome pics bro!!! Looks like the movie!!!

How long did you keep it under the boiling water for? And I would suggest using a piece of cloth because rubber bands tend to leave marks on your dreads. I kept mine under the boiling water for like a full minute. Let it cool down itself for like 2-3 minutes then drenched it in cold water.

Man I gotta still do this to my pred, the damn mask looks like it warped too, gotta use the hairdryer for that one too.

I think I held it under water for 20 seconds max, guess I'll do it a little longer this time. As for the elastic band, yeah I used one covered in cloth, expecting a normal rubber band might cause damage.

Last edited:
Back