HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not cutting and glueing that thing. The hot water method is easy, Ill do it at my car wash washing machine today. It will take 10 seconds to do everything there. Anyone want textured masks that fit let me know. PM. Thanks for the info guys

:lecture:lecture:lecture Every time I see the results they look good, but the thought of doing so...:horror

Cool shot and nice blood effect. :rock You can try using glow in the dark paint too, I used GloPaint on my P2 BD - this is how it looks in the dark:

HotToysPredator2Damaged23.jpg

hey .... how to paint blood?
looks fantastic

I mixed Tamyia Light Green and Testors
Flourescent Yellow from their Racing Finsh
line. I just kept mixing more and more until
I liked the way it looked.

jkno said:
Cool shot and nice blood effect. You can try using glow in the dark paint too, I used GloPaint on my P2 BD - this is how it looks in the dark:

That glow paint looks sweet

Seeing the Predator holding the terminator head gave me an idea for Terminator 6. I know this will never be done but just for fun: A fleet of Predators comes to earth to help the humans wipe out skynet and the troops since there wont be much else to hunt if humans died off. A spin off of that they make a hive for aliens to breed and they come back 50 years later for human and alien hunting which would be avp 1 but outside lol

Last edited:
:lecture:lecture:lecture Every time I see the results they look good, but the thought of doing so...:horror

Its easy to do. I would rather I didn't have to do it in the first place as there can be no box-fresh feeling after you do it. The overall effect of the mod is positive though. The risk of a few visible glue marks is worth it to get the dreads hanging the way they do in the film IMO.

I've had this guy about year now, and over time the little flaws have kind of started to bother me more and more. I wish Hot Toys would stop making the legs on their non-clothed figures so absurdly skinny; I had thought they'd corrected the proportions with this guy originally, but he seems almost as skinny as all of their other Predators. The way the helmet only looks good when he's looking upward really limits his poses — any other direction and it becomes obvious how far off his face it sticks. The eyes may be some of their poorest as well; they seem very toyish compared to much of their own work. Here's hoping the figure that coincides with Predators isn't just a rehash of this figure, but an all-new rubber body version. :pray:

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Its easy to do. I would rather I didn't have to do it in the first place as there can be no box-fresh feeling after you do it. The overall effect of the mod is positive though. The risk of a few visible glue marks is worth it to get the dreads hanging the way they do in the film IMO.

I'm content with the way he looks out of the box. But if I wasn't I'd use the boil 'n dip method before anything that drastic.

I've had this guy about year now, and over time the little flaws have kind of started to bother me more and more. I wish Hot Toys would stop making the legs on their non-clothed figures so absurdly skinny; I had thought they'd corrected the proportions with this guy originally, but he seems almost as skinny as all of their other Predators. The way the helmet only looks good when he's looking upward really limits his poses — any other direction and it becomes obvious how far off his face it sticks. The eyes may be some of their poorest as well; they seem very toyish compared to much of their own work. Here's hoping the figure that coincides with Predators isn't just a rehash of this figure, but an all-new rubber body version. :pray:

Mod the dreads, buy the taylerdurdem mask. It will look 100x better and movie accurate. Trust me.

Yup, I've got mine out again to enjoy, it's been such an explosion of cool figures starting around when this guy shipped, he fell into the shadows of other figures but it's still a very cool and fun figure, and while not KPH reincarnated, it's still a great HT figure of the P1, compared to all the Predators before it, I think it's the best as far as representing the Predator it's based on, nice proportions, really nice head sculpt, and amazing articulation.

Back