HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was kind of clinging onto a shred of hope mine would be here today. Alas no. Still just says ''has left Canada''. I rarely seem to get anything on a monday.

And I knew there was a groupshot of all the P1 soldiers together - in Ripper_joe77's sig there. Thats my Hot Toys dream.

Hopefully, SSC ships them out this week, today's already day 20 since the 15-20 day notices went out. Can't believe it's been that long already

In Predator 2, Stan Winston and Co. used one of the suits from P1 and just modified it slightly to make the Elder Pred. Just like all the Lost Hunters were made using P2 suits and Armor with slight modifications.

Not to mention Kevin Peter Hall played all three (P1, P2 and the P2 Elder).

Thats silly then, I figured there was some folklore about it, like the Elder was the first predator some how, but just because the same costume was made? the height thing doesn't bother me at all now.

Thats silly then, I figured there was some folklore about it, like the Elder was the first predator some how, but just because the same costume was made? the height thing doesn't bother me at all now.

Not to start the whole argument off again but.. how about the fact that the Dutch figure looks like he could easily be a physical match for the Predator when he clearly wasn't in the film?

Its not going to 'ruin' my enjoyment of the figure but its a bit of an oversight from Hot Toys...or maybe undersight.

Not to start the whole argument off again but.. how about the fact that the Dutch figure looks like he could easily be a physical match for the Predator when he clearly wasn't in the film?

As has been pointed out though, aren't all the Predator figures a bit shorter than they ought to be compared to humans.

Within the Predator line, I think the P1's height is just fine, even if not identical to the Elder, it is in sync with the P2, so if it's not tall enough over Dutch, then Dutch is too tall or Predator figures not tall enough.

Yeah.. nothing special. Just the same suit. As far as height, the issue really stems from 2 things. 1) The same actor played P1, P2 and the P2 Elder. And 2) Every Hot Toys Predator figure released has been the same size up until this figure. That's it. If you or anyone else doesn't have a problem with it, that's fine. I don't have a problem with it either. I'm just pointing out the obvious. The P1 HT figure is short. Shorter than every other Predator released from that company. People continue to say things like "it's only a little shorter" or "It doesn't bother me" or "it's not really noticeable" etc. but all that is irrelevant. Still doesn't change the fact that it's short. There's no reason to defend it or Hot Toys. No reason to get defensive or attempt to justify your purchase or fondness of the figure. If you like it, you like it. Enjoy it. :D

MaulFan said:
As has been pointed out though, aren't all the Predator figures a bit shorter than they ought to be compared to humans.

Yes. But they ARE all the same size within the context of the figures themselves. Except P1.

MaulFan said:
Within the Predator line, I think the P1's height is just fine, even if not identical to the Elder, it is in sync with the P2, so if it's not tall enough over Dutch, then Dutch is too tall or Predator figures not tall enough.

Um.. No. You're searching for other reasons and avoiding the obvious. The P1 is shorter. Compared to other HT Predators and in turn, compared to human figures. ALL the HT Preds should be taller, yes. But that's irrelevant to the P1 figure being shorter than all the rest. Saying it's "in sync with the P2" is irrelevant. It's still shorter. I still don't understand why people are still trying to act like it's not shorter. :lol

Last edited:
Um.. No. You're searching for other reasons and avoiding the obvious. The P1 is shorter. Compared to other HT Predators and in turn, compared to human figures. ALL the HT Preds should be taller, yes. But that's irrelevant to the P1 figure being shorter than all the rest. Saying it's "in sync with the P2" is irrelevant. It's still shorter. I still don't understand why people are still trying to act like it's not shorter. :lol

I'm not saying or denying it's shorter than the P2, what I'm saying is how much it is shorter than the P2 figure is appropriate to the difference in the design of the 2 Predators. Their bodies line up, it's the heads where the height difference comes into play, and the P2 has a taller head design than the P1 head, thus they come out different height. The P2 Elder seems quite taller from pics I've seen, but I would say in relation to the P1 and P2, it makes the Elder too tall and oversized.

If he were a quarter of an inch taller, that would just mean he'd be an anorexic twig like all of the other Predators. Making him taller doesn't solve the issue; he's proportionately too small in every way.

who cares!

As opposed to the P2 Elder height being right and the P1 just being too short!?

Going by the pictures, it seems like the P2 Elder is bigger than the P2. I have the P1 and P2 and the height difference looks fine, I've seen pictures on here where the P2 Elder seems to be even taller compared to the P1 and the P2. Since the P2 Elder is the P1 suit, the Elder should also be shorter than the P2 Predator and I'm guessing from photos, is not, so the Elder is wrong, maybe the right height for the P1 to be, but then it would make the P2 the shorty. Proportions aren't a strong suit for HT, but the P1 being it's height within just Predators we know it compares to (P2, P2 Elder) is correct, it should be the size it is in comparison, with the Elder being wrong.

Culinary use of the term "herb" typically distinguishes between herbs, from the leafy green parts of a plant, and spices, from other parts of the plant, including seeds, berries, bark, root, fruit, and even occasionally dried leaves or roots. Culinary herbs are distinguished from vegetables in that, like spices, they are used in small amounts and provide flavor rather than substance to food.

Culinary use of the term "herb" typically distinguishes between herbs, from the leafy green parts of a plant, and spices, from other parts of the plant, including seeds, berries, bark, root, fruit, and even occasionally dried leaves or roots. Culinary herbs are distinguished from vegetables in that, like spices, they are used in small amounts and provide flavor rather than substance to food.

Pronounced "HURB" with no silent "H". A term for someone who follows trends. A person nobody likes.

Back